“Luxurious Resort on Calm, Quiet Beach”

The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort
Ranked #27 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We loved this resort and it's location. The grounds were beautiful and lush, the rooms were very nice and clean, and the beach was calm and perfect for swimming. We ate at the beachfront palapa restaurant several times, and the food and service were always good, with beautiful views. We had a 2 bedroom unit on the top floor facing the lagoon. It was perfect! It's a full service resort with a spa, swim up bar, gym, convenience store, tennis courts, etc. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank unflappablegrace
There are newer reviews for The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I will not come back.
Good for families with kids because its quite.
Food is ok not great.
Front service--> not good at all, ATTITUDE ATTITUDE ATTITUDE and I hate ppl w attitude.
(We were supposed to have a 2 bed with 2 bath(this one is like a loft). I mean, thats what we reserved. Instead, we got the 2 bed with 1 bath- no loft)
One thing I hate is when ppl LIES.
They had the rooms but didnnt wanna give cuz it was only me, my husband, and my 3yr old daughter.
We got the all-inclusive deal, we got tp hotel 2-3 hrs before the check in time.
I mean, seriously, do any of you wanna pay the food if you wanna drink/eat because you were there a little early?
I am not a greedy person. I like to eat good food at a good atmosphere.
When we went to eat our first meal, the waiter/host(I don't even know what he was cuz he sat us down and nothing else. No menu nothing. We were just sitting there like, HELLO??? WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO???
My hub finally asked the other guy to get us a menu then a guy came to help. Then there was a another change of person and he was a great server.
OK, today was the lobster night so we were a bit excited, who wouldn't?
so we went to the restaurant and ordered the lobsters for me n hub. He said my daughter couldn't habe it. HMMMM
ok.. so ordered her a kids meal.
When I got mine, I could tell it was overcooked cuz it was BURNT. I tried to cut it and I couldn't. Seriously, it was like I was cutting a rubber. I touched it and it was cold too. I AM NOT LYING. IT WAS COLD N OVERCOOKED. I called the waiter and told him it was cold, he took it WITHOUT a word. I was HUMILIATED and I've NEVER experienced that in my life.
I have 2 more days to spend and I'm now worried cuz I don't even wanna go near that place.
Ive tipping every single person here even it's all included. I didn't tip that guy. I feel bad I didn't tip him but I don't think he deserve it.
Anyways, this hotel made me feel like a 2nd citizen from the moment we cked in.
You give the service when you promised to. That means, do not get the consumers confused by giving the rooms they werent promised.
I came here to enjoy my vacation not to feel unwelcomed. AND I AM NOT to be treated like this.
Aghhhhhh! I am so pissed!
Seriously, you can always get better amenities in cancun than this. Y'all should work harder if you want ppl to come back.
(Y'all, this is my first time ever writing a review. I'm a pretty laid back person. I dont do this cuz I am lazy to do this kinda review. This means I am really upset! Sorry.. im doing this through my cell phone, too lazy to correct the spells n grammar.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank halcyon77
Cristóbal G, Online Community Administrator. at The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post about our resort.

We always strive to provide the highest satisfaction levels and we regret that this was not the case on this occasion. Rest assured that your comments are being shared with the departments involved so that they may improve service. Please accept a sincere apology.

We received a different request from your travel agency regarding your reservation and unit size. We are sure that you understand that this is out of our control as you were duly informed at front desk. However, this is no reason for you to receive bad service. We are taking steps to ensure that this won't be experienced again by any of our customers.

Our restaurants are all certified as “Distintivo H” establishments. The Mexican Ministry of Tourism and Mexican Ministry of Health award this prestigious certification to restaurants that fulfill the rigorous standards of food storage and preparation established by Mexican code NMX-F605 NORMEX 2004. The aforementioned code complies with the highest quality and health standards in the world.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your dining experience and that you felt that it was below par. Your feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed with restaurant staff so that they can address service issues.

We hope to be able to host you again during your next Mexican Caribbean vacation.

