US$360
US$537
US$450
Priceline
2,699 results
All reviewspalapa restaurantsports desktime sharefull kitchenla trattoriamurphy bedhacienda sisalfree shuttlethomas moorecaptain's covecalm watersall inclusive packageroom cardpersonal conciergetennis courtsbedroom villabig waves
Reviewed 8 May 2012

After staying here in 2010, I purchased a "C" unit....2 story, 2 bed & 2 bath! Although this resort is the oldest, it is more quiet and laid back, which is exactly what I was looking for! Don't get me wrong...you can still enjoy yourself...but if you REALLY want to party...go to one of the "other" associated resorts!

Prices at the restaurant are a little high, but the food is very good and the location is very convenient!

Security is very good and the cleanliness is top-notch!! ENJOY!!

Room Tip: Although my "balcony" faces the Lagoon......it's still a nice view and I love to people watch!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AudreyBrooksvilleFL
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Tropical setting with beach front B unit, friendly staff, homey feeling, near all things to do, on the bay, great for boating of every kind, best massage i had at any Royal Resort. No pressure concierge and host; the resort sells itself.

Room Tip: Beach front.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glenn T
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My great experience started when I began researching Cancun for my family vacation. I contacted Royal Resorts inquiring about the Royal Sands. I was so lucky to have had the pleasure to work with Sigfried. After listening to my vacation needs he suggested that I try The Royal Cancun hotel out of all of their family of resorts. He proved to be amazing even up to 3 days before arriving.

The hotel is beautiful it is small but perfect for what we wanted. The staff was great and they accomodated our request to have my Brother and his family's room close to us.

The hotel was immaculately maintained. Our room faced the pool bar and restaurant and every morning you would shee the hotel staff working on the landscape and scrubbing the pool.

The Bar staff was great especially Angel, Manuel, and Patricia.

The little market is perfect for your immediate needs but if your stay is longer than a couple of days it's nice to venture out to WalMart

Our concierge Lloyd was great and always willing to help.

Just a side note....My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary and went to Peter's to celebrate. It was a little gem of a restaurant I found (thanks to tripadvisor) approximately 10 mins by cab from the hotel. It was perfect! Quaint with delicious food and Chef Peter came out to take our drink order.

This experience at The Royal Cancun was top notch. My entire family loved it! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing vacation, where the only real decisions are "where shall we start at the pool or the beach and what should we drink and eat today?"

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniela P
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We tried to do Mexico in comfort, but on a reasonable budget and we struck gold with Royal Cancun. This hotel is excellent value. We had a 2 room villa over NYE which was a great price, something like 200 for 3 nights (booked 10 months previous).

We had a full kitchen which helped to make the overall stay cheaper AS LONG AS you shop in the supermarket in Cancun town, NOT in the on site supermarket which is extortionate.

Happy Hour is another bargain fest, lounge round the pool with half price beers from 4-6.

A free bus runs every 3 minutes up to coco Bongos and the other night spots if that's what you are after, you are also 10 mins on same bus from the main strip of Cancun's beach which is amazing! There is a smaller beach at the hotel that over looks Isla Mujeres, but this is nothing compared to the main beach.

The staff are friendly, the aircon is plentiful, the rooms are spotless, service a bit slow in the restaurant, but all in all i would stay again if in town. Perfect for families i think.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed here two couples just for One night to go on a night excursion so we did not have to go back home, price was great for this specific weekend so we booked it easily sleeps 5 if not more, great cooking facilities(which we did not use) Its mini market was reasonable prices for snacks and beers, its restaurants were a little pricy if you are staying a long term you should do your own cooking.
Ower all we enjoyed the room and its location right next to excursion we were taking for that night.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are better easy access to pool and beach, try not to get the rooms by the pool that they do Time Share presentations and it is mega loud on the speakers and the guy on the mic thinks he can convince you to buy timeshare by screaming silly stuff, so if you party at night this is deffinately not your type room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends