“Excellent resort for a quiet, relaxing vacation”
Review of Coral Mar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cancun
Coral Mar
Ranked #76 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This was our second visit here, and we had an equally great vacation as we did the last time we came.
The resort is on the other side of the Nichupte lagoon, opposite the Hotel Zone.It is in a quiet, peaceful area away from the razzamatazz of the 'Strip', which suits us more mature travellers admirably.
If you want to go to the main area, there are always taxis outside the resort, but always ask what the fare is before you get in.
Our appartment was on the top floor of block 1, which had a great view. There is no lift, but the steps up kept us fit.
The appartment was comfortable and well equipped for our stay. The air-con was excellent.
We generally self-catered, but we did use the on-site bar and restaurant several times, where we found the food and drinks to be excellent and good value.Cocktails were 2 for 1 all day and were
very good. The restaurant staff were friendly and helpful.
The gardens, pool and 'beach' areas were well kept and there was nearly always someone tending the lawns, shrubs etc.
The reception staff and the travel office staff (Coox Ximba ) were always helpful and obliging.
The only thing that upset us somewhat was that my daughter was taken ill during the Friday night of our last day there, and the Saturday morning when we were due to leave. We asked for an extended check-out to ease my daughters situation, but were told we had to be out by 10 am.We did stay unofficially for a short time, but the duty receptionist insisted we vacated the appartment, even though many people checked out that day, and our appartment cleaning could have been delayed, while the others could have been serviced first. We just felt that a little more sympathy could have been expressed.
Overall, we had another wonderful vacation at Coral Mar, and hope to return for a third visit in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank jimboj65
There are newer reviews for Coral Mar

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Had a lovely time here with extended family of 7. It's off the main drag and a bit of a walk to catch to the bus on the main drag. The kitchen and bedrooms were very large and made it very easy to prepare dinner every night. The pool was small, but nice to swim in. It was nice to be away from the hussle of Cancun. We had rental cars and drove everywhere. Great place if you don't mind not being on the beach.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank tick0
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed at Coral Mar for a week in June 2013. This was our first time to Cancun. Barbara, woman at the reception office is very friendly and so helpful. Our room was not ready when we arrived, so we waited at the Palapa for two hours. Those 2 hours flew by and we had a blast waiting and getting to know the guys working at the Palapa. Once getting into our room, it was immaculate and beautiful. We had a great view of the lagoon and the Hotel Zone. We attended an orientation on the second day and were provided with many affordable tours by the on site travel agency. Yes, the beds were a little hard, but I love a firm mattress.
I have no doubt on our next time to Cancun, we WILL be staying at the Coral Mar.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank Familyof5_90602
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I was pleasantly surprise how I enjoyed my one week stay here last May 2013. Definitely don't judge a book by its cover. The view as you walk inside is just beautiful! The lagoon, palm trees and the hotel zone skyline is just amazing. Yes, there is no beach here but it was okay with me...We did a lot of day trips and we went to Isla Mujeres for our beach day... one day we walked to the bus stop and took the bus to the beach.....no big deal.. when you're used to walking.

Our unit is on the third floor and the view from our room is just beautiful (building 3). There is no elevator but it's an easy climb...the third floor facing the ocean is the best! Very quiet and clean. Pool is great. Lalo, our bar tender, was always on his toes to give you the best tequilla mix ever.. strong or light - will customize it for you!. Wonderful staff!.. One of our friends went fishing and we have been eating his catch of the day for dinner during those days that he has some good catch.... Lalo and Fede, helped with the grilling makes you feel at home there.. they even arranged the table for us...

I advise that you get your excursions from the resort... they treat you special.. will pick you and bring you back from the resort.... no other people from other resort, exclusively for Coral Mar customers.

Food is very reasonable and satisfied me. It is important to attend the orientation because they really gave us very good tips on what to do during our stay there...

I love the snorkeling at Puerto Morelos. It's the best snorkeling i've done - better than the Molokini snorkeling I did in Maui.... the sanctuary of fish there is just amazing. Chichen Itza is a must and so is X-Caret...if you still have energy.. go to Isla Mujeres on your own, it's very easy to get there.... either walk or walk to corner and take a bus to the harbor at Tortugas...not expensive...then rent a golf cart for a day so and drive around the Island...about 3 hours to go around it... you can also snorkel and do zipline there..or swim with dolphins..

I will definitely recommend this place to anybody... If you want a mix of fun, relax, explore, and you're like a feel at home kind of girl like me...then this is is the place you. However, if you like to party....then this is not for you.

I will definitely come back to Coral Mar. I had so much fun here.

Room Tip: Units facing the lagoon and third floor are the bet because you have the full view of the water.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank mingmel
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Coral Mar is an older vacation property and one is warned before booking that it is quiet so not the place for those travellers who are looking for night life. As we were much in need of a relaxing week we were very happy to be in these tranquil surroundings and gaze across the lagoon at the lively Hotel Zone. One visit there confirmed our wisdom in choosing this location. Special mention should be given to Barbara, the hostess, who was extremely helpful and went the extra mile for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Edna333
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I came here last summer with my family. At first, I was disappointed that it was located on a beach. Thats what I was excited for. But after spending a few days here, I began to love it! The staff was very nice and friendly. They provided great input on tours they recommended. The pool was always empty. We met a nice family on the trip that we ended up doing a lot of the tour with. It also happens that they lived near us back home. It was a very family oriented environment because it wasn't like other large resorts.

Overall, I loved this place. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The view of the bay and resorts were nice to look at. The only thing I disliked was that if was a bit further away from the hotel zone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank KristinL432
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This small condominium is on the quiet side of Cancun, across from the big hotels and beaches. It sits on a harbor with a pool, beautiful view and a little restaurant and bar. We were a group of 5 girlfriends meeting for a reunion and good time. We certainly enjoyed our time here. The staff in the restaurant/bar as well as the resort were delightful. I had a massage in the hut next to the water and it was great. The desk set us up for a catamaran sail and lunch. It was a full day trip and lots of fun.
This is not a party place, but if you want to kick back and enjoy your friends, this is the place to do it. Easy to get transportation and go anywhere else you want. I would go back here...reasonable and fun. Very good service.

Room Tip: I think most of the apartments here are good and I think with views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends