We recently returned from our stay at the All Suites. We are a familly of four so the opportunity of having 2x bedrooms and pull out bed was a real plus. Our kids are 1.5 and 4 so it does not work for us having them sleep in the same room right now.
I had pre arranged for transfers to the hotel through Cancun Shuttle and was disappointed that the "very visible" representative was not so and that our pre-booked car with child seat was not ready upon our arrival.
When we finally arrived, the checking in process was slow. The desk felt understaffed and there was no feeling of there being a desire to get people into their rooms quickly.
Our room however was phenominal. I have stayed in a number of 5 star accommodations and this room blew them away. The view stretching out over the sea was like a postcard and thoughts of the journey and check in process vanished quickly.
For the entire stay, the rooms was cleaned and replenished and was always spotless.
We have paid for all inclusive that gave us access to sister hotel facilities. However with such young kids, we did not want to venture too far as the youngest still requires a mid day nap and both kids have a good sleep routine that we did not want to disturb. The affect of this however was that we constrained ourselves to using just this hotels facilities. There are two principal places to eat, La Palapa and an Italian place that we used just the once. The adult choices okay, but staying longer than a week, the menu repeated. A couple of things we have left for feedback however; They must consider having baskets of fresh fruit that can be taken away. We eat a lot of fruit and it was odd not being able to request a banana or apple without it being chopped up and put on a plate - I just want an apple to bite into thanks ! In the end, we ventured out to a local supermarket and bought fresh fruit.
Another item was the kids menu was very limited and predominantly deep fried.
We have suggested simply offering child sized portions of the adult menu, e.g. fajitas etc
I'm sure I have read that "all inclusive" is a new offering for this hotel so I am reluctant to bash it up !
There are two pools and one half of one of the pools is designated for kids, again there is scope to develop it a little so it is more apparent it is for kids versus it being a soft rule you read on your map. I would suggest that the bar at the kids pool is slicker than the one adjacent to La Palapa. We often found ourselves being ignored / overlooked and would eventually move to the other bar for drinks.
Another couple of positives were that room service and the daily stocking of the minibar/fridge was all part of the AI which I find is somewhat rare but appreciated.
Okay - Pirate ships... Our kids loved watching them go out at around 1900 each night. And yes there was the odd night that you could hear the distant thump of cannons and muffled music, but it was absolutely fine.
The beach is nice and once again well maintained and groomed. The water is shallow fr quite some ways so you can wade out for quite some distance.
Whether it was time of Year, we had no problems with sun beds and canopys. I was pleased to see that there were notices warning people who attempted to reserve beds and not use them, that they faced having their stuff removed. As mentioned though, there was no issue for us.
The general grounds again are immaculate. A word of caution thought when moving around when there has been rain - The tiled floors to the rooms are treacherous if you walk at anythin above snails pace. Not alot you can do about it, you just gotta chill out and take your time. A few days in and you knew how to get about without finding yourself up-ended.
Overall, we totally enjoyed ourselves. The last time we can take a holiuday outside of the dreaded school holidays. I would strongly recommend this place to families with perhaps kids a little older than ours. That ways you can rally maximise the use of the sister hotels with wider catering choice etc.. As a stand-alone experience, there are some hopefully minor tweaks that could be made that would boost the ratings from us. I would consider returning in the future provided I could perhaps get the exact same room as it was just awesome. I believe these are offered as timeshares and I would be interested inn the one we stayed in, it was that good !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Cancun(R) All-Suites Resort has breathtaking views, friendly staff and a beautiful beach surrounded by palm trees make this a perfect place for a getaway with the family. The Royal Cancun(R) is located on a privileged beach surrounded by beauty, turquoise colors and a relaxing atmosphere. Mellow down with the sound of palm trees moving with the ocean breeze and have a taste of the Old Mexico and our revered family traditions. Enjoy our fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- International Hotel Cancun
- Club International Cancun
- International Resort Cancun
- International Club Cancun