Secrets The Vine Cancun
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$886
US$1,007
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
9,687 results
All reviewsmarket cafepreferred clubpreferred poolbluewater grillsea saltpiano barpreferred levelblue water grillsecrets resortpreferred roomdragons restaurantentertainment teamolio restaurantcoffee barhoneymoon suitegreeted with champagnethe hard rock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and I have been to Cancun several times. Each time staying at a different place. This was our first trip to a setting like Secret The Vine. Most of our stays at other resorts were at the large sprawling, walkable resorts.
I can say we prefer the large sprawling walkable resorts because it feels like you never leave the hotel setting that is Secrets The Vine. That being said, The Vine truly is beautiful. Gorgeous accommodations, the staff - oh my the staff - is so incredibly helpful. Never saw one person even look like they hated their job. They were all great.
We stayed in the preferred club and can speak only to those rooms, but our Preferred Club Ocean View sat on the 27th floor and was very spacious, very nice, comfortable bed...it really was a great room. Room service is relatively quick. Can't complain there.
You really should take in the spa. It's very relaxing, very well laid out. They did a great job with that portion of the resort. Like I said, the place really is nice.

As for cons...as you may have read in other reviews, the noise in the hallways is absolutely a con. While the tile/marble flooring is gorgeous, and the hallways feature a very sleek and modern design; they don't hide a bit of sound. Flip flops, doors, casual conversation, the occasional honeymooner suite noises...those sounds all travel. Early morning risers for the gym, breakfast, beach, etc... no matter how quiet you try to be, you just can't help but hear it. My wife is NOT a light sleeper, and she noticed it. Not sure what the hotel can do about it, but it's certainly an issue.
The food is good. Not great. It's an All-Inclusive, so they have to keep it pretty tame as far as seasoning and spice. We were underwhelmed, but not to the point that we sent food back.
Water temperature in the showers fluctuates wildly. Be careful when you're washing your face or sunburned areas.
Because it's on hotel/resort row, the beach space is limited. As a result the number of covered beach spots are even more limited. We only found an umbrella towards the end of the day when people were heading in for the evening. Vendors are allowed to sell on the beach, but they aren't pushy at all. A simple 'no thank you' and they move on.

All in all, we probably wouldn't choose to stay at The Vine again. I certainly wouldn't dissuade someone from staying there. I just might give them a heads up. An easy 4 out of 5 for us.

1  Thank Nate H
Reviewed 2 May 2014

this hotel went over and above my expectations, I have worked in many hotels around the world, and the Vine is simply the best, excellent service, staff always smiling and very helpful, spotlessly clean, the washrooms are unbelievable.Our room was on 17th floor, spacious and all amenities, mini bar always re filled, although we did not use it too much.The food is excellent for an all inclusive hotel, only thing is we could not take our son as adults only.We had a table set by the beach for a romantic dinner, you choose anything from the menu,the only thing is you have to buy a bottle of wine, but it was well worth it, the servers are very professional, I would definately go back to this hotel

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Perfect option if you want to get away for a few nights, sit by the pool/beach, and not leave the resort. Staff and service are amazing. Drinks are good. Food is average to above average. All in all, pretty impressive for an all-inclusive.

4  Thank kiwi-33333
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at The Vine from 4/14-19 with my fiancée and 20 of our family and friends. We chose The Vine after touring it with the wedding coordinator in May 2013 with my parents. It was easy to decide that we had to have our wedding there. Additionally, we also hosted a private party for my husband's 40th birthday.

I am focusing this review on our stay, not the wedding. If I were to rate the wedding coordination and actual event, I'd give it a 3 out of 5 stars. If you're thinking about hosting a wedding there and have any questions, please feel free to email me at saratraun@yahoo.com. I'd be happy to share my experience and provide pointers.

ROOMS
We stayed in a honeymoon suite. The rooms are beautiful and clean. We were disappointed that we didn't get a room on the oceanside of the building. Both ends have beautiful views, but the oceanside is prettier.

SERVICE
POOLSIDE: We had Alberto and Oliver helping us all week, and they were awesome...but we did tip them $1/drink, and our group was usually at least 10 people...so hopefully we were a fun and easy group for them to take care of.
RESTAURANT: Sooooo slow. I understand that most places were looking to offer us "an experience," but usually we were too hungry to wait for that! The waits usually weren't too bad, but if you're going for dinner at 7, definitely don't expect to eat until 8.
HOUSECLEANING: They did a good job except for the day of the wedding when no one cleaned or turned down our room. It was really disappointing!
CONCIERGE: Helped arrange golf for my husband and the ride to Secrets Maroma for the Honeymoon portion of our trip. I had made arrangements with Musme via email prior to arrival to reserve a cabana for my dad who has had many bouts with skin cancer, but when we got there, there was no reservation and no one knew what I was talking about. It was very frustrating and disappointing. On the brightside, we had two other birthday celebrations in our group during our stay, and concierge made sure that each room was decorated which was really fun!

DRINKS
The drinks were good. The house red wines were pretty gross, but the white was decent. I was glad that there were options for cocktails instead because we didn't drop any extra cash for specialty wine. WARNING: there is NO Captain Morgan and the substitute just wasn't the same. Seems silly, but this was a big deal for my group.

FOOD - We ate at all of the restaurants except the sports bar which never seemed to be open anyway. In general, the food is good, but I didn't think that it was phenomenal. All of the servings are small, which seemed to take everyone off guard each meal. If you're really hungry, order two!
MARKET CAFÉ: Great breakfast buffet (I didn't try for lunch but heard that it was good) that actually changed the foods up daily which was nice.
DRAGONS: The sushi was so-so. I liked my chicken dish, fried rice, and appetizers, but others had issues with the pad thai.
NEBBIOLO: Delicious serve yourself anti-pasta bar, which was perfect while waiting for dinner.
OLIO: I don't love mediterranean, but this was surprisingly good. I had the shrimp which was cooked to perfection.
SEA SALT: Everyone loved the fish tacos! I also had a burger which was pretty good.
BLUEWATER GRILL: We hosted the birthday party here with a wine pairing service. If I could redo it, I would have skipped the wine pairing. My steak had good flavor, but it was overcooked.
MARKET CAFÉ: I enjoyed the fun little sandwiches and treats for when you needed a quick bite between meals. They also served different coffee drinks. I don't drink coffee, but everyone whom I was with said that it sucked throughout the resort.
BAREFOOT GRILL: The pool buffet was good and convenient. There were a few days where we just served ourselves lunch there so we could eat at our chairs in the pool. There was one day that they served paella which was really good!
ROOM SERVICE: All the food we ordered was good enough for 2 in the morning late night munchies, but it took 45 minutes to arrive.
OTHER: I will say that my wedding chicken entrée was very good, and I heard that the surf and turf was also delicious. However, the vegetarian dish was literally a bowl of ziti with red sauce on it. I felt bad for the few people who ordered it!
We ordered a special marble with buttercream frosting birthday cake for my husband's birthday. It was disgusting and no one ate it. Don't order one of those! The red velvet cake for the wedding was better, but they used fondant when we had asked for cream cheese frosting. Most people don't like fondant, so they just dug the cake part out.