Warm regards.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The place was cleaner than Disneyland and each and every worker had a smile and was happy to help you with any question. We had a Caribbean Sea View, bottom floor just steps to the white sand that was combed perfectly each morning. The food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) was very good, no problems with drinking the water or eating salad as the treat their water onsite. The recently added an Italian Resturant with a huge selection of wine that great. They have a onsite convenience store that had everything you would need. There is a swim up bar with good drinks fun bartenders. The pool area was relaxing compared to another resort with loud music and lots if guests. This Royal Resorts (there are several of them in and around Cancun) recently changed to all inclusive, we booked a long time ago so we were not under that obligation. The resort is within walking distance to the Ultramar Ferry to Isla Mujeres, which we had a great time at (we booked a golf cart for the day and explored the island). If we go back to Cancun we will stay at the Royal Cancun.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jack_Minter
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is the best deal in Cancun. We got a 2 bedroom villa with full kitchen, living room, beach front balcony, and 2 bedrooms for a great price. Plus, the all inclusive deal is worth it. There's a fancy Italian restaurant here that is spectacular. All the staff at this resort is very helpful and they will never say no. The pool and beach are perfect. It's not rowdy or quiet. It's exactly the right type of crowd and noise level to relax and meet new people. We're definitely going to be back!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank rmd0985
Reviewed 21 May 2014

All was good we had a room in 2nd floor in front of pool, no problem with pool noise. Excellent location. We cooked our food. Very good service. Very cean renovated room. Other resorts are just too big, but it is great to go to the beach or to the entrance with a short walk. We´d come back for sure. Tourist office and car rental service was really helpful. It was our first time in Cancún and we really feel we had a great blessing of staying here, we had the chance to visit other bigger resorts but the Royal just has the right size for us, we took tours, we went on bus to the town to buy at the supermarket, or at the nice shoping malls and club areas at night, we took tours to Chichen Itza, Xcaret, and drove to Playa and Kantunchi cenote, went by ourselves to isla Mujeres, the hotel was perfect for all these.

Room Tip: I think the villas with view to south (road, lagoon) are the least atractive. The view to the North...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had to cancel my original trip to Dreams Cancun due to getting ill. After I recovered a month later I decided to treat myself to The Royal in Cancun. This hotel is fairly new and/or updated. Rooms were exceptional and I never found a need to leave the resort. The balconies are all ocean view, and the staff is wonderful. The only thing that I did not like is that when I got there they offered us a "free" breakfast at an All Inclusive resort?!? It ended u being a ploy for timeshares so I got about 20 steps before figuring it out. I recommend the jet ski/boat and snorkeling it was incredible.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theodore B
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had a girls' long weekend at the Royal Cancun, booked as a vacation package through American Airlines. We would definitely visit this property again. The unit was spacious and clean, and the staff was very nice. Here are some particulars:

Unit: clean & spacious, and made up daily except for Sunday. The floor was very slippery when wet. The balcony had 2 chaise loungers and an end table. There's room enough to bring a couple more chairs out there, but not 6 (the capacity of our suite). Plenty of hangers and storage for personal items. The kitchen is truly a full kitchen with oven/range, full-size fridge, microwave, coffee maker, blender, pots & pans, utensils, pitcher, ice cube trays & bin (be sure to start making ice right away if you want it, because there are no ice machines that we noticed). Automatic dishwasher detergent & bar soap are provided. They DO NOT provide shampoo/conditioner/lotion, dish soap, paper towels, or plastic cups. Definitely go through the inventory sheet they provide at check-in. There were several items missing from our unit and we would have been charged for them otherwise.

Service: very friendly. They carted our groceries up for us after a trip to Wal-Mart, and there's a mini-mart on site for incidentals. The food at the pool bar is good, and you can bring drinks down from your room as long as they're not in glass containers…which you might want to plan to do, as the consensus was that they were watering down their liquor. We booked one outing through the concierge for a sunset sail. She booked us on a powerboat instead. Fortunately, the travel agency rep showed us a picture of the boat and we caught & rectified the mistake without too much difficulty.

Pool: The pools are nice and have chromotherapy, but there's no hot tub. The pools & pool bars close at 10 p.m. We appreciated the peace & quiet because we had some early-morning excursions to get up for. Towel pick-up and return is a bit inconvenient. Although the hotel has a "children's pool" there are kids everywhere, including yowling babies & little kids jumping in with a splash at the swim-up bar. If kids don't have to be at the children's pool, maybe it would make more sense to just have one of the pool areas designated as a quiet area instead.

Miscellaneous: the resort is on a nice beach with calm, warm water and plenty of palapas. The wifi was good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends