We enjoyed our stay at Royal Cancun overall. Our initial impression was that it was a bit outdated, but its charm came out over the week. We stayed in 1436 and loved our unit. However, if we had a unit that either faced the lagoon or faced the pool, we may have a very different review (very negative). They only give beach-side rooms to their members, but 1416, 1426, and 1436 are on the end unit and have a direct view of the ocean and beach, so we were very happy. There is no surf here, just calm water, which was great for floating and wading. There is not much beach walking, only a quarter mile in either direction before you have to stop or it starts to get sketchy. The best part of the beach was the dock that goes out deep enough to dive off.
Some of the best features were the free snorkeling equipment, sports equipment, and free sail boats, that was very cool. It was small, so we never had to rush for prime beach chairs, and we were there for Spring Break. We also liked that the clientele seemed to be more Mexican families, which is great to avoid the obnoxious American families yelling at their kids or complaining all day about something, well at least we couldn't understand them. Happy hour is really cheap, which made it nice to end the beach day with a margarita or drink, and the beach waitresses were very sweet and always checked on us.
The ferry to Isla Mujeres (if you haven't gone for the day, then you are missing real Mexico) leaves a short walk away and if you want to stay for dinner, you can take the Puerto Juarez ferry home (last one at midnight). If you go to Isla- rent a golf cart, eat breakfast at Mango Cafe, spend the day at Zama Beach Club, do a tour of the island (don't be afraid to take back roads, the people are very nice), drop the golf cart off at 5pm, get a drink on North Beach at the place with the swings and second story patio with the colorful ratan chairs, do some street shopping, get appetizers at Comono on the roof, and then have dinner at Olivia (call several days before for reservations, ask for courtyard)...finally e-mail and thank us for the recommendation because this will be one of the better days of your trip, ha ha.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Cancun(R) All-Suites Resort has breathtaking views, friendly staff and a beautiful beach surrounded by palm trees make this a perfect place for a getaway with the family. The Royal Cancun(R) is located on a privileged beach surrounded by beauty, turquoise colors and a relaxing atmosphere. Mellow down with the sound of palm trees moving with the ocean breeze and have a taste of the Old Mexico and our revered family traditions. Enjoy our fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TravelUp, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- International Hotel Cancun
- Club International Cancun
- International Resort Cancun
- International Club Cancun