This resort, along with every single staff member, made our first visit to Mexico more than we dreamed possible! While we would love to say that everything was perfect, we can say that there was never a situation that arose that was not addressed immediately and with great urgency.
The food was amazing! Our favorite restaurant was Sea Salt Grill and Jessica is an amazing hostess! We originally said we weren't going to eat at the same restaurant more than once, until we'd tried them all. However, the service we received at Sea Salt Grill was so fantastic, we ate there for several meals and didn't make it around to all of the other restaurants. The drinks from the bar at this restaurant also seemed to be the best we found, throughout the resort.
We ate at Nebbiolo (Italian Restaurant) for dinner one evening and had a table by the windows. This allowed us to enjoy a breathtaking view of the sun setting over the lagoon. The food was very, very good and the bread with oil and balsamic vinegar was truly heavenly.
Market Fresh Cafe was good but we were not overly impressed. The breakfast buffet here each morning however was good and provided a very large selection to choose from. The biggest problem with breakfast was the sun pouring through the Windows making it very difficult to see anything. But the service (as with the entire resort) was sensational.
Room service (for both an early morning breakfast and late night dinner) were fabulous. Again, the service was great and it is so awesome that the cart they use to deliver your food expands to make a table. We had very romantic meals in our own room and on the balcony.
Our room was a Deluxe Ocean View room with the Preferred Club upgrade. The room was very big and comfortable. We were disappointed that we were not given a king size bed (had 2 queen beds instead) but since we happened to be there while they were having their grand opening, it was understandable that they were not able to make a change. We were on the 25th floor so the views were spectacular.
The shower was really nice and while we did have an issue the first day with not having any hot water (which they quickly remedied) we enjoyed showering twice a day in the rainfall shower. As we did upgrade to the Preferred Club, we don't know if this is standard or only on the Preferred floors, but the amenities for the shower were unbelievable. The bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash were much, much larger than typical hotel varieties. They actually lasted us the 6 days we were there (taking 2 showers each per day). They also provided lotion, sunscreen (spf 15), a tooothbrush and toothpaste, a comb, a razor, and a little box with qtips and cotton balls. We always had plenty of luxurious (huge) bath towels, hand towels, and wash clothes.
The balcony was very big and had comfortable chairs. The only downside to the balcony was lack of privacy from your next door neighbor. Our room was next door to a suite and one morning I went out to our balcony to read and saw our neighbor sleeping with all of his blankets and pillows on the sofa on his balcony. We are non-smokers and weren't thrilled that our neighbors (on both sides) spent quite a bit of time on their balconies smoking. As the entire interior of the resort is non-smoking, the balcony (with the sliding door closed) is the place for them to smoke. This made it a little difficult for us to get the full enjoyment from the balcony.
There is always something to do! If you want to relax, there are places to do that. But if you want to get involved, there is plenty to keep you busy. Victor and Sandy were the 2 Entertainment Team members that we chatted with. They were both beyond great!
A very short list of negatives:
* The non time-share presentation that we managed to get ropes into (which would only last 90 minutes including eating breakfast) took almost 3 hours. They kept saying they were a no pressure sales team but we must not have the same definition of no pressure sales. We were not happy to lose so much of our vacation time on something that we told them we weren't going to do.
* The Grand Opening Event was held on the second night of our stay and all of the common (non-preferred) pools and areas were closed for the "private party" beginning very early in the afternoon. * We were told that the resort was all complete. However, beginning the day after all of the grand opening attendees departed, we were greeted with hammering and drilling for several hours each day.
Not one of these issues would cause us to not return. We loved the resort! We loved the staff! We felt like royalty while we were there. It has been 4 days since we returned home and we are already talking about going back.
I would have to say that this was, by far, the best vacation we have ever taken and this resort is absolutely everything it promises to be.
Cried while leaving the resort and am already saving my pennies to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the heart of Cancun at Secrets The Vine Cancun. This adults-only, ultra-chic, contemporary resort offers all the indulgences of Unlimited-Luxury(R), starting with 497 modern, elegant guest rooms and suites, 24-hour room service and pool and beach wait service. The 497 graciously appointed guest rooms and suites comes complete with Italian porcelain and teak wood furnishings and sleek, private terraces overlooking the crystal-clear Caribbean Sea and Laguna Nichupte. All guest rooms and suites are equipped with luxurious amenities including 24-hour room and concierge services,daily refreshed mini-bar, smart TVs and much more. Plus, stay connected with Unlimited Connectivity -offering free WiFi and free calling to the U.S. and Canada and more. The experience continues with limitless access to six gourmet restaurants and top-shelf spirits served at the six modern bars and lounges throughout the resort plus 24-hour dining options allow guests to devour late night bites at The Vine Café or stay in and order room service. Sommelier-led wine tastings with some of the world's finest wine collections with wine pairings and wine education are available for all guests to partake in. The Vine Bazaar, a contemporary and unique centralized venue adorned cozy café, relaxing terrace and more indulgent gourmet fare and beverages. All topped off by an array of exciting live entertainment and the added option to visit nearby participating resorts for a night out with the Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience. Relax by one of three sparkling swimming pools, partake in many of the daily activities that are offered, or enjoy a spa treatment at the exquisite Secrets Spa by Pevonia(R), boldly inspired by cave-like structures and natural cenotes of the area. Hit the links with complimentary greens fees at a nearby championship course, or partake in Sommelier-led wine tastings. Whether you're doing it all or doing nothing at all Secrets The Vine Cancun is the ultra-chic destination to indulge in pure luxury. Secrets The Vine Cancun - Sparkling. Elegant. Bold. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets The Vine Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.