NIZUC Resort and Spa
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$886
US$1,007
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
2,652 results
All reviewsla puntaterra nostraocean suiteadult beachperuvian restaurantplunge poolgolf cartmain buildingcevicheminutes from the airportfour seasonsbeautiful propertybreakfast buffetclose to the airportkids clubbutler servicecancun airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We live and work in Manhattan so we are use to great food and options. We'd stayed at Ritz, 4 Seasons, Caneel Day, Little Dix Bay ( BVI) , Grand Velas and other 5 star places. Nizuc is right up there and SERVICE AND AMENITIES TOPS ALL OF THESE OTHERS! Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the limited, small beach. Caneel Bay ( St Johns USVI tops on this w/7 PRIVATE BEACHES!!!)

Nizuc Resort and Spa exceeded all our expectations in all other categories.. While it is costly and we chose the Endless Indulgence Plan ( Better deal than "a la carte") it was worth every penny and more!

Nizuc is at the end of the hotel zone so iit is about 25 mins form airport and removed from the crowds, hustle bustle. The door way is relatively unimpressive but once that wooden door opens up, you are transported into a world of exquisite beauty- elegant, esthetically perfect architecture from every angle ...........even if you are waiting at side elevator. the view is PERFECTION, BALANCE AND FENG SHUI all the way!

Service is impeccable from your own butler ( ours was Osuardo from 7-3pm and Mauricio from 3 - 11pm.) Both were great but we tended to work w/more with Osuardo. He went out of his way to help,, please, work with you. This was the same for every single staff person from those who drove the golf carts to the housekeeping staff to the reception to the waiters to the gardeners! They were all so kind, positive, pleasant and just so helpful!

The rooms, the amenities, golf cart drivers,the pools and the food were tops! And again we live and work in NYC- We ate at Ni, La Punta de la Playa, Terra Nostra and Lounge above Terra Nostra.. The views from each of these were gorgeous as was the service. Most importantly the food was always fresh tasty and FAR TOO MUCH! We never tasted any desserts as we were too full before meal was over We never finished a meal and hated to waste so much WIshed they'd give you a choice for smaller portions.

The housekeeping was great! Always on time, kept everything spotless even when we told them we did not need the service .........the little sweets they left at night were so delicious and just perfect to top the end of the day! Most hotels' late night' chocolate snacks do not taste good!

Nizuc prides itself in maintaining a zen like healthy, balanced enviroment. Everything is there to make you feel relaxed and comfortable. but healthy! This is NOT the place for those who want loud disco music and tons of action ( such as motor boats, jet skis). Low impact sports, swiming, snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding are it! If you wan to unwind and relax and enjoy the beauty of nature within a gorgeous esthecally perfect setting, then Nizuc is it!

We were concerned that since we stayed in a building further from the main lobby, we'd have to constantly wait for a golf cart driver to come pick us up. This was not the case, There was always a golf cart with driver if you needed one right at the door downstairs and again the butler, Osuardo or Mauricio was right there to help!

Extra special amenity!!! Nizuc provided small spray bottles of bio-degradable insect repellent for each guest - so as not to upset the environment, I dont recall any other hotel offering this amenity! While what I mentioined might be minor for others it meant a lot to us because we are at the stage where we want to relax in a comfortable setting without having to worry or hassle about anything. Nizuc's staff and whole resort offered this for us.

Kudos to the entire staff especially to our butler OSUARDO ( Tzalam Building 9 - rm 921)
Thank you for making our vacation so unique, memorable and unforgettable

BTW- trips to Chichen Itza, Tulum ;Coba or elsewhere can be arranged by your butler. And unlike what some other TA said, we were able stay till 3pm ( beyond the 12pm check out time) or even later...........without any problems since our flight was not till 6pm. Only cost would have been anything we ate after 12pm would be 'a la carte' as the Endless Indulgence Package ended at 12pm check out time. THis was as we expected and we were so happy to be able to eat lunchy there in comfort and stay in our room and use the facilities till 3 pm or later if we had wished!

THANK YOU NIZUC........and recommending you to all our family, friends and colleagues!

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the beach and most of the restaurants ask for buildings closer to beach. Even though golf carts/drivers are always available, it would have been far more convenient for us and we'd probably go to the beach/pools more had we stayed in those buildings rather than in the 4 high rise buildings closer to Terra Nostra. But the plus was the peace and total privacy on these terraces................nothing but the mangrove and sea in front of you but NOT the beach.
8  Thank RH12571
NIZUC R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at NIZUC Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa. We focus in making every guest stay, a memorable one. We appreciate your positive comments on our property, restaurants, spa and staff; certainly they encourage us to keep improving every day.

We will let know Oswaldo and Mauricio about your kind words.

Hoping to have you among our distinguished guests again in a near future, receive our warmest regards.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

After never visiting Mexico before, I was very skeptical. I was afraid of the food and the water situation. Within seconds of entering the resort, all of my worries melted away. The property is beautiful. The architect who designed everything...down to the furnishings has impeccable modern taste and has created an oasis in what most people think of as a party mecca. The food is phenomenal. Every establishment has a classically trained chef for each food specialty and the spa is a true Espa spa with many extra's added to the basic service. I must say that my favorite part of the stay was my butler, Oswaldo. He went out of his way to make sure every request was taken care of. He would even come find me on the beach to answer any request that were made that morning and somehow always popped in at all of the right times without being intrusive. I can't say enough good things about Nizuc!!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank LoriPLux

Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa. We appreciate your positive comments on our property, certainly they encourage us to keep improving every day. We will let know Oswaldo about your kind words.

Hope to have you visiting us again in a near future.

Please receive our warmest regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was actually beginning to dread my trip here after reading all the reviews (although I did appreciate the heads up about the over-priced weak liquor drinks and was smart enough to get a bottle of tequila and some mix at duty free shop!)
First off it's the closest hotel from the airport so it was a less than ten minute $17 USD shuttle ride.
The second I stepped onto the property I was immediately wowed - and I mean WOWed. It is gorgeous, flat out gorgeous. Is the style how I would design or decorate my house? No, but you have to respect and appreciate what they did here with the entire design, the grounds, the public spaces and the rooms all have the makings of an architecture award(s)! None of the photos on their website or private photos do the place justice.
Now to the prices - yes it's expensive but honestly when I saw the breakfast buffet I didn't blink at $45 - it's incredible. The freshness, massive selection, attention to detail here I have only seen one other time in Thailand. Unreal. You can eat a late breakfast here, have an afternoon snack and not be hungry again until dinner.
The service was divine, and reminded me very much of Asia. Instead of giving you a slight bow with hands clasps, the staff here puts their right hand across their heart and says good morning/afternoon/evening every time they see you - EVERY member of the staff. I have not one complaint for one second, they were exemplary.
On to the spa...I don't take this lightly when I saw this is the most amazing spa I have ever been to in my life. Again the design is out of this world, the staff personally guide you through each of the different rooms - changing room, sauna, jacuzzi, cold plunge, ice room, on and on until you are like butter before you even have your massage. The massage knocked me out, I didn't think I could get up to leave it was that good.
The only dinner I had on property was at Indochine and it was excellent, sushi, papaya salad, curry soup and a lovely margarita...
The beach attendants were spot on with towel service and anything we needed, room service was spectacular.
Our room was just amazingly huge, tall ceilings, huge wall of windows with motorized blinds, custom curtains, the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was gorgeous with a double vanity, kohler soaking tub, elephant shower head and it's own seating area...my only complaint was the water closet door did not shut and was a very open design...no privacy at all which could be bad for dating couples vs. married like us!
Regardless this was a place and an experience I shall never forget. Yes it's audaciously priced but that's not going to stick with me like the memories!

4  Thank KEO

Distinguished Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa. We appreciate your positive comments on our property, restaurants, spa and staff, certainly they encourage us to keep improving every day.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

(First reviewed January 2014)
We have just returned from Nizuc, our second trip there in 3 months!. Everything is as good as we remembered from our first trip in December, Although the weather was pretty perfect this time. The staff were just as attentive, the food was just as good and the accommodation was superb.
Usually when you go back a second time it's never as good as the first, not so with nizuc. Keep it up!

Room Tip: all rooms are lovely and if you are a way from the main building, its fun getting back and forth in the very plentiful golf carts.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sidneyoz

Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa. We focus in making every guest stay, a memorable one. We appreciate your positive comments on our property; they encourage us to keep improving every day.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Background: My wife and I have now been to Cancun three times. Our first trip was an all-inclusive six years ago that will not be named, or returned to. December 2012 we stayed at Le Blanc and you can find my review from that on my profile. This spring, per our travel agents advice, we decided to try Nizuc.

Early 30's with 2 young kids (that we left at home) coming from Las Vegas, looking for a luxurious, adult's only all-inclusive getaway.

We stayed in an Ocean Suite (Building 1, room 124) and went with the Endless Indulgence package (because of when we booked we received mini-bar and in-room dining with our package. Due to our agent being a member of Virtuoso, we received one-way transfer and daily hydrotherapy)

Ratings are 1 (lowest) through 5 (highest) and Nizuc vs. Le Blanc stated as (#/#):

Food/Beverage: 5/4
Both have excellent food. Nizuc will get some negative reviews, but it is not for the food or drink quality, it's for the prices. We did not care about pricing b/c of the package and the food does not disappoint. The reason Nizuc edges Le Blanc is because of beverage quality, food choice and quality, and atmosphere of each of the restaurants and bars.

Le Blanc has excellent food, but the drinks are not in the same class as Nizuc and the atmosphere is not even close. With that said, food quality and selection is what really matters, and Le Blanc holds up strong here.

Rooms: 4.5/2.5
Nizuc's rooms are, in one word, stunning, If you have the option and are a couple, stay in building 1 (followed by 2,3,4 for an easy walk everywhere) Room 124 faced the crystal blue cove and the 20's are the top floor (only 2 floors in the building). The other side of the building also has great ocean views and will allow you to view the sunset. We preferred waking up to the cove view. Lighting in the bathroom during the day is suspect, and the light switches throughout the rooms can be tricky to figure out. As well, management/ownership should consider providing mosquito coils or citronella candles on the patios, as during dusk you will get eaten if you do not put on bug spray (an annoyance to have to do in Cancun.) AC only goes down to 68, so leave it on the cool/high fan mode rather than auto and turn on your ceiling fan!

Le Blanc's rooms are nothing special. Good views with no balcony to speak of. Small bathrooms and no real sitting areas. With that said, we do not spend much time in our room other than 1-2 hours getting ready at night and, of course, sleeping. If you don't care much about your room, ignore this rating!

Spa: 5/5
Like the rest of the property, the spa is amazingly designed and extremely relaxing. My wife and I disagreed on a rating for this category: She liked the fact that, at Le Blanc, she could guide her way through hydrotherapy, there was a very warm jacuzzi, and lots of amenities after a shower like brushes, blow dryer, q-tips, etc. I don't need amenities or a jacuzzi, I liked the cold plunge pool, the warm pool with various relaxing water features, and the mystical shower with ice scrub. Also, the body scrub for the steam room is pretty amazing.

Service: 5/5

Both have excellent service. Nizuc does much better at servicing customers pool/beach side, but Le Blanc does very well by having multiple bars open at once and a dining option open all-day with a large variety.

Now, for other things that we consider important to us, and you might too (or might not):

Activities: Nizuc has NO activities besides un-motorized water sports. I would look forward to Le Blanc's pool volleyball each day and my wife and I both enjoyed the bands, shows, wine tastings and other variety Le Blanc provided on a daily basis. This was a big sticking point for us, as days tend to drag and each night was done after dinner with no options other than going back to the bar we started the night at

Adults Only: I guess I should have prefaced this by saying this review is intended for adults only travelers. If it helps those with families/kids, fantastic. With that said, Le Blanc IS adults only. We really enjoyed that aspect. Nizuc has an adults only section, but frankly, it's the lesser of two