“Best All Inclusive!”

Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort
Ranked #27 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 9 December 2012

My wife and I have traveled to many all inclusives around the world and this is the first one we found that lived up to the reviews of food and service. We love smaller venues that offer a more intimate experience. The Sandos staff are some of the most customer oriented staff we have ever experienced. From the activity guys on the beach and pool to the waiters and bartenders, they make you feel special and comfortable. The gourmet food experience is one not to miss. We know we will defintely be going back very soon!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sean G
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Sandos Cancún. We are very glad to know that we could exceed your expectations. All of our staff is truly dedicated to the guest satisfaction in order to make you live a real Luxury Experience at our Resort.

We hope to welcome you back again at Sandos for another special and comfortable time with us.

Director

Write a ReviewReviews (4,362)

Reviewed 8 December 2012

We spent Thanksgiving week at this hotel and had a very nice relaxing vacation. The staff is very helpful, the food is great in all three restaurants, the gym is nice, the spa is awesome and the beach and the pools are amazing! We took two day trips to Chichen Itza and Tulum/ Xel-ha and arranging the transport was done by hotel staff, also the shuttle to the airport. We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending such a special celebration as it is Thanksgiving Day with us. I am very glad to know that you really enjoyed your holidays at Sandos, complimented with day tours to archeological places near Cancún.

It is an honor to be recommended by our guests, we truly appreciate it and we hope to welcome you back again at Sandos in a near future.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

This is my 7th trip to Mexico, first to Sandos. We booked based on the trip advisor reviews, and fantastic deal we got through ebates and luxury link.com. We recently married and were looking for a lazy and relaxing beach experience. We were not disappointed!

Some tips:
-this place builds its reputation on service. The staff is happy to talk it up, and is generally warm, welcoming, and has a great eye for detail. We really enjoyed Jacob, Arturo, Casanova, and Irving's special attention to detail.
-spa is overpriced, but always running specials. We enjoyed a couples massage (80 mins, $175 USD for a 2-1 special). Very good massage
-spa let us enjoy "hydrotherapy" (jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, etc) for free daily. This really made our trip!
-food is very good, with a special attention to detail. I am a vegetarian, and they were always making me whatever I wanted. However, a few times things came out with meat. My no veggie husband was very pleased with the quality of the meat and seafood
-come in between the holidays!! The resort was ~25% full in the first week of December, but runs at 100% during thanksgiving and Christmas. Enjoy less people during these In between weeks!!
-tip for great service. It's just a few dollars/pesos, but it shows respect and appreciation for great service
-we booked the sandos suite on the penthouse floor (8). This provided us a huge room (1.5 baths) and private balcony. We were also granted access to the premium bar on the 6th floor, which included higher shelf alcohol (Johnny walked Black, balantines, Havana Ckub, etc)
- wifi is FREE throughout the hotel!! We got decent access by the pool, lobby, and 6th floor bar. The room picked up the signal but would not connect on any of our 4 wifi devices. There was a room hookup. Note for Americans -- Netflix added mexico in September 2012. This means you can watch SOME movies, but sorting by language is difficult and a pain, but better than paying $6 pay per view. TV is75% spanish
-there are some families here with infants. There is a kids club, but it is empty (I think this is because we are here in an off week)
- this is not a party hotel. We see that as a pro, but you may feel differently
-pools are in shade by 1pm. This is great for not getting sunburnt. Plenty of sun on the beach
-there is an entertainment team that has many events for the willing
-best chips and guac

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Calliopea

Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your wedding, it is always pleasure to host honeymooners to make them have a memorable time at Sandos.

It is a true pleasure to know that we could exceed your expectations and you had the luxurious and relaxing honeymoon you wanted. I am very glad that you could take advantage of our daily promotions at Spa del Mar, the perfect place to find the total relaxation.

Do not hesitate to come back to Sandos Cancún in a near future for an anniversary celebration this time, or just a romantic getaway.

Warm regards!

Reviewed 6 December 2012

i am a frequent flyer... this is the few hotels that i can say is really good in everything...

I congratulate them for all services..i really enjoyed the facilities and the gym... the reataurant was great...

well done...!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank winebistromarket
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Please note that this was my first trip to Cancun. It was also my first all-inclusive.
We are a family of 3. We were at Sandos from Black Friday until the next Friday. We booked a pretty nice deal and read reviews ahead of time and decided that Sandos was going to give us the "secluded but desolate" experience we wanted for our relaxing anniversary vacation.
The outside of the resort doesn't appear to be much, but once inside it's gorgeous and modern. I'm told all the resorts are at the same standard but I was very pleased. Construction in the lobby began towards the end of my stay but I was never bothered or inconvenienced by it.
The front desk/lobby staff was good. Rene was professional and accomodating... Osiriz checked us in and was available to answer my questions when I had them. Various calls through my week to the front desk always proved helpful. NOTE: The only lobby bathroom is located inside Zango restaurant!!!!!!!!!!
The room was pretty nice. We had the non-upgraded rooms, I think they were called Superior? Upgrade. Do it for me. Well, do it for you. Trust me: upgrade.
The restaurant schedules caught us off-guard and confused much of the time, but I found dinner at Zango to be tastey and the service great. Zango's menu changes every day so I recommend posting yourself there to eat each night and only going to Seasons or Gaijin when Zango's is closed. Gaijin's food was standard hibachi, but their Welcome Cocktail of apple juice, Grey Goose and peach schnapps was my favorite drink that week. Season's veal and Caprese Salad were my favorites there but the rest of the menu proved underwhelming (watch out for their risotto, that squid ink STAINS! they should remove squid ink from their menu and take a bleach pen to their seats). Season's is a nice quiet place for people to go who don't really want to be around other people :D
There was a SUPERISE LOBSTER DINNER on Wednesday at Zangos. It wasn't advertised and we only heard rumors of it from other guests, but when we got there... HOO BOY! Freshly grilled lobster tails topped with Wakio sauce, ALL YOU CAN EAT! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! There's also freshly cooked big huge shrimp, tender steak, and some other stuff I didn't really pay attention to. I tasted one of the pre-cooked lobster and couldn't take another bite. DON'T pick the lobster form the bar. Just go up to the omlette station and order as many lobster tails as you want. CLEARLY the highlight of my trip, food-wise. The daily breakfast buffet is my favorite breakfast buffet of all time. Go to breakfast every day, and go early so you can sit around and eat for a long long time :D
Pools were nice for a dip but generally a waste of time. No sun makes the pools a crappy place to be, even though they are gorgeous and warmed. The hot tub wasn't warm enough, and they are not really pools to swim in as they're not very big. People just sort of tread water and drink inside the pools. Go to the beach instead.
Beach front cabbanas are AWESOME! My daughter loved playing in the sand, and various other vacationers' kids would come up to her and play with her and they were all nice and sweet. Mauricio and his red and white shirted entertainers crew were a special treat. I'm not sure what the deal is but it seems like thier job consists of having fun and making other people happy. They form games of volleyball and soccer, dance and host contests and events, and are just a treat to be around and chat with. I'm not sure when I would have, but I left feeling like I should have tipped Mauricio just for being awesome. If you go and you meet him can you please tip him for me?
Service on the beach was great. I forgot to tip Saloman (sp?). I'm not even sure what he did for me but his personality during our few exchanges made him really memorable to me and I really ached to give him money. Who knew it could be ackward to suddenly give someone money for no reason? I hope you tip him for me too ;) Oswaldo was more often our beach waiter than anybody else. Didn't make his way around as quick or often as I hoped, but the man had to cover a lot of ground. I think 2 - 3 people waited on the beach and St. Trop (deck bar/restaurant). I was happy to discover Oswaldo to be our waiter on those days.
ROOM SERVICE! We like room service! I often called for chicken and veggie soup and milk for my baby girl. We probably called 3 - 4 times every day. Truth be told: Sandos' ceviche/cebiche was BEST via room service. Maybe the long trip gives the flavor more time to meld. Hands-down my husband's highlight at Sandos and his all-time favorite ceviche.
I personally wanted to bring all my friends and family to Sandos and throw a big party and take it over and selfishly indulge over and over again. However my husband and also a friendly guest of Sandos schooled me on how much better it could be at other resorts and all-inclusives. If I may be so lucky as to snag a good deal, I'd love to come back to Sandos as it was my first Cancun experience and I'm one of attachment issues. But I think next time I'm back in Cancun I might want to have a bit better wi-fi, a warmer jacuzzi, all you can eat lobster every night, and a real nice ocean view. I loved Sandos, but it might not be for everyone.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you don't want to regret it afterwards! Get the gold bracelet!!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún, we appreciate you to share us your feedback about the Resort.

We are very glad to know that you enjoyed the Total Gourmet Experience in all of our restaurants specially on the complimentary Lobter Night which we have every week in order to delight our guests with a top notch dinner.

All of your suggestions will be taken into consideration to work in those details to make Sandos the place for everyone. We would be more than happy to welcome you back again at Sandos.

Reviewed 5 December 2012

This is my first review, and I feel terrible it has taken so long to write. We were there the week of Thanksgiving. It was my husband and I , our 2 boys( ages 7 and 9) and my parents. We all could not stop raving about it when we returned home.
Everything from the service, food, drinks, this hotel was first class in our opinion, and we love to travel. Some of the staff that went above and beyond were: Jesus, Margarita,Laura, Alfonso,Ricardo,and Mauricio. The last 4 people mentioned were part of the entertainment crew, and they were so wonderful with our boys. Everything from beach volleyball to cookie making, they literally spent hours that week making sure they were always having fun.
For the adults, the food was amazing. The breakfast buffet was beautiful and delicious. All the food was presented like a five star restaurant. The desserts were small, but you couldn't eat a large dessert anyway.
The pools and the beach were very nice. True, the hotel next door blocks the sun, but then you just move down to the beach. If I had to pick one gripe, it would be that I wish the hottub was warmer. It only had hot water coming out of one jet. I get cold easily, so I love to get in a hottub in the late afternoon. Instead, I got a hot bath in the room before dinner. My family and I would always meet in the bar for a drink before dinner. Then we would head off to Zango, Seasons, or Gaijan, all top notch food and service.
What we all agreed really was a huge bonus was the fact that it is a smaller resort. It was fast and easy to get around, and the staff could get to know you. We've been to many other mexican resorts that took forever to get to dinner etc....
Final words, we all loved Sandos and cannot wait to return!!!

2  Thank Alex S
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing the experience of your wonderful family vacations at Sandos Cancún.

We are very glad to know that you truly enjoyed of the facilities and our Total Gourmet Experience. We appreciate you to highlight our staff members who went beyond to make you live a Luxury Experience.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back with all of your family in a near future.

Warmest regards!

Reviewed 1 December 2012

My wife and I were looking forward to getting away for a few relaxing days of vacation and after reading through the reviews and ratings on TtripAdvisor booked 5 nights at the Sando's Cancun Luxury Experience Resort, ranked #2 in Cancun for luxury hotels. We did get our relaxation but calling the hotel Luxury was a stretch and I can't imagine how it was ranked #2. The staff was friendly, but there were not too many of them. Waits for coffee refills at breakfast or dinner service were not what i would describe as to drawer. Food in general was OK but again not what I would have expected from the #2 luxury hotel in a major vacation destination. There was a Japanese restaurant which really was standard fare hibachi and when they brought out "sushi" I am not certain there was any fish. The two dinner restaurants actually served the same menu (just with different platings) and in 5 nights we saw the same menu on at least two of them. Wine selections were minimal and only from some vinyard I was not familiar (the in room brochure provides a much more sophisticated set of wine offerings but they did not match the reality).

Speaking of rooms, again not even close to luxury. Our first room had a balcony but no chairs to sit on outside. It was cool in the room and the heat did not work. Also, there was no bath tub to soak in. We ended up requesting to change rooms. The new one was on the south side of the building so was not so cold and did have some warn out deck chairs for the balcony. Overall room was clean and acceptable but not even up to the standard I get at a Courtyard Marriott let alone a top luxury resort.

Lastly, the other hotel amenities...pool and tennis. The pool was lovely to look at. nicely designed but the water was frigid and thus it went almost unused. also, there was no hot tub on the property to soak in and warm up. The property has two sad and warn out tennis courts. They are the fake grass type and the astro turf at the center baseline on both is warn out, ripped up and a serious safety risk. We tried playing for a bit but had to play either in front of or behind the holes and be careful not to trip and hurt ourselves. Again, not 5 star luxury stuff.

Drinks at the bar were all basically pre-mixed. Mohito's and caipirinha's were from syrups and mixeds...nothing truly fresh made.

In the end we did have the relaxing vacation we wanted. We came in with high hopes after reading the glowing Tripadvisor reviews and seeing the #2 ranking. Sando's is an OK place if your expectations are appropriately set but if you are looking for luxury, this is not it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank DBM1
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we truly appreciate the constructive criticism as this encourages us to keep on improving our services and facilities. We are thankful with our guests that due to the great service and experience they have lived at Sandos Cancún we have such a high ranking.

I sincerely apologize if we could not reach your expectations. We are very sorry to know that maybe we could have a misunderstanding with the facilities like with the pools, we have 3 heated pools that goes from a warm temperature to the coolest one on the lowest floor of the area. In one of our pools we have in the middle of it there is an hydro massage tub which warms up the whole pool, we also have two three other hot tubs at Spa del Mar, one in the men’s locker rooms, one in the women’s side and another one on a shared area.

At the Zango Restaurant we have a wine cellar with a large variety of more than 120 labels plus the wine of the house, this wines can be served by cup or purchased by bottle. All of the drinks are prepared with top shelf liquor of recognized brands.

It would be an honor to welcome you back at Sandos to this time reach and surpass your standards and live a Luxury Experience.

Kind regards!