“Perfect location”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Living Room
Beach
The Building
The Building
living room
front view of the villa overlooking the main pool
bedroom #2
Main dining room
adult pool
bedroom 3
Dining Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 20 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

The apartment is in a perfect location in Cancun. We could not ask for a better place. Steps from the pool and the beach, which isn't very crowded compared to other beaches we've seen. Across the street is a mall with a nice grocery store on the second floor - this store is open 7 Am to 11 PM every day and has everything you might want for food or typical necessities (sun screen, toilet paper, beer, wine,..). We went there every morning to get breakfast / lunch items (fresh rolls, croissants,..) It's also a quick walk (3-5 minutes) to several nice restaurants, and there is a bus stop as well which can take you all along the hotel zone for 10 pesos per person (roughly 50 cents). The area is quiet and feels safe, perfect for families or retirees (this isn't the place to go if you are a college student looking to party it up). We slept at night with the windows open and felt safe. The apartment is well appointed with nice furniture and comfortable beds. My only recommendation regarding the apartment would to do some update to the kitchen and master bedroom's shower - at the very least replacing the shower head which shoots out painful sprays of water. But other than that, we think the apartment was nicely kept and comfortable, and we would definitely return to the same location if/when we return to Cancun. Sitting on the balcony every morning watching the sunrise while sipping coffee was wonderful. The kids had a blast with the bodie boards which were available in the apartment.

The villa is also within easy walking distance to a fancy mall (10 minute walk or so) where there are several restaurants to check out. We ate at one there - La Parrila but feel the food was only average / a tourist trap.

Regarding airport transportation, Linda set us up with Gustavo for pick up/drop off. During our stay, we contacted Gustavo who also set up transportation for us to go to Puerto Morales to do some snorkeling. The drivers were punctual and professional, prices reasonable ($75 for round trip to airport, $80 to Puerto Morales for family of 6) and I would definitely hire him again in the future.

The 2 local restaurants (less than 5 minutes walk from the Villa) which we recommend are La Destileria and El Fish Fritanga. Both offer very good fresh food and drinks. The mole sauce at La Destilera is the best I've had in many many years. We did also eat at Fred's which is about 1 KM from the villa (an easy 15 minutes walk) which was good, but we didn't feel worth the money compared to the other 2 places.

The villa is also within easy walking distance to a fancy mall (10 minute walk or so, near the aquarium) where there are several restaurants to check out. We ate at one there - La Parrila but feel the food was only average / a tourist trap.

23 Jan 2018
Nothing makes me feel more satisfied than to hear that you enjoyed your vacation. Thank you so much for choosing us and hope to see you soon again!
Sheri C
“Perfect Location, Incredible View and Beautiful Beach!”
Reviewed 4 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

I just returned from a weeks stay at this Villa and I must say it was a Great Alternative to staying at an All Inclusive! This place has Three beautiful pools one literally outside the Villas Door and the Beach is just beyond the Pools. The pools were not crowded and I loved not having to reserve chairs at the crack of dawn during Spring Break. The Snack Bar at the main Pool was not open and I heard from several residents that it has been open in the past but does not seem profitable so it does not remain open. The Villa itself is just as you see it in the pictures and beautiful views from the downstairs and two of the bedrooms upstairs. The furniture in the villa is all fine however the bedding however clean is dated. The mall is literally three minutes away with lots of stores and a grocery store. Bus is So easy to take and only 10 pesos per person.
Linda was very informative, responsive and the Man and his wife who manages the villa for Linda were Beyond helpful!

Your age range 50-64
23 Jan 2018
It was great having you! I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation. Thank you and I hope to see you soon!
jessicaha...
North Branch, Minnesota
“Beautiful view, average condo.”
Reviewed 4 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We had a great time in Cancun, Linda was helpful to us. The man who takes care of the condo was helpful and kind as well, although it was difficult because he did not speak english. I realize that it is Mexico, and I don't expect them to speak my language, but it was hard to communicate issues that we had. The condo was okay, but while we were there, many things went wrong. First, we arrived and wandered down to the pool, only to get yelled at and disrespected by some of the other condo owners who apparently don't appreciate the people who just "visit" while they "have to live there". There were a large number of them that were kind, but a few were very rude and crabby. We found that there was one pool that we were "unwelcome" at. Then, when we arrived, the air conditioning wasn't working. So we slept the first night in miserable sticky heat. They came and spent hours, said they fixed it, but it was not fixed. So again, we slept in sticky heat. We woke up on the third day and headed downstairs, and suddenly I slipped and found myself flat on my back, having smashed my head on the wall and my elbow on the floor, as the ceiling had started leaking during the night and the floor was covered in water. Again, they came and spent hours fixing it, but they didn't have the correct parts (I think.... it's hard because they don't speak English) so it took until that evening to have it working. So, there were people in and out all day, which makes it hard to relax when there are strangers in your condo. Also that morning, after we cleaned up the mess on the floor and I took an Advil for the bump on my head, we made coffee. The coffee pot apparently did not work, because it made a HUGE MESS on the floor and all over the cabinets and countertop. It was spilling water and grounds all over the place and we couldn't get it to stop. We finally just had to sent the whole thing in the sink and wait for it to be done, and clean up that mess. A few other minor inconveniences, but again, it's Mexico. The beach was absolutely beautiful. We could not have asked for a better view. If you are a young family, or an older couple, this place was great, (aside from the problems). But if you are looking to stay up late and listen to music and "party", this is not the place. Most of the people here are retired. You had to be out of the pool by 9. We didn't mind this at all. We loved that the staff was on top of any and all rule breakers, it made for a more relaxing vacation for us, but for some, it might be frustrating. All in all, I would give it a 6/10. Which, for Mexico, isn't a bad number.

6 Mar 2017
I'm very sorry you had a bad experience with some of the owners I must I'm surprise, people there are usually very welcoming to tourist. As far as the A/C I apologize but do to the a proximity to the ocean they take a beating and have to be replaced every so often which was done immediately although it does take time for the tech to purchase a new one and set it up. I must say that each room has an a/c and it was unfortunate that it was the room you were staying at. I understand they did try to fix it meanwhile the new one was purchased and installed. I'm terribly sorry about the leaking due to the a/c and your fall. The coffee pot has been replaced. I have asked the property manager to make sure everything works like it should. Please accept my apologies and if you decide to comeback to Cancun I will make sure you have a great time with zero mishaps.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

24 Feb 2017
I'm so happy you enjoyed your vacation and hope to see you back soon!! Thank you!
Carrie E
Edmonds, Washington
“Location, beach, amenities, this place has it all!”
Reviewed 27 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

Our family of 5 just came from a 12-day stay at Linda's villa. It is beachfront living at its finest. From our first contact with Linda and throughout our stay, things could not have gone smoother. There is a 24-hr., on-site contact person if you need help with anything. It does help if you know some basic Spanish but not totally necessary. It is in the upscale part of the hotel zone, has a beautiful swimming beach with many lifeguards. Worth noting that the surf was strong at that time of year, but we swam in the ocean every day. For those that don't care for ocean swimming, the complex has 3 pools, rarely crowded. Linda's particular unit is located in a perfect spot; corner with fantastic views and easy access to the main pool, beach, and grand palapa right outside the unit, where my husband would sit each morning and drink his coffee. The entire condominium complex is kept very secure and clean. It was so nice to have the new grocery store in the mall across the street, 3-minute walk to bus stop, taxis outside the complex, police and fire right around the corner, restaurants and shops in either direction. The location of this condo couldn't be better, and contact with Linda was a breeze. We can't wait to return!

28 Dec 2016
Thank you Carrie it was a pleasure having you. Most important I' glad you had a good time and hope you felt at home. Thank you!
rmcgimsey
Denver, Colorado
“A great bargain, peaceful and convenient location”
Reviewed 9 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband, 20 month old daughter and both grandmas stayed in Linda's condo Nov 2-8, 2014. She arranged airport transfers for us which were prompt and reasonably priced, also including a carseat for my daughter, free of charge. Overall we were very pleased with the condo - it was great to have the bedrooms on a separate floor from the kitchen & common areas. We could put our little girl to bed and still stay up talking or playing games. The beach is very nice and easy to get to, with a short walk down some stairs and through the pool area. The lifeguards and security staff were all very professional and friendly.

There is a bus stop just a 3 minute walk from condo, so convenient. We bought groceries at the new Super Chedraui market near the convention center, but on our last day, another beautiful supermarket opened in the Kukulkan Mall, right across the street. This a MAJOR bonus for our next visit! There are plenty of restaurants in easy walking distance (considering we had a stroller to contend with, this was very nice). We loved La Habichuela Sunset for a fancy dinner out in a lovely outdoor setting. Santo Mariscos, just next to La Destilleria, had the BEST tacos for a great price.

We would definitely stay in Linda's condo again - we like being more independent, being away from the noisy pool-bar scene at all-inclusive places and not having all the excesses of electricity and wastefulness found in many of the major hotels.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
cortez36
Laredo, Texas
“Spectacular Vacation”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

This place is amazing. The views you have from every room are awesome. Every room has a separate air condition that works good.(hard to get that in Mexico) The kitchen is large and has everything you need I really enjoyed cooking breakfast in the morning with the view from the kitchen. The beach is literally 100 yards from the door. I loved the fact that we were able to go back and forth to your room in no time. They have boogie boards and sand buckets for the kids. The beach was amazing and the lifeguard is constantly checking the riptide. I loved this place and can't wait to come back

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Views
Liked least: Store on site was small
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing