We have been coming to the royal cancun, formally VCI for years as my in laws have had a time share since it opened. I did experience some of its greatness before all inclusive resorts. It still has a beautiful landscape although like the rest of cancun it is a little tired. We are a family of three, two adults and a child. What was once a family spot is more of a retirement place of relaxation or large family gathering. I think it can be a fun spot for large families or persons that have been traveling here for years and relax in familiar surroundings. To get any kind of value you need to have 6 to 8 people and cook. I love these kind of vacations but I call them camping trps.
For us the place was challenging. They didn't offer any of the posted children's activities. We would show up and they would be canceled. My daughter never complained, even when a piñata was brought out, then packed away because she was the only child. The beach is tranquil but without any action. We rented a car and went away snorkeling, fishing, surfing, etc. we did not hang out at the resort like we do at all inclusives.
The food s the same as 12 years ago...
It is expensive compared to all inclusive resorts. There is NO wifi. We have a week signal that kicks us out every 2 to 3 minutes.
In short. Feel bad for the people that purchased Orlando motel accommodations and send your money elsewhere. We wont be back. The service fee, similar to condo fees, but at gangster prices are more then a persons holiday at an all inclusive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Cancun(R) All-Suites Resort has breathtaking views, friendly staff and a beautiful beach surrounded by palm trees make this a perfect place for a getaway with the family. The Royal Cancun(R) is located on a privileged beach surrounded by beauty, turquoise colors and a relaxing atmosphere. Mellow down with the sound of palm trees moving with the ocean breeze and have a taste of the Old Mexico and our revered family traditions. Enjoy our fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- International Hotel Cancun
- Club International Cancun
- International Resort Cancun
- International Club Cancun