Paradisus Cancun
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$528
US$451
Official Site
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$800
US$536
US$362
galahotels.com
10,511 results
All reviewsmarket grillroyal servicemoleblue agavefamily conciergebali bedsavenue barnaos restaurantyhi spakids zonedinner reservationsmain pyramidpersonal butlerocean viewsushibutler servicetacos
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have visited this hotel with my extended family (5 adults and a toddler). We were staying in the Club Melia pyramid as we are members (we LOVED Paradisus Playa Del Carmen enough to buy in).
Check in was smooth and efficient but from the very beginning we started seeing little differences from service in PPDC. For example we we sort of shown in the direction of the Club check in (2 buildings over) and had to wonder around a bit looking for it.

We initially did not get an ocean front view but once I asked, we were promised to be moved in 2 days. The original room was OK, but it needed some TLC. Mostly stupid little things like semi-broken door handles and banged up fridge. But these do detract from an image of an "ultra-premium" resort that they would like to be. I have to say that once we got moved to an ocean front room (I am happy to say that they delivered on the promise and were accommodating with the process of the move), the room was much better in every way - bigger, newer etc. I think the hotel is in a process of renovating the rooms and it is still a bit hit or miss.

The restaurants are quite good, again falling a little short of PPDC but good none the less. We especially liked the Mediterranean restaurant. The buffet is not as expansive as in some other chains but it is of very good quality, I would say better than average. I was particularly impressed that they use good quality meat so you can a very decent steak or ribs. Also the drinks in all the bars are of much better quality than what I had seen elsewhere. Both for mixed drinks and liquors. (as a result I was drinking more than I normally do :) )

They have a very good kids club and programs and for family concierge guests they give the kids a little push car. Our club concierge was able to get us one as well and I could hardly get my daughter out of it.

So if I have not stayed in the superb Paradisus PDC I would have been totally happy, but my bar was set very high, so I think there is some room for improvment. I think they are doing a lot of work in the hotel so over time it will be more uniformly the Paradisus standard. It is a good hotel now and will probably get even better in the near future

Room Tip: I think rooms on the lower floors are a bit bigger.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EugeneNY
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed in royal service and got a butler, Juan. He was at our beckoned call, he even answered the cell phone ( which they give upon arrival) on his day off resolving our dinner reservations. At the royal service pool, all the staff were excellent but two were above excellent. David is in charge of the pool area. He made shore that everything was too our liking. Francisco is the best waiter, pool attendant that I have ever seen. Overall, one of the best trips I have ever had.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe D
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recognizing David and Francisco for the great job they do !!.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Service in the near future.

Gracias!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This place is beyond comparison. We were a group of twelve, and more one problem with serving so many. We felt like royalty.
Hector and the activities crew were wonderful. He made us feel like he was looking forward to seeing us daily. He would take the time to visit and hang out with us. Josie was also wonderful. Played volleyball with our group daily. Go Minnesota!
Miguel served us on the beach. Fantastic. He would arrive with water and drinks before we could ask. He would remember all our favorites and have them in our hands before we could blink. Awesome!
I've never been somewhere that I've seen such excellent working attitudes. Not one employee was seen without a smile, not one! Makes Minnesota nice look a bit drab.
I recommend this place like no other.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
1  Thank Mylynn J
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with the TripAdvisor community! The goal of the Paradisus Cancún Resort is to provide excellent guest service and truly WOW our guests; we're so thrilled you and your group enjoyed our resort, activities and the staff service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed at the Paradisus, Cancun in the week of Nov. 18th, 2013. When we first arrived, the place smelled and looked amazing, the atrium is the nicest I've ever seen. Before all the positive stuff, I have to say that, we had somewhat of a hard time with our room reservations, we booked (and paid for) the family suite, but the room they led us to was not at all what was pictured on their website....we were pissed and needed to argue with the manager to get the room we paid for. They must have overbooked and tried to pull a fast one on us. Eventually and with much frustration, we got our room, one the first floor, with ocean view.

The rest of the hotel is very very beautiful, always clean and well maintained. The gym is nice, the spa is excellent (expensive) and the beach is super clean. If you are travelling with small children, be aware that the waves in Cancun are a bit rough, as for us, our 7 year old had to hold our hands when we went for a dip.

There are a couple of football sized pool, which are extremely clean and beautiful. The buffet food is very good and all restaurants are also deserving of high marks. The service is tops as well. We even experience the tequila tasting get-together, which was very well presented and I must say extremely interesting.

Overall, we were very happy about our stay at the Cancun Paradisus and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

We regret that the room had not exceeded your expectations. Over the four pyramids, we have rooms for rent and due to the pyramidal shape of the hotel, you may find different kind of spaces and decor, but at anytime, maintaining the standards and services.

As a team we work hard to satisfy, as much as possible, the needs and special requirements of our guests, but it is important to mention that reservations are not guaranteed placement of rooms.This is subject to the availability with which we have for the time of arrival.

We will certainly put great attention to each of the observations, because we know how important it is. We really hope you had have a pleasant and relaxing days by visiting such a beautifull and great destination.

We wish to have a new oportunity to serve you again in the near future, being aware to exceed your expectations any time.

Cordially

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I have been coming to the Paradisus, formally the Gran Melia, for 20 years. We usually come twice a year. We have seen a lot of changes over the years but still love the hotel. The waiters and waitress at the pool are wonderful! Asuncion, Leticia, Luis and Laura have been working there for many years and go out of there way to make sure all of the guests are well taken care of. Juan Diaz, the bartender, also has been there for many years and is great.
The hotel is beautiful and very clean. The rooms are spacious and spotless. We love the private balconies. We usually have an ocean view room and the view is breath taking. We will be returning to this hotel for many more years!

Room Tip: Oceanview room in tower 3 is very convenient to everything
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We understand that you have many travel options with Club Melia and we sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing our Resort for years. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

Providing unmatched guest service is a hallmark of our property and we are especially pleased to read that you felt this commitment during your stay.

It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Happy Holidays!!