“Paradisus August 2014”

Paradisus Cancun
Ranked #24 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel lacked amenities for children. The food was horrible except at Market grill. Unless you get up at 6 am you will not get a spot at the beach or pool area. Very disappointed in this hotel....

4  Thank Michelle L
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel and we appreciate your candid review. We apologize that you had a disappointing experience and we're always looking for new perspectives about our hotel and our service. We never want to be anything less than helpful with our guests and we're reviewing your comments to ensure we're doing all we can to exceed expectations.

Please share any additional comments like if you were part of our family concierge service, room number or suggestions with us any time.

Warm regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (9,714)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The best thing about this resort is that it has cribs and booster seats, it also has a huge room in the basement cater to babies and kids. They have squishy floors and toys..and even babysitting services.
Also the staff is super friendly and you get what you need right away.
The food was ok, nothing amazing...but they did have lots of seafood, fish and ceviches and mussles. The drinks are pretty dam good..not watered down. Rooms are a bit outdated..but the minibars are great...always stocked with water, beer, pop and m&ms.
I only had one issue which was at the Perla..is the retaurant outside...you cannot eat there if you are wet and you cannot take food out from there to the beach or pool area. I was turned away with my one year old son...I found it to be rude...and it would have been prevented if I knew this in advance.
Overall, it was a nice resort..very family oriented...lots of people with kids..but a bit pricey for an august vacation.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Guest

We are pleased to know that you found our staff very helpful and friendly.

Thank you for your personal and very valued feedback which is very much appreciated . it is the only way to improve our services and enhance our guest´s experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

With Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 August 2014

First off, we traveled as a family of 22. We all arrived and checked in. There was a few issues with a couple of rooms b/c of the a/c. We were moved and problem taken care of! The resort smells wonderful. I personally didn't get the concierge service. One person did for his room. We utilized his concierge to accommodate our reservations. It was hard as a large group to sit together but Paradisus did their best. Our favorite was Bana for dinner (sushi). Alejandro went out of his way to take care of us. I failed to mention half of our group is kids ages 6mo-9yrs.. SO you can imagine the mess they can make. Alejandro and team did a great job making sure the kids had their fare share of sushi and food off the kid menu! It was awesome. Adults at one big table and kids at another! Thank you so much Alejandro for the special shots. We have video of him doing great work! We went to other restaurants and they were decent. Fuego's scallops were delicious! We spent most of our trip eating at Nao's which is the buffet restaurant. We usually ate breakfast and lunch here. They always had great options! I liked to thank Javier Zamara who worked both shifts. For our entire stay he somehow knew what time we were coming for breakfast and lunch and had tables on standby for us. It was awesome!! Of course we took care of him each day with a gratuity. I wanted to recognize his super serving skills especially when we kept asking for bacon!! FYI you won't see the best crispy bacon on the buffet. You have to ask for it!! Always ask for something you don't see!! I did and somehow Javier Z was able to make it happen!! This kept our kids happy!!

The pools were fun! They had a kiddy area pool that was about 2.5 ft deep. This was by tower 1 I believe. It was a big pool and our kids were extremely happy b/c they were able to free instead of being stuck in a 5ft wide kid pool.

For rooms: We had a standard room in the main tower. All towers are connected. At night you could here the music playing from the bar downstairs.. It was a little loud but it's Cancun and you are there to have fun!! The room suited our needs. We even had a pac-n-play with double beds. The couch also folded out to a bed. I can also tell you that there are rooms bigger than others. Those on corners of the towers are HUGE! There are also rooms with ceiling fans installed. I guess you just have to ask and be specific when you book!

All in all we traveled together and had a great time!

Thanks to all the servers who took care of ALL of us with a smile!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are huge and they have some that face the beach. There are some rooms with ceiling fans...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BigRick E
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was a good experience, I loved this hotel the first time so we decided to come back with more people. Everything about the hotel is beautiful and comfortable. I wish that the main buffet dinning area had more selections during breakfast lunch and dinner it was kind of the same thing every day. But overall it was good the otherresurants were great and everything was good. It's not too far from the airport and the place is wonderful the pool is huge and the beach is beautiful even though you can see sea weed from a distance (not a fan of seaweed) but I loved the warmth of the beach it was perfect.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel itself was beautiful. That is my only compliment. We waited for 3 hours for our luggage to arrive to our room after check in. It was lost in the hotel because the bellmen brought it to the incorrect room. Glasses and camera were both stolen by employees. All inclusive but need a 24hr reservation before hand was not compensating to us. We would recommend Fiesta Americana Condensa again instead of this hotel. We regret venturing to try a new hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Meghan C
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and for your confidence. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and your Bday with us.

I have shared your comments with Karina!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Paradisus Cancún Resort.

With kind regards

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Royal service was excellent, particularly the pool/cabana area staff. All the hotel employees are wonderful with the best attitude. We only stayed 3 nights and tried Fuego, Bana and Mole, all were very good. I recommend bringing a lot of singles etc. to tip the staff, because they really go out of their way to help you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ece K
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family and I just returned from The Paradisus , it was a present for my daughters 18th birthday. I don't even know how to tell you how wonderful it was !! Lets start with the hotel, is BEAUTUFUL and IMMACULATE. The pictures do not lie , the hotel looks just like them. The rooms are very clean , we had an ocean front room and the view was simply breathtaking. We also opted for the Royal Service and that's how we were treated , like royalty. Our Butler Juan made our trip a wonderful experience, from putting balloons in my daughters room and a cake to scented pillows at night time, he catered to our every whim. We never knew what to expect when we entered our room at night he always had a wonderful surprise waiting for us. Thank you Juan!! The employees are incredible I really wish I could remember all their names to thank them personally. The pools are unbelievable! the pool guys are also incredible I am telling you they are right there for you the whole time we were never without a drink or a snack. The real diamond in the rough is Natalia from Royal Service concierge, without her none of this would have been possible. Natalia is so efficient it is scary. I love you Natalia !!! The restaurants are an experience in themselves, my favorite was Vento, Fuego was also wonderful and the market grill they were all great honestly and the hostesses Jessica, Marcela all of them are just great. Now, don't be expecting American food not gonna happen, but then you are not here to eat American food right? I have no idea how anyone could not enjoy their experience at the Paradisus. I felt like I was with my family that is a special feeling , I did not meet one person I did not like. I will return to the Paradisus for many more years to come as long as they have this quality of service and I know they will because with the employees they have there is NO way it can be anything but EXCELLENT !!!!! The Richino Family

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms are unbelievable.
3  Thank Beth R