“Nice Dinner but Overpriced”
Review of Sedona Grill

Sedona Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sedona Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 1,062 Restaurants in Cancun
Price range: US$500 - US$500
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: adentro del hotel JW Marriott Cancun
Description: Enjoy the wonderful sea view and live the experience you always dreamed. Where you can find a wide variety of dishes from the kitchen of the southwestern United States. Our ambience and elegance they will live a full dining experience.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I guess you have to expect high prices in a resort of this quality but paying more for a dinner in Mexico than in the US is still hard to take. Quality and presentation of food was excellent. Portions small. $10+ glass of wine was probably less than 3 ounces.

There were only 3 tables eating in entire restaurant so expected the great service we received.

1  Thank GGGKalamazoo

Reviewed 19 November 2013

The breakfast buffet at the Sedona Grill is wonderful. Cannot say enough about it. The brilliant thing about this buffet is that it runs from 6-11am. So if you're an early riser, or have an early excursion to go to, you can eat with plenty of time to spare. Or if you choose to sleep in, you can still eat at 10:30. They had a wonderful variety of both breakfast food and lunch food every morning. I ate at this buffet four mornings in a row and each time it was exceptional. It's pricey ($25pp) but for a treat, it is definitely worth it.

1  Thank jersey_li
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The service was most memorable and the food was great. Our server Victor was always one step a head. I brought back a soup from the buffet, sat down and before I even realized I needed a soup spoon- Victor was at our table presenting one to me. I have never experienced this type of service- where the server really takes pride in the work he does. Thanks Victor for making my breakfasts at the JW both memorable and so enjoyable! Thanks for the ice coffees!

1  Thank SparkyCat_13
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Not only is the breakfast buffet at Sedona great and very varied, with excellent service to boot, but dinner is equally good. The house bread is unlike any of the other breads we have tasted-they come shaped like muffins, and one has melted cheese on top. I had the sweet corn bisque and sweet potato cocoon. Bisque was good, but too sweet. I liked the cocoon- it was a unique and tasty main course. My dad had the black bean soup, which, in my opinion, is better than the sweet corn bisque. We also ordered the rack of lamb, which was pretty average. Overall, the food was delicious, but not too extraordinary or exceptional.

Shoutout to Gabriel! He was our waiter for dinner, and the next morning at breakfast, he insisted on carrying our plates. It was really nice of him to do that.

Sedona has a better breakfast than dinner, but it is definitely suitable for all meals.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I absolutely loved this hotel and its premises. The grounds were beautiful. There were a few drawbacks but overall a great stay. The only drawback I could think of is that if you are looking to party, you may want to consider staying closer up north since this hotel requires a short bus ride uptown to the center. I went with my boyfriend and we actually proffered being away from the craziness and busy streets. The buses were a short walk away, in front of the hotel. We booked it directly through Marriott;s website during Spring break season and we were surprised to see a deal with included buffet breakfast. The hotel offers shuttle pick up from the airport for an extra fee which was very convenient. We normally book inclusive hotels in Cancun but they were way overpriced during this high season, so we opted for the Marriott which we did not regret in the end,