MISCELLANEOUS
Check In: Walking in to a cool, fresh towel and glass of chilled champagne is always awesome in my opinion. For the majority of the group, rooms weren't ready upon arrival, which was understandable for anyone arriving before 3. However, there were a lot of people who had to wait until after 430 for their rooms to be ready.
Preferred Club Privileges: The benefits of this are minimal, and I don't think that they're worth it personally. The 12th floor pool is beautiful, but we found that we were just as comfortable at any of the other pools or on the beach. It was a little awkward that half of the group had these privileges because it made some question whether they should have it.
Ultimate Vacation Club: You will be pitched immediately after checking in to sign up for this club presentation. If you're really interested in joining a vacation club, then it will be worth your while. If not, smile politely and state "no" firmly. The presentation will take up more time than you will want to allot in exchange for spa credits or a romantic dinner on the beach.
Gym: I worked out a few times while I was there, just lifting free weights. The gym is a little small, but I made sure that I was out of there before 9, which helped make sure that I had the space I needed. It was really hot in there
Golf: The greens fees they advertise are only free if you set up a tee time after 1. We scheduled a round for my husband the morning of the wedding which ended up costing $105 for greens fees and transportation + rental + drinks/food on the course per person.
Wifi: I was impressed how well the wifi worked, but it was a pain that you had to keep connecting throughout the resort.
Entertainment: We didn't have a chance to participate in a lot, but everything looked like fun and well organized. We had an encounter with The Mentalist one night who did his show for our small group which was entertaining. The nightclub played fun music that we enjoyed. The boys did play a lot of pool volleyball. The activities coordinators do a good job of recruiting people to participate. My mom and I participated in outdoor yoga which was hot and sunny but very nice.
Pool Chairs: This is the third all-inclusive we've stayed at in Cancun, and all of them seem to have the chair game where you have to get out early to reserve a space for yourself. The game started later at The Vine than other places that I've been, and if I weren't with such a big group, I don't know that it would have been as necessary for a pair or group of four.
Energy: The crowd seems to be early 30s. Everyone we met was really nice. I think that they must have been booked 100% because it was really busy, especially toward the end of the week (leading into Easter weekend). However, it wasn't an uncomfortable kind of busy.

WOULD I GO BACK?
I love the look and feel of The Vine. I wouldn't say that it was "perfect," but it was the nicest place that we've stayed in Cancun (The Royal and Live Aqua), and some of my friends and I are already talking about going back in 340 or so days!

Room Tip: Like previously mentioned, the rooms on the oceanside of the building is much prettier!
6  Thank Sara T
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I'm going to start this review by providing a bit of context as to what type of traveler I am. I worked at a travel agent for 3 years, as a destination rep for a travel company, worked in entertainment teams in a few resorts, lived abroad for a few years and travelled to more than 20 countries. I've seen countless all inclusive hotels. Secrets The Vine if, by far, the best I have seen on all fronts.

I traveled there with my partner. We are both 29 years old. We went for the food, the service, the beach and the ocean view and were not disappointed. We were afraid the hotel would be a little too quiet or boring for our taste, which wasn't the case. There were always activities going on, without being to overbearing and still relaxing.

We had a regular room on the 18th floor. We asked for a higher floor and were granted our request. Our view was amazing, facing the hard rock hotel and being able to see both the lagoon and the ocean was very nice. Yes you can hear the music from the entertainment sometimes at night, but it was never past 11 and it was actually fun to have the patio doors wide opened while getting ready for dinner.

The food was amazing. Everywhere. Our waiter Gabriel in the Dragon restaurant was great to us. He even provided us with information related to a city we wanted to visit ( we rented a car). We followed his suggestion and had a very memorable day. The two bartenders at the lobby bar were the best, always kidding around and making guests laugh. We stopped there for a drink before dinner every night and service was great.

We were there during Holy week ( the week before easter) and the hotel was at capacity. MExicans travel a lot that time of year! Service was still great. There were longer waits for certain restaurants but we didn't mind taking a buzzer and heading downstairs for a drink meanwhile.

The beach is very nice for Cancun. a long stretch of sand and wider than in other areas. Always beach chairs available and umbrellas. Those guys really work hard all day in the beaming sun.

Tips were always appreciated but not expected.

Night entertainment was fun but ended around 11. If you want to go out, the entertainment team takes guests to various clubs at night. We went one night and had a great time at The City.

We saw two weddings while we were there and it seemed to be a great hotel for weddings!

We did a romantic dinner ( purchased a bottle of wine) and it was amazing. You get to choose whatever you want to eat, form any restaurant, and they will make it. You can order as many courses as you wish and the service is great as always.

Each meal we had there would have cost around 200+$ in Canada so we definitely felt like we got value for what we paid.

I would highly recommend this hotel and we're already thinking of going back :) it was my boyfriend's second all inclusive experience ( he didn't like the first one ) and now I think he's spoiled for the future as I doubt we will be able to find something to top Secrets The Vine!

7  Thank cancungen