We had a girls' long weekend at the Royal Cancun, booked as a vacation package through American Airlines. We would definitely visit this property again. The unit was spacious and clean, and the staff was very nice. Here are some particulars:
Unit: clean & spacious, and made up daily except for Sunday. The floor was very slippery when wet. The balcony had 2 chaise loungers and an end table. There's room enough to bring a couple more chairs out there, but not 6 (the capacity of our suite). Plenty of hangers and storage for personal items. The kitchen is truly a full kitchen with oven/range, full-size fridge, microwave, coffee maker, blender, pots & pans, utensils, pitcher, ice cube trays & bin (be sure to start making ice right away if you want it, because there are no ice machines that we noticed). Automatic dishwasher detergent & bar soap are provided. They DO NOT provide shampoo/conditioner/lotion, dish soap, paper towels, or plastic cups. Definitely go through the inventory sheet they provide at check-in. There were several items missing from our unit and we would have been charged for them otherwise.
Service: very friendly. They carted our groceries up for us after a trip to Wal-Mart, and there's a mini-mart on site for incidentals. The food at the pool bar is good, and you can bring drinks down from your room as long as they're not in glass containers…which you might want to plan to do, as the consensus was that they were watering down their liquor. We booked one outing through the concierge for a sunset sail. She booked us on a powerboat instead. Fortunately, the travel agency rep showed us a picture of the boat and we caught & rectified the mistake without too much difficulty.
Pool: The pools are nice and have chromotherapy, but there's no hot tub. The pools & pool bars close at 10 p.m. We appreciated the peace & quiet because we had some early-morning excursions to get up for. Towel pick-up and return is a bit inconvenient. Although the hotel has a "children's pool" there are kids everywhere, including yowling babies & little kids jumping in with a splash at the swim-up bar. If kids don't have to be at the children's pool, maybe it would make more sense to just have one of the pool areas designated as a quiet area instead.
Miscellaneous: the resort is on a nice beach with calm, warm water and plenty of palapas. The wifi was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Cancun(R) All-Suites Resort has breathtaking views, friendly staff and a beautiful beach surrounded by palm trees make this a perfect place for a getaway with the family. The Royal Cancun(R) is located on a privileged beach surrounded by beauty, turquoise colors and a relaxing atmosphere. Mellow down with the sound of palm trees moving with the ocean breeze and have a taste of the Old Mexico and our revered family traditions. Enjoy our fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- International Hotel Cancun
- Club International Cancun
- International Resort Cancun
- International Club Cancun