Hotel Riu Cancun
US$396
US$252
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$730
US$1,382
US$849
HotelsClick
10,533 results
All reviewsannex buildingsports barcoco bongoquiet pooljapanese restaurantevery other daybar crawlsteakentertainment staffamazing holidayactivity pooljungle tourcaptain hookmain buffetspecialty restaurantssenor frogssenior frogs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here with friends in July 2013 and can't wait to go back! We stayed in a Junior Suite which had plenty of room and the views from our huge balcony were amazing. I read some of the reviews before our trip that stated that the food wasn't very good so I was a little worried. After visiting this lovely resort, I must say that he previous reviewers must have been very picky eaters because we all thought the food was great AND we had a couple of picky eaters in our group with us. I must say that burgers were not very good, but there are plenty of food choices so you should find something to suit your tastes...you will not go hungry here. We mainly ate from the buffet so everybody could find something they liked. We did eat at the steakhouse and the Japanese restaurant and both were exceptional. The staff was very friendly. The beaches were pretty, but watch out for the big rocks in the water. Since this resort is all inclusive, I was able to try different alcoholic drinks that I normally wouldn't buy myself and have found a few new favorites. Overall, this was a fantastic vacation. I just can't see someone being disappointed with their decision to stay at this resort. If we go back to Cancun, we will definitely be returning to the Hotel Riu Cancun.

Room Tip: When booking a Junior Suite, the views are better from the 4th, 5th, and 6th floors. It seemed to me that the palm trees blocked the view from the lower floors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Bill_Denise
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Just went over to the Riu Cancun to see the remodeling all I can say is WOW WOW WOW not even the same resort that I remember. More to follow with pics when I get back to the States. You will not be disappointed. All new restaurants more open space and yes the AC will chill you to the bones. New swim up bar is an infinity pool. Stand by for more.

Stayed: August 2014
49  Thank Deercreek
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

What a great hotel,very clean and comfortable. One of my friends thought that it needed a little bit of modernization with the rooms but I it was perfectly fine. The hotel staff were really helpful and the selection of food (and desserts) was incredible!! The hotel facilities..pool and location next to a beautiful beach was fantastic...I would stay here again definitely..5/5

Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank TrevorKCork_Ireland
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I literally cannot give his hotel and its staff high enough praise!

Two friends and I stayed here for 2 weeks, all inclusive, back in April of this year. We had THE most amazing holiday, with fabulous weather, delicious food, great drinks and endless laughter!

Every single aspect of this hotel and the staff was absolutely faultless, and great value for money! It's a perfect place for people of all ages to go to... Absolutely brilliant for those ok their 20s (Spring Break and all) but also people of an older or younger demographic, as the hotel and it's bars and pools never got rowdy whilst we were there, but there was plenty of fun!

In the evening, not only was the hotel entertainment brilliant, but the Cancún strip was great too! We went for a night in The City, great for the younger generation, and of course, Coco Bongo! We chose to go in the Gold Member section, where we had bottle service and all night attention from the waiting staff! We also had a fabulous view of the show, and even managed to get ourselves on stage! This place is great for the younger and older people!

We've never had such delicious food in a hotel too... Especially in the á la carte restaurants (try and book a few days in advance for these as they are really popular)!

With regards to wifi, we were allowed 1 hour 30 mins a day per device... Any more, you have to pay for! Little tip though... You can take a short stroll, about 1 minute, to the Starbucks over the road and can use the wifi there!

All in all, we couldn't have picked a better hotel! Spotlessly clean and ideally located a mere 5 minute walk to the main strip, amazing food, drinks and entertainment... And finally, a dedicated team of staff who helped make our holiday THE best holiday we have ever been on!

Thank you Riu Cancún... We will definitely return :)

• Stayed: April 2014
13  Thank Claire A
Reviewed 5 August 2014

What a place. Literally had just stepped into the hotel and our bags were taken out of our hands and a waitress had came over and took our drink order, we then went to the receptionist and about a minute later we had our drinks. This quality service continued throughout the duration of our stay, treated like royalty. Crazy how far a small tip to a waiter/waitress/maid goes.

The hotel/pool/beach was just incredible. Quality of food was also very high standard and also plenty choice. Had a bar in our room and bottles were topped up every 2 days and we got new towels every day. Honestly cannot speak highly enough of this place.

Was here on a lads holiday and for this is was perfect, location was incredible, walking distance to the strip and the reps at the hotel were so easy to deal with. Really looked after you. You could also take a family/partner here and have a great time. Just an incredible place. Everything was accessible and any activities you wanted to part take in could be organized through the hotel or just outside.

Cannot speak highly enough of this place and its staff. Best hotel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends