“A very Relaxing stay”

Ranked #28 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
New York City, New York
“A very Relaxing stay”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Sandos Luxury was our first introduction to the Sandos chain about 3 years ago and it was such a Relaxing and fun experience that we keep coming back. As far as resorts go this particular Sandos is focused on relaxation and pampering. Unlike other resorts near by that are into the party scene. If you wanna get away from the noise and relax this is the Sandos for you. The staff was always available and glad to help you with what ever was in your mind. As I said this Sandos is more about relaxing but that does not mean there is nothing to do at night. They have penthouse parties and events during the day and night but not as big as Sandos Playacar or Sandos Caracol. Also if you feel like going to a party scene it is near the main strip so you can go if you want a wilder night on the town

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (753)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I want to begin by saying that my first experience and definitely not my last in Cancun was beyond phenomenal. I have traveled to many places in the Caribbean, South America, North America and Europe and never have I felt so welcomed like I did here. As soon as we arrived to the front of the resort we were greeting by an amazing man named Eric who took our bags and greeted us with roses and champagne. My sudden thought was "Wow is this real life?" He was nothing by kind, respectful, and quite hysterical. He then walked us to the front desk where my friend and I were greeted by a wonderful gentleman by the name of Angel who was beyond nice and recommended the best spots to check out throughout our stay. The staff was incredibly attentive and respectful I couldn't believe the service we were getting. We truly felt like queens and anything we needed or were in the mood for they would make it happen. The pool bar and its entertainment was phenomenal and very fun. The food, drinks, atmosphere, and ambient was amazing. ALL of the servers from the outside pool bar were exceptional and I would give them all raises. haha Our favorite server was Christian! He was always asking us what he wanted and many times brought us random drinks and food just so we could try and we sure enjoyed every one of them. He was nothing but nice to us and I would love to come and visit just to say hello one more time. The restaurants were exquisite especially the buffet for breakfast and dinner. WOW!! best food I have ever had! They also had a Japanese restaurant that was delicious. Our chefs and servers put on an amazing show that I had never even seen in the U.S. Our servers and cooks were Arturo, Jorge, Efrain, and Manuel and boy do I recommend them?... These guys were great! Best service, great attitude, happy smles, and just looking to have a great time and share their cultures. Overall, our experience was like no other we have ever had. The next time I come back to Cancun or Playa del Carmen, Sandos will be my go to spot I won't even have to think of it twice. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice luxurious looking place to be far from the WILD spring break crowd, but enjoy with a great group of CLASSY people. The best part is that it is KID friendly! I would give this resort more than 10 diamonds! It was an A+ in my book and will keep coming back for more! My favorite part was that everyone in the resort would greet you no matter what and they always had a smile on their face no matter the day. This makes me want to come back and never leave. Attention and happiness is key and boy does SANDOS CANCUN LUXURY EXPERIENCE RESORT have it! ;-)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Paulina2400
Canton, South Dakota
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I am a travel consultant and I stayed at this property on a girls trip with my 2 girlfriends. We each had a deluxe room with full or partial ocean views and these rooms had balconies, the standard rooms don't have balconies. The rooms were decorated very nice as well as bathrooms had a great shower and jetted tub. The beds were very comfortable. I really enjoyed the seasons restaurant and the chef was very innovative with his dishes. What a great experience!! The food was simply amazing!!!! The buffet restaurant was very good and had a lot of the hot dishes on small plates, it was different and we all enjoyed the tapas feel. The beach grill served al a carte and also had a buffet line for hotdogs and burgers along with the wood fire pizza oven. Even though this resort didn't have a ton of restaurants, the menus changed and their was food everywhere it seemed.

The nightlife is the lobby bar or any parties that they have arranged that evening. They also leave a letter nightly stating what is going on the next day so you can plan the night before if you would like to take part in any activities.

The resort is adult orientated but not adults only. So if you are looking at getting married at this resort, it is great for a destination wedding. They have a beautiful rooftop terrace with oceanfront views. There was a large group at the resort for a wedding when we were there and it made the resort feel more active since there were a lot of adults and singles traveling with the group. Even though the occupancy was high, it didn't feel like it and there are a lot of pool chairs along the cascading pools and on beach. All suites get their private pool cabana. Loved it!! They had a small kids program so if you do have children that are traveling as part of your group, they would have something available for them. Even though there were a few kids there, there was by no means an abundance of kids and teen programs so this would not be a resort for them if you are looking at a family vacation.

The resort had cooking stations set up along the pool, the fish tacos and chicken and steak fajitas - excellent! Guacamole, ceviche and wood grilled pizzas and more at the beach grill! Yum! All delivered via beach butler which was an amazing experience. The service was amazing at this resort. The food was fantastic.

We had a swinging beach bed under pergolas, all arranged through the pool concierge. If your not using it, you will loose it. You cant assume to throw your towel down and that hold it, you actually have to have personal items on the cabanas on the beach, otherwise it is open for grabs to someone who will use it. If you leave and take your personal items with you then you loose it to whoever will use it. That is what the sales manager told us when we inspected this resort.

The spa experience was amazing and 2 hours of bliss!

I will go back and recommend this resort to groups, upscale travelers, girls getaways, destination weddings and honeymooners :)

Room Tip: Suites have their own private cabana with your name on it!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kristina W
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I cannot say enough about Sandos Cancun. From the moment we arrived it was 5 star service.
We arrived early (11am) so our room was not ready but they stored our luggage and sent us to the spa to shower and change. The pool was amazing with fantastic pool service by Blanca who was super attentive and very friendly. Alejandro organized our cabana and made us feel so welcome. A chef was preparing fresh tacos pool side with the freshest of guacamole and salsa....yeah Mexico! After our second Marg (made w Don Julio and Grand Marnier) a reggae band started playing pool side....Seriously, Amazing.
The beach was gorgeous....strong currents and big waves but fun to play around in. We were traveling with our two year old and my mom and I felt like the ocean was definitely too much for our son and on the verge for my mom. The sand was beautiful and the breeze kept us cool so it was the beach was great for walking, playing and building sand castles.
The food was incredible. The breakfast and dinner buffet far exceeded my expectations. A lot of the buffet food was actually individually plated and beautifully presented.
The a la carte food was Seasons Restaurant was also very good and our server Jorge was very attentive. The wine served was from Spain and very good.
My mom and I checked out the steam, sauna, cold pool and hot tub and loved it and the spa attendant who moved us from room to room.
All in all I would say this is a fantastic hotel with exceptional service. It wouldn't be the best choice if you have kids but we will come back with our son only because it was SOOOO good for us!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Angela S
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Besides having the nicest looking poolside and some of the best views of the lagoon and the beach, Santos created a genuine luxury experience. The thing that impressed my wife and I the most was the level of service we received on a constant basis. We felt welcome and appreciated for staying at Sandos. The food was fantastic and the resort offered many different international cuisines. The bartenders were some of the best I've ever seen and again served with a smile on their face. Overall Sandos Cancun is a home run. I can only imagine that the other Sandos resorts boast the same luxury experience.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank TeamBrown14
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were very impressed with this resort. It is "adult oriented," not adult only. That said, don't knock it off your list if you are looking for an adult only resort. It is kind of perfect for that. While we did see people with kids there, and the staff was gracious to them, we are parents of 4 kids, and it is not a place where we would choose to take our own kids. I feel I would send too much time trying to keep them quiet. I am sure they allow kids there because they do so many weddings. It is a luxurious, yet low-key place, and it is incredibly classy but not snobby.
The resort is smallish with only 200 rooms, which was really nice. It is located in a narrow strip in the official hotel zone of Cancun, but once you are on the property, you can really have any experience you want. Party like crazy or relax the entire time. Your choice for the most part.
The rooms are very well appointed and were serviced several times a day with fresh towels, a turn down service, and just in general. We requested fresh linens and they were delivered promptly.
There are 4 restaurants. The "buffet" you would expect at an all inclusive resort is in a posh looking restaurant called Zango. It has a breakfast buffet and dinner buffet, which are pretty awesome. It looks really fancy and modern, but comfy, and yet, you won't feel out of place being casual or even looking plain bad. Seasons looks like a room from Titanic. It is quite "white," beautiful, and formal looking. We ate there once, and left quickly to go to the buffet. The servings at Seasons were tiny, odd, and really more like a fancy restaurant. That's just not our personal style. Our favorite was the beach/poolside cabana, which has an outdoor buffet and a menu. The 4th restaurant is an hibachi style steakhouse, but we didn't eat there, we could never get reservations, and most tables looked open as we walked by, which was frustrating. There is also room service, but be ware if you order dessert, servings are single sized!!!!
There are several pools which basically flow from one to the other. The cabanas you see in the picture are for specific suite holders only. The top pool is mostly quiet, the middle pool has a band sometimes, but surprisingly, the noise actually does go toward the beach, letting you have a choice between loud or quiet. There is service at the poolside.
Overall, the service is flawless and easy, no matter where you are. We actually arrived one day early and stayed next door (for convenience sake) at the Golden Parnassus, which is a totally different experience. Not our style, but we were glad to have the experience to compare to.
We loved almost everything about Sandos. It's right in the middle of Cancun, and I feel places in Playa may win out for some people for that reason, even our families were surprised at us choosing the hotel zone, but it was truly perfect, and the resort contains itself. You are surrounded by large hotels, but the beach, pools, and rooms are so close to each other that it takes the hassle out of going from one to the other, allowing you to just plain relax. We will go again!

Room Tip: The sixth floor had a VIP bar (we were not VIP) but it gives a very quiet and luxurious and differen...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have stayed in many hotels but this one is without a doubt my favorite....The entire hotel was immaculate, the staff were so attentive i never wanted to leave

Definitely coming back