“Great for small private group sailing, snorkeling.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sailing Mare

Sailing Mare
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our goal is to enjoy the pleasure of sailing with the wind in harmony with the sun and the sea, even at night with the moon and the stars, we do private and personalized service, we have rides from 2 hours, the 8-hour tour includes time for sailing, snorkeling, anchor in a nice beach for swimming, and docking in Isla Mujeres.
Manhasset, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great for small private group sailing, snorkeling.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We had a group of 7 (5 teenagers) and arranged a day sailing on our own boat for about the same cost as a party boat. Luis Alonso Captained our day but allowed my 14 yo son to steer the boat almost the entire day.

We sailed to Isla Mujeres and had ceviche' at Mininos on the beach. Cute old guys play xylophone, and the floor is the beach. If you use the bathrooms, wash your hands in the outside sink. Distinctly fresh food.

Snorkeled at a few small coral outcrops on the way.
Water was a bit choppy and according to Luis late Feb into April is the windy season. (I would caution you to bring your favorite anti emetic).
We trolled one fishing pole but otherwise didn't actively fish.

On the return we stopped at a shrimp boat wreck. If you snorkel in only one place this should be it! This dive is a must! Relatively shallow water, part of the boat is visible above the water with birds hanging out on the crow's nest. I know you might be on vacation but there are schools and schools of fish and you can join them!

Sailing Mare is located north of the hotel strip. Luis arranged our transport at my request for a reasonable $30 RT (7 people).

The boat is equipped with speakers and of course our teens hooked up their own music.

For most of our group this day was the highlight activity of the trip.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank ACandJVR

Porto Alegre, RS
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Why spend your time with an ordinary sail trip if you can book a private?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

My wife, two suns and I booked sailing mare for a 6 hr sailing from Cancun to isla Mujeres. It was perfect. We paid around U$500.00 for a 6hr sail. They stopped I nice places for we dive, wait the time that we needed, offered fruits and beverages, etc. all perfect. Why book a general sail company, sharing the both with dozen, listening load Mexican music if you can have a private, operated by gentleman?

Visited February 2014
1 Thank gustavoVL
Clive, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Personalized, Private sailing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Incredible day of sailing. Luis and Julio took great care of us. Transportation was provided from our hotel and back. The Marina the boat is based is really nice and clean. The boat is fantastic. Big enough but not too big. We sailed to Isla Mujures for lunch and back. We also stopped for some snorkeling. The weather was very nice the day we sailed which made it a perfect day.

I'd recommend this trip to anyone looking for private sailing time. My wife and I loved being able to be alone on the boat and being able to decide how the day would go.

Thank you, Captain Luis and Julio!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Dean G
Chicago, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

A great day of sailing. My girlfriend and I went out on the 40 ft. Xanadu with Captain Luis and Julio. Both were a lot of fun and knew exactly where to go for snorkeling, swimming, sailing experiences that blew the other Cancun to Isla Mujeres companies out of the water.

Some storms threatened the end of the sailing trip but Captain Luis did a great job of navigating the storms and keeping us in the sun/dry.

Sailing Mare had a driver pick us up and return us to our hotel in a luxury vehicle and provides beer/food on the boat or will dock in Isla Mujeres for lunch. They took us any place we wanted to go and I highly recommend sailing with Sailing Mare.

Visited November 2013.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank hsak21
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Best part of our vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

My girlfriend and I went on girls trip and met two other girls doing the same. We rented the sailboat together and had an absolutely amazing time! Luis and Julio were so nice and went above and beyond to take care of us and to customize the trip to our exact wants and needs. They knew the ins and outs of the area and took us to absolutely beautiful locations. In addition to having an amazing time, they were very reasonably priced. If you have the opportunity to book this, don't hesitate! It is totally worth it, and you will have a wonderful experience!

Visited September 2013