“Paradisus is Excellent”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas, United States
“Paradisus is Excellent”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

First off, we traveled as a family of 22. We all arrived and checked in. There was a few issues with a couple of rooms b/c of the a/c. We were moved and problem taken care of! The resort smells wonderful. I personally didn't get the concierge service. One person did for his room. We utilized his concierge to accommodate our reservations. It was hard as a large group to sit together but Paradisus did their best. Our favorite was Bana for dinner (sushi). Alejandro went out of his way to take care of us. I failed to mention half of our group is kids ages 6mo-9yrs.. SO you can imagine the mess they can make. Alejandro and team did a great job making sure the kids had their fare share of sushi and food off the kid menu! It was awesome. Adults at one big table and kids at another! Thank you so much Alejandro for the special shots. We have video of him doing great work! We went to other restaurants and they were decent. Fuego's scallops were delicious! We spent most of our trip eating at Nao's which is the buffet restaurant. We usually ate breakfast and lunch here. They always had great options! I liked to thank Javier Zamara who worked both shifts. For our entire stay he somehow knew what time we were coming for breakfast and lunch and had tables on standby for us. It was awesome!! Of course we took care of him each day with a gratuity. I wanted to recognize his super serving skills especially when we kept asking for bacon!! FYI you won't see the best crispy bacon on the buffet. You have to ask for it!! Always ask for something you don't see!! I did and somehow Javier Z was able to make it happen!! This kept our kids happy!!

The pools were fun! They had a kiddy area pool that was about 2.5 ft deep. This was by tower 1 I believe. It was a big pool and our kids were extremely happy b/c they were able to free instead of being stuck in a 5ft wide kid pool.

For rooms: We had a standard room in the main tower. All towers are connected. At night you could here the music playing from the bar downstairs.. It was a little loud but it's Cancun and you are there to have fun!! The room suited our needs. We even had a pac-n-play with double beds. The couch also folded out to a bed. I can also tell you that there are rooms bigger than others. Those on corners of the towers are HUGE! There are also rooms with ceiling fans installed. I guess you just have to ask and be specific when you book!

All in all we traveled together and had a great time!

Thanks to all the servers who took care of ALL of us with a smile!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are huge and they have some that face the beach. There are some rooms with ceiling fans...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BigRick E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,015)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was a good experience, I loved this hotel the first time so we decided to come back with more people. Everything about the hotel is beautiful and comfortable. I wish that the main buffet dinning area had more selections during breakfast lunch and dinner it was kind of the same thing every day. But overall it was good the otherresurants were great and everything was good. It's not too far from the airport and the place is wonderful the pool is huge and the beach is beautiful even though you can see sea weed from a distance (not a fan of seaweed) but I loved the warmth of the beach it was perfect.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel itself was beautiful. That is my only compliment. We waited for 3 hours for our luggage to arrive to our room after check in. It was lost in the hotel because the bellmen brought it to the incorrect room. Glasses and camera were both stolen by employees. All inclusive but need a 24hr reservation before hand was not compensating to us. We would recommend Fiesta Americana Condensa again instead of this hotel. We regret venturing to try a new hotel.

3 Thank Meghan C
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this review, 29 October 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and for your confidence. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and your Bday with us.

I have shared your comments with Karina!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Paradisus Cancún Resort.

With kind regards
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Royal service was excellent, particularly the pool/cabana area staff. All the hotel employees are wonderful with the best attitude. We only stayed 3 nights and tried Fuego, Bana and Mole, all were very good. I recommend bringing a lot of singles etc. to tip the staff, because they really go out of their way to help you.

1 Thank Ece K
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family and I just returned from The Paradisus , it was a present for my daughters 18th birthday. I don't even know how to tell you how wonderful it was !! Lets start with the hotel, is BEAUTUFUL and IMMACULATE. The pictures do not lie , the hotel looks just like them. The rooms are very clean , we had an ocean front room and the view was simply breathtaking. We also opted for the Royal Service and that's how we were treated , like royalty. Our Butler Juan made our trip a wonderful experience, from putting balloons in my daughters room and a cake to scented pillows at night time, he catered to our every whim. We never knew what to expect when we entered our room at night he always had a wonderful surprise waiting for us. Thank you Juan!! The employees are incredible I really wish I could remember all their names to thank them personally. The pools are unbelievable! the pool guys are also incredible I am telling you they are right there for you the whole time we were never without a drink or a snack. The real diamond in the rough is Natalia from Royal Service concierge, without her none of this would have been possible. Natalia is so efficient it is scary. I love you Natalia !!! The restaurants are an experience in themselves, my favorite was Vento, Fuego was also wonderful and the market grill they were all great honestly and the hostesses Jessica, Marcela all of them are just great. Now, don't be expecting American food not gonna happen, but then you are not here to eat American food right? I have no idea how anyone could not enjoy their experience at the Paradisus. I felt like I was with my family that is a special feeling , I did not meet one person I did not like. I will return to the Paradisus for many more years to come as long as they have this quality of service and I know they will because with the employees they have there is NO way it can be anything but EXCELLENT !!!!! The Richino Family

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms are unbelievable.
3 Thank Beth R
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I like this resort very much. All the staff are friendly and helpful except for the towel cottage. They were inconsistent with their policies. Sometimes they will ask for cards before giving the towels and sometimes they will just give them away without the card. The water in the beach is great. The food is also excellent. You will never go hungry. Overall, this resort is great....highly recommended.!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Where do I start….We have been to about 10 all-inclusive caribbean resorts and this was the BEST! The food was FANTASTIC! (Most all-inclusives are cattle buffets and tired food). I'm guessing this was because we paid the $80 per night, (per room), upgrade for, "The Royal Service." Trust me, if you're without kids, pay the money. They give you a cell phone and you get a personal butler who arranges ALL of your dinner reservations, (this would have been worth the extra money alone, as my guess is that we would have had a hard time getting a reservation without the Royal Service…). You also get 2 days of the, "Bali Beds," which are private cabanas with personal wait service that are insanely comfortable to lounge in. You also have a private tower with no kids, your own private buffet with high end cheeses, meats, beverages and hors douvres, along with a private breakfast in a secluded and tranquil eating area. The last thing about the Royal Service we loved was the spa! We got to use the tranquility pool, which has about 10 different massage stations, a rock fountain to walk while being sprayed on your legs, along with a sauna and steam room. The locker rooms had towel service and felt like a high end country club.
The staff was awesome….Francisco, Gerardo, Javier, Octavio and I'm leaving out the name of our waiter on the romantic dinner who was awesome. Julie, Chely and Miranda? (Orange shirt) were great at the Concierge desk, along with Pedro, Omar, David and Alexander at the pool.
The Sushi place, Bana, was to die for, but all the food was wonderful. Great place, clean, good a/c and the beach and water are beautiful!

Room Tip: Pay for the Royal Service
5 Thank Tom M