“Hope to return soon”

The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort
Ranked #27 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My spouse and I stayed at The Royal Cancun the week of October 5 on an exchange of our home resort through Interval International. The resort had just recently been refurbished prior to our arrival. We had a two bedroom, two bath unit with an ocean view. The room was very clean, with comfortable furniture and king size bed in the upstairs bedroom. The grounds are spotless, with beautiful landscaping. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Being that this is a timeshare unit, you get the obligatory visit with your concierge who will try to entice you into a sales presentation tour. We declined the offer and did not have any undue pressure to change our minds. This resort is at the top of the hotel zone, so is not a party resort. The Royal resorts do offer free shuttle service between their properties. We visited the Royal Islander to participate in sea turtle release and to enjoy karaoke night on Sunday and Thursday. The pirate ships and other party boats pass in front of The Royal Cancun nightly. We enjoyed seeing the boats and hearing the music from our deck as we partied along. The resort also has an on premise market with reasonable prices. If you want to go to Walmart or travel downtown, public transportation is easy and convenient, with a bus stop near the resort entrance. We highly recommend this resort if you are looking for a relaxing stay.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with children, go for poolside. Otherwise, ask for ocean view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gm10pop
Write a ReviewReviews (2,467)

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We left the husbands home and the three Amigas visited Cancun for the first time. We stayed at the Royal Cancun and had the best time of our lives.
On our arrival, we were greeted like family, and immediately I had a mishap. My new Royal family took complete control, and in no time my very serious problem was solved without an extra grey hair on my head. Thank you Marina, Jerimias, Luis and all the staff for taking care of me.
This resort is beautiful, it's not one of those high rise, same as the hotel next door looking resort. It is right on the beach. Our room overlooked the beach and the ocean, and was immaculate. Thank you Candelorio. The whole resort was immaculate and the beautiful gardens and grounds were impeccable, and the pools were perfect. We ate at the restaurant which is at the edge of the beach many times, where the service is superb. Guilly, Fernando, and Victor made us feel like royalty. There was also plenty of security and we felt safe at all times.

I am rating this resort 5 stars, though I do have one complaint... The wifi. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 4times
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My sister and I have been coming to 'VCI', now known as Royal Can Cun, for over 30 years. We bought our villa during construction and look forward to our two weeks here. The staff are the best, villa beautiful altho we liked the old decor better, grounds are spectacular, location ideal, easy to get to town or center of Can Cun. We take advantage of the shuttle service offered to us and visit the other Royals. We have formed friendships with others who own at the same time and it is reunion time. Our concierge this year was not the best, but he was the only fly in the ointment. It will not stop us from returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucille L
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The weather was not great but The Royal Cancun was its normal warm and friendly self. We have been coming here annually for the past 7 years and the resort does not change the things that make it great. The landscaping is wonderful, the staff is friendly and the accommodations are timeless.

We had three guests this year and we all loved the resort. Even the little things were done right. When I walked to my car in the rain, a bellman gave me an umbrella. The front desk personnel are very knowledgeable and the resort services - snorkeling equipment, sailboats, tennis and bikes were all well maintained.

I hate the high-rise hotels and this isn't one of them.
This is a great family resort but also a great place for friends and couples alike.

Room Tip: Most rooms have some view of the Caribbean and Isla. Try to avoid rooms with only courtyard views. V...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dmount2001
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We returned for a second visit because our kids enjoyed this location so much. Staff is super friendly, we didn't get the best concierge this time but that wasn't the reason for coming back here. Housekeeping was great and having a full kitchen was great as well. Leisurely get up have a light bite and some coffee in our kitchen and then head out for the day. Not too close to anything but that us what the buses are for and the shuttle to sister resorts was convenient as well.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mm8426
Reviewed 5 November 2013

To be honest when I arrived I was underwhelmed. Not much around the Royal Cancun as you are driving there, the driveway is nice but not spectacular, and the lobby is okay. What I think I forgot for a moment was that I was there for rest and relaxation and for my family to have a phenomenal time. The Royal Cancun delivered on all of that.

Though this is not a new resort and the room style is a little outdated, you will not find a cleaner place to stay. Maid service every day but Sundays. Every day I would see the room staff cleaning not only the rooms but washing the sliding glass door windows inside and out. We had a small leak in our dish washer and they actually took it out and put in a new one so we would not be inconvenienced.

The level of service from everyone was amazing. Grecia, our Concierge was amazing. My Grandaughter fell in love with the turtle pond and Grecia brought turtle food in from the store to give to my Grandaughter. This was not because she wanted us to buy something but because she was just a wonderful person who cared about her guests. The young lady who works with people who want to paint pottery managed to make my 2 year old Grandaughter's iguana that she had painted look like it was done by someone much older though she did not have to. There were many others whose names I do not remember, but I can honestly say there was not a single person in the 11 days we were there that was not smiling and trying to make our stay amazing.

The only drawback to the resort is that there is nothing close to the resort. The good news is the bus stop is literally right in front of the resort so you can get virtually anywhere for under a dollar a person.

This was not the vacation I expected or thought I wanted, until I got there and now I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Suntraveler13
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at the Royal Cancun with four other friends the last week of October to do some scuba diving in Cancun. The facilities and rooms are very well maintained and beautiful. We were given a two bedroom unit directly overlooking the beach (2nd and 3rd floor). It was across the street from Scuba Cancun and a short walk to the ferry to Isla Mujeres which made it convenient. A bus or taxi was easy enough to catch right outside to venture out to see what the rest of the area has to offer. This was the off season, so the place was almost empty. There seemed to be a combination of older folks (50+ which I happen to be) and families as opposed to being a place where singles would go. There's nothing wrong with that, and we kind of expected it from reading other reviews. I've stayed at the Royal Hacienda, so I knew the policy for having to pay to use the workout facilities. This part bothered me a little because I workout daily but didn't necessarily feel like their facilities were worth paying extra for. This was a timeshare exchange, and I'm not used to paying to use a small gym with limited weights/equipment. The only other negative that I could add is that a couple of the waiters at the La Palapa were not exceedingly friendly or helpful at times. This could have been because we already had drinks with us when we were seated. We also had a waiter tell us a dish included soup/salad bar that night, but once we started eating he said we would have to pay extra (not a big deal, just a little aggravating). I will say that the food there was very good. The fish tacos and fajitas seemed to be our favorite dishes. The rest of the staff at the resort were all very polite and helpful. I would stay here again, and I would recommend this place to others, especially to those not looking for a lot of onsite nightlife.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends