“Overall, I Had A Good Time!”
Review of Paradisus Cancun

Paradisus Cancun
Ranked #23 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersSilver level
new york
“Overall, I Had A Good Time!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel is huge with a pretty nice layout. When I first check in we were literally "whisked away" to the Royal Service check-in in Pyramid 5. The check in process was cool. There we were assigned our butler, Gauldino and a cell phone to keep us in touch with him. The room clean, bathroom size descent and balcony pretty good size that overlooked the ocean.

Our butler made sure we were good on all accounts. He made all of our dinner reservations and even reserved our bali bed for 7 days out of our 8 day stay (you are only guaranteed 3). Gualdino even delivered a chill bottle of champagne on night 1, a bottle of tequilla on night two and sent us home with a bottle of Milagros tequilla...all free of charge.

The spa service was good...but the next day for some reason or another my neck and back was stiff...think it was too much pressure...lol...I think everyone should at least experience the spa treatments if at all possible.

The food at Nao's which is the main dining room was OK...it wasn't a large selection at all and they were not consistent. Bacon & saugages is something you have to ask for, it was not part of the buffet, I dont know why. The other restuarants were ok too...all though I didn't experience all of them. Since I had the Royal Service package we had breakfast & lunch on the RS side and trust me when I tell you, you can see and feel the difference in service.

The pools, 3 in total are nice and clean, one is specifically for the Royal Service guests. The beach was awesome but its a longggggg walk from the ocean back to the your lounge chair...LOL.

Only real complaints for me is the fact that yes, they do not have enough lounge chairs and shaded areas...and yes, after awhile of unclaimed lounge chairs with personal belongings on it, people did start to move those items and take over the chairs, which i felt wasn't cool at all. My only other grievance is that during my stay, the company CINTAS was there for their annual President's Club "conference" and we heard that there was a total of 400 people in this group. Their stay at the hotel really did slow down service, especially at the pool bar and with the room service for food orders. The common areas, such as the atrium and lobby areas were really hot and muggy...there was no real air conitioning in the common areas which became annoying after awhile because it was pretty hot outside and when you came in, all you wanted to do was cool off...granted it was the middle of August. Other than those things the hotel & staff to me were pretty cool and quite accommodating.

If I had the chance, I would more than likely visit the Paradisus and do the Royal Service package again...to me it was worth it.

PS...those daggone on Buffalo Wings were hmmm hmmm good...make sure you get some!

Room Tip: Pyramid 3 is the main bldg which puts you closer to the restuarants and main pool. Pyramid 5 was ni...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cianakiara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,017)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
world
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed in Paradisius for 2 weeks, from july 22nd to august 5th.
It was perfect, perfect place, perfect beach, perfect food and above everything perfect people.
I had the chance to stay at the Royal Service and everything was perfect, excellent service, calm space, wonderful beach.A huge thank to Carlos, very kind and helpful at every moment, to people from "la palapa" who made every breakfast and lunch a very pleasant moment : thanks to Valeria, Roger, Rogelio,Michael, thanks to Balan y Andres for the best cocktails ever. Thanks to Leyner, our perfect Mayordome who was everyday so helpful and nice. Thanks to Omar who taked good care of us every day.
our room was really beautiful, spaceful, with many attentions (perfumed pillows, chocolates...) everyday that contributes making this stay being amazing.
We had the chance to try every restaurant and a special mention to "la Perla", "el vento", toji, and the Naos buffet was also really good.
We'll certainly come back, one more time, to enjoy every little part of this "Paradise".

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank erlbfdeppWorld
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I wanted to say that the activities in the hotel were cool and fun. Special thanks to Freddy for making the Beach Soccer and Volley-ball fun and entertaining. His staff and group were very outgoing and went out of their way to make it a friendly and fun time. Definitely going back. Keep it up guys. Well done.

Room Tip: Try your best to find out how booked the hotel is in order to actually get room you are looking for...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Juan F
Campinas, SP
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I traveled to Cancun for a Convention and the hotel is amazing. First, I got a Junior Suite oceanfront. Waking up with that amazing view from your balcony is priceless. The food is delicious and the hotel offers many options. I called for room services several times and everytime the employees were totally polite and we happy to serve you. You could feel that! If you have the chance to stay at Paradisus... You won regret!

Room Tip: If you get a oceanfront room, don't forget that the pool is also oceanfront, and they have parti...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel was incredible and the staff was awesome. The food was remarkable, but many issues happened during our stay. We booked and paid in advance our stay at Royal service (which is an exclusive area of the hotel), and then, one week before going to Mexico we received an email with a free upgrade to a room for the Family Concierge (not exclusive). As we arrived, there were no more rooms for us on the royal service and we had to stay one night at the family concierge, where the seiling above the bath tub was a "hole", the sink was leaking and other minor stuff. Thankfully, the staff managed to transfer us to Royal service on the next day. I also booked a romance package in advance, paying almost 500 USD for couple´s massage, romantic dinner at the beach, flowers at the room and romantic breakfast. We were kind of lost because it was a surprise to my husband and no one picked us up at the room. Then, when we came back to the room, I found out that the flowers were disposed at my parents room!!!. Even though, everything else was great and we had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Royal service rooms are the best!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Paradisus Cancun from August 11, 2014 to August 16, 2014. I first heard about The Paradisus Resort from a colleague who visited the one in Dominican Republic, Punta Cana. He said that his experience was beyond exceptional, he and his family where treated like royalty. We read reviews on Trip advisor and Bookit.com, most where good but there were some very bad ones as well. After we booked the trip we remembered about the Royal Service. We tried to apply for this upgrade by phone, however where told that there are no rooms available for the week we are visiting.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were graciously greeted by Miroslava, a Melia Vacation Club representative she escorted us to the check in desk where Guadalupe, who made every effort to communicate to us in English and I must say she did a good job. We asked about the Royal Service, she was able to offer us what was available.

Miroslava introduced us to the host Muracio who took his time explaining the services we signed up for as he escorted us to bldg. #5. Once we got over to Bldg. #5 Galdino & Hector where Introduced as our personal butler. Hector work the morning shift and Galdino did the evening. They both provided outstanding service throughout our stay. They were able to book all of our restaurant reservations and accommodate any special request and we did have a few.
We were also assigned a pool concierge David, who was very attentive to our needs which gave a very personable experience. He worked with a team of guys Omar, Pedro and Alexander who all offered excellent customer service.

The waiters where outstanding as well, the ones that come to mind particularly are Edier, Efrian & Rodger. They all seem to have a unique ability to anticipate your needs along with helpful suggestion about the menu or drink selections, which worked well for me because I never know what I want.

The entertainment was mediocre at best however, the dancers did work hard. I would like to suggest that they provide all guests with an Entertainment schedule. We had no idea what was going on any given day or night. It was only by chance that we happened upon the Dance of the Flamingos (In the Royal Service Area) & a ritualistic dance in the general stay pool area which I enjoyed both.

Overall the room was nice but average but the service was outstanding. We would return to this resort or try another Paradisus in another area. We would definitely recommend to family and friends the Royal Service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Michael A
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Immaculately clean. Service is excellent, friendly and helpful. The gym is good and you will need it considering how good the food is. Food options run from the best wings at the pool side bar to a frisée salad for those who don’t really care to put on an ounce. The healthy options are always there. We enjoyed the very punctual room service each morning – poached eggs, fruit, and the best coffee. Our room in the family concierge area was very large with a large patio overlooking the ocean. The bed gets an A+ for comfort and the room was wonderful as the heat was so well regulated that systems were not turning on and off all night – making for an excellent sleep. Drinks by the pool have that drinks-by-the-pool feel, but there is a well-kept secret. You may have the best margarita of your life in Blue Agave at night. Blue Agave is the Mexican restaurant that does not require reservations. It was by far the best and most interesting food I had there. The menu is not extensive, it is simple, traditional, Mexican and delicious. Each “taco” (not fried, but a small white corn tortilla with toppings) is small and allows you to taste a variety. Everything we had was great, with the Poblano quesadilla and the chorizo taco getting many rave reviews. The restaurant comes across as an upscale, relaxed spot. Other restaurants were good. The buffet at Naos contains a huge variety – beautifully presented and delicious. Beach service was provided by “Victor” who must be on a mission to be remembered by being just what you need. He appears out of no-where, replenishes your icy bucket of drinks while you sleep and quietly ensures you are in heaven. The pools get a bit warm in summer – most likely due to the roasting temperatures at this time. The ocean is refreshing and swimmable. The spa was a treat, excellent massage and mani/pedi. Although, Mani/pedi area needs a refresh – the massage area was dreamy. Many tourists have commented on one of the only negatives that can be found. They are pumping an incense in at the front entrance that is overwhelming. It will knock you over and may put a tickle in your throat. Far too strong, completely artificial and makes you think something is going to be wrong with this otherwise beautiful experience. They need to shut that down immediately.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple