Secrets The Vine Cancun
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$528
US$451
Official Site
US$315
US$267
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$800
US$536
US$365
galahotels.com
9,813 results
All reviewsmarket cafepreferred clubpreferred poolbluewater grillsea saltpiano barpreferred levelblue water grillsecrets resortpreferred roomdragons restaurantentertainment teamolio restaurantcoffee barhoneymoon suitegreeted with champagnethe hard rock
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I just got back from this trip with my parents. Being in my early 20s and travelling with my parents, I was not expecting to have as much fun as I did.

When you first get to the hotel, you are greeted with champagne and moist towels. That's just the beginning. Overall, the service was incredible. Everyone there is very hardworking and will bend over backwards to accomodate you. When I couldn't decide on an entree at the italian restaurant, the waiter encouraged me to just mix and match so I could try everything! That's just one example of the spectacular service we received during our week stay. The staff often say "Welcome home" when you reenter the hotel, and it really does feel like a very upscale version of home where you can have pretty much whatever you want whenever you want.

The hotel and premises are beautiful. I noticed that some sort of sweeping or dusting or cleaning is always being done by someone, which is nice to see that they are constantly working to keep the grounds looking nice.

The breakfast and lunch options were pretty decent, but the dinner options were much more gourmet and so delicious. The italian restaurant was fantastic and definitely our favorite, even though we don't typically like italian. It was very much fine dining with spectacular service, and we loved it.

Finally, the entertainment team was fantastic, specifically Balam, Winnie, Beth, and Victor. They were really what made the trip fun for me. They organize lots of various activities by the pool during the day like water aerobics, volleyball, dances, bingo, various tastings, etc. They make you feel totally welcome and invited to participate in all of these without being pushy. At night, they also host various shows and activities like karaoke, club nights, etc. Again, I can't say enough how excellent they are. They really made my trip!

Overall, awesome experience and will definitely return

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank shmans236
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This has been an amazing experience, I went to this hotel for my bachelorette party, it was the best time ever, hotel staff was very pleasant and knew our names after the first 2 days! it's just an awesome all around experience for singles and couples they take very good care of their guests, location was perfect, food was excellent, fell in love with their chocolate croissants, you have to try this resort, it will meet all your expectations and then some.

Room Tip: all room have ocean views, if you want quiet, choose one on opposite side of hard rock hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had a fabulous time. The staff is terrific!!! Winnie and Victor helped make our trip enjoyable and even carried Conie over to the dance lesson!!! They all spoke fluent English and seemed eager to make our trip ejoyable.!! We will be back!!! Never have we stayed in such high end accomodations. We told our travel agent to recomend it to everyone. The ammenities were wonderful. This is what a vacation should be!!! Thank you from Bruce & Connie.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank connie381
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed this past week from weds through Sunday, we payed a little extra to get a "preferred" deluxe room, we were on the 26th floor, the whole facility and our room were very clean and modern. Loved the preferred pool, it was heated just warm enough without being hot and had great service. The food was great at all the restaurants and the staff was super friendly. Our favorite dish was the Peruvian ceviche at Sea Salt restaurant by the pool, excellent! If I had to say one bad thing it would be that there is not a swim up bar, but there are other bars near the pool, so not a big deal. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, we will be returning and recommending to family and friends!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Ptownpinkster
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Let me begin with the fact I am a huge Secrets fan and have been to many of their properties. We were excited to go to this one as it was new and had great reviews. There is much to like about the property and a few flaws so here we go. For information, my husband and I are true beach people who spend hours (8+)on the beach while at a resort and we are in the over 50 group.

Beach

This is the prime reason we go to any resort and while the beach was very pretty and clean with nice white sand, there was an issue with umbrellas that can be a deal breaker for some. When you spend as much time on the beach in Mexico as we do, There are times that we need shade from the intense sun. Since this resort does NOT have permanent palapas, and only bring out the small umbrellas when the weather is perfect i.e. no wind, this is an issue for us. The water is beautiful and great to look at it and there aren't any rocks in the water which is great. Had the waves been a bit lower we could easily have enjoyed the water, but there were storms in the area and that certainly isn't the resorts fault.

The beach service was outstanding with servers constantly circulating and taking care of us. Albert did an amazing job of taking care of us and he was great.

The closest restroom facility had only one men's and one women's facility which caused some issues but there are others at the Sea Side Grill.

Secrets does not use towel cards and wrist bands which is an outstanding benefit, particularly when it rains as you don't have to worry about losing a towel and paying for one,

Because the beach is down a flight of stairs it isn't terribly accessible to anyone who can't climb stairs so please be aware of that.

Pool & Hot Tub

There were 3 main pools and were as expected. Clean and well maintained. Unfortunately there was only one hot tub which made for very crowded conditions when it rained. This is a definite miss for the facility in that there weren't at least 2 for use when there are 400+ rooms. But Aberio (sp) was absolutely fantastic as a waiter for the hot tub. He stayed with us in the rain, keep the warm hot towels coming and was in general one of the best I have seen for service. Don't look for a swim up bar because there aren't any but the servers will bring you drinks directly to you in the pool.

Rooms

The room was absolutely great. We were in a deluxe suite on the 19th floor and it was spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable and the airconditioning sufficient to ensure a good nights sleep. The balcony gave us a great view of both the ocean and the lagoon. Sitting out was truly enjoyable.

Restaurants

There were multiple restaurants with Blue Water Grill absolutely excellent. The best steaks we have had in Mexico any where. I would highly recommend you do this one.

Market Café breakfast buffet was one of the best we have been to at Secrets and the wait staff was spot on.

The beach grill was boringly the same every day and that can be a problem for those of us who don't want to bother with going inside for lunch. The best thing they had was Hot Dogs and our last few days stopped having them which is BAD.

Market Café had a ala Carte Mexican one evening that was good and a Mexican fiesta buffet one evening that was so crowded it was unbelievable and way too loud to be enjoyable

The remainder of the restaurants were very over the top Gourmet and the service is slow which makes it difficult after a long day.

I would have to agree with one of the reviewers that this is geared to the much younger traveler and while I can deal with some of it, the club atmosphere does get old.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple