“We were FLYING!!”
Review of Jetpack Adventures

Jetpack Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: By mixing the finest environmentally safe technology with the most spectacular scenery, a trilogy of outstanding activities, which combine air and water, was created. At the same time a new kind of adventurer was born; they are called the "aqua-riders". Become one of them, master all three activities and ride with the wind... that is... if you dare!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

in 41 reviews
"pedro"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed 5 November 2018

While in Cancun, I went to several different tour booking kiosks in one of the malls until I found the best deal for the Jetpack adventure. I have always wanted to try it, and knew it would be tricky, so I purchased a full hour. I showed up about an hour early to the appointment, but since it was low season and they had no other customers they let me get right into it. I noted the prices on their menu were probably over double what I paid the guy in the kiosk. My driver was Fancisco, who was very friendly and turned out to be very skilled at giving the right amount of throttle (it's the person sitting on the personal watercraft that controls the throttle/jet thrust, not the person riding the jetpack, flyboard etc.). I'm pretty good with water sports and balance, so I was able to get the hang of flying pretty quickly and got pretty good by the end.

However, after an hour I was pretty exhausted and sore from sitting in the jockey seat and gripping the controls so tight. I would only recommend this activity to people who are VERY comfortable in the water and physically fit. It is also reasonably dangerous, as you can easily fall from 10+ feet or run into the personal watercraft that you are pulling behind you. You also need to be able to right yourself while strapped into the jetpack by the five-point harness in the event that you land face down. It was definitely tricky to learn to control the jetpack, and next time I think I would opt for the flyboard instead.

Overall though I had an absolute blast, and was able to dive the jetpack and almost do a 360 spin. You do have to be careful diving because the area they use is somewhat shallow, and I actually brushed the sandy bottom. I ended up purchasing the photo package, and was fairly happy with them. I did wish that the photographer had come back out towards the end of my hour to get some shots of when I was flying the highest. The biggest downside was the ridiculously high price of the photo package.

Reviewed 3 November 2018

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Great experience!! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Jordan was amazing! The photos they took were much better than this one I took from the dock. Thank you!!

Date of experience: October 2018
GuestS34, Guest service at Jetpack Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Thank you very much for taking time and sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community
we are glad to know that our services met your expectations and we are happy to read that we provide you with a good service and we gave you one of the best experience of your life, please. When you return to the area, don´t hesitated to visit us again. and I will be happy and honored to be able to personally take care of you. and offer you a special promotions.

my best regards