Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas
US$396
US$252
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$730
US$1,382
US$849
HotelsClick
7,109 results
All reviewstio pepemusty smelljapanese restaurantspecialty restaurantsocean viewswim up barcoco bongomattress padsteakquiet poolmake reservationsactivity poolwrap around balconyhotel is beautifulliquor dispenserdinner reservationsjunior suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I just returned from Cancun..We stayed at the Riu Palace Las Americas this was the second time..We loved it as much as the first time we stayed there. The first time we stayed here, I asked for an ocean view and they up graded us free of charge and not tip induced! When we checked in a week ago, I mentioned we stayed here couple of years ago and Erika at the front desk has us upgraded to a suite with ocean view...Thank you Erika and to the Riu staff....again not tip induced......We have never had to tip to be upgraded or to check in early.....that's why we choose the Rius ......the staff are amazing and truly love they jobs and will do anything for you!!The hotel is top notch we have not a complaint....they property is beautiful, clean quiet and did I mention the best staff of any place we have stayed! My husband said to say a huge thank you to Felipe, the waiter on the beach, always smiling and bringing drinks not stop and a smile from ear to ear....The dining room staff weither is the outside restaurant for lunch or the dining room for dinner.....very professional, friendly and ready willing and able to help you!!!!I want to thank all of the staff at the Riu for a wonderful stay and making it as memorable as the first stay!!!We will be back in March!!!!Cheers to the Riu Palace Las Americas>.xo

2  Thank thunder-7
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This was our second visit to Cancun, but the first one at the Riu Palace Las Americas.
We chose this hotel based on the many positive reviews we saw here and there.
We also knew that we could have a very good price at this time of the year (mid-november).

Because the hotel was not full, we were offered for free a better room, meaning an Ocean Front room instead of Ocean View, which would have been on the side of the hotel and which was part of our package deal with Signature.ca.
It was also very easy to find a good spot around the pools, in the jacuzzi or on the beach, and to have reservations at the restaurants. Low-season is always more pleasant if you want to relax and rest.

The Cancun beach is a beautiful one with fine white sand and turquoise water, but there are some big rocks everywhere in Cancun. It was possible to take long walk on the beach when going west (the left side of the hotel). It is true that the hotel cast a big shadow on its own beach and pools from 2:30, but if you are an early riser like us, it doesn’t matter. We were on the beach from 9:00, so in the afternoon, we did appreciate the shadow.

Of all the trips we have done in similar resorts, the RPLA is the one with the best food. The buffet was great with a lot of options, and the ‘à la carte’ restaurants that we tried were very impressive. We loved El Romero, the steak house, Kasura, the japanese one, and the Krystal, fusion gourmet style. We ate huge shrimps, crab, lobster, perfect steaks, grilled chicken, prosciutto, smoked salmon, tons of fruits, fresh vegetables and sushis, and had champagne a few times. My advice: try the fabulous Mexican coffee that is available in the morning. It is the one in the big black cooking pot, not the one they served at the table, and had a bit of hot chocolate to it!

When we visited the RPLA, there was some Canadians, french and english speaking, some Americans, some spanish speaking people, and many, many Russians.
The RPLA is a beautiful place and the staff was always very polite and patient.
Some of the staff deserve special mentions,: Emilia of Sunwing, Samuel who did the check-in and Tomas at the Krystal.
We are very happy with our stay and would go back.

1  Thank mevanwi
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Arrived on Nov 8th late in the afternoon, had lunch in the Italian restaurant, nice menu and very good attitude from the staff, then unpacked and decided to go out and wander around town, dinner buffet was nice as well but got concerned when the cooking lady was eating while serving, next day enjoyed the surroundings, morning buffet was average, the scrambled eggs taste like lard, arriving to the room I realized that we have uninvited guests, a couple of cockroaches very happy wandering around the room, I've killed them and save them on the cleaning staff message sheet, I've found one cockroach on the bathroom and another on the bar table as well; so I took the four dead bugs and took them to the customer service representative (Pablo), he went mute and told me they will change the room to a better suite (Which I really couldn't care less because my issue was the pest control, not the room, that wouldn't warrant that the cockroaches are not gong to be in the new room). I would have expected the manager on duty to contact me directly.

Went to have dinner on the Mexican restaurant, the food was close to terrible, and the wine listing was not very tasty; the new room view was not much better since was shorter sight relative the old room, and the mesh door to the balcony was not working, the staff went to try to make it less stiff without much luck. The rest of the restaurants food (Steak and Japanese) was from good to average.

The servers attitude was great, however the administrative staff looked stiff and bored.

Visited the Riu Palace Peninsula and I deeply regret choose RPLA over RPP.

Room Tip: Look for bugs as you arrive, and ensure the mesh doors to the balcony works.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank ferherrejon
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Celebrated my 50th birthday at this wonderful hotel.
Our room was upgraded to an ocean view as we arrived but I think must people are upgraded.
The staff here are extremely helpful and courteous at all times, cleaners, waiters, waitresses, receptionist, chefs, in the two weeks we spent here I never witnessed any member of staff without a smile on their face and willing to help.
The food was the best we have ever had in an all inclusive hotel, the choice at all meals times was excellent. Didn't bother booking any of the restaurants as we found the food to be excellent in the buffet.
You also have a choice between to pools, one is very quiet and the other had lots of fun entertainment put together by the very hard working animation team.
Visited coco bongos and I must say this was an experience of a lifetime, really had a great night, purchased the tickets from the hotel and found it to be cheaper than thomsons rep.

Room Tip: Had an ocean view room on the 4th floor, room 440. Great views.
2  Thank sinagporesal
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Riu Palace Las Americas a few weeks back, and we had a really great time at this particular resort. We have stayed at at least four different Riu "All inclusive" resorts and they never really ever disappoint. This is an extremely affordable resort that is nestled in the middle of the main drag in Cancun.

This was the first Riu we stayed at where literally our drink never got empty. The bar tenders and service staff really take care of you here, and make you feel welcomed. The food was very very good. If you've stayed at any other Riu Palaces it is basically the same themed restaurants.

The resort did seem kind of tiny; a somewhat odd layout. There are only two pools, which compared to other Riu Palaces is unusual. And one of the two pools pretty much no one really uses. The other larger pool had ample lounge seating. There really isn't much of a beach area either when I think about it. Once again, there were plenty of chairs, but the total area was fairly small.

You can take a cab or bus to various areas outside of the resort. Honestly, go with a bus it was 19 pesos, which is literally like $1.50. Compared to a cab ride that averaged 15 US dollars. We had zero issues outside of the resort - found an amazing burrito joint called Surf Burrito - outstanding food there. We walked around to other touristy areas (the gift shops, Hard Rock Cafe, etc) and, once again, had nary an issue. We only wished that the weather was more cooperative as it rained a lot, and it was chillier than expected. But I can't blame that on the resort. All-in-all this is an affordable all inclusive that fit all of our needs nicely. I'd absolutely return here.

1  Thank Nick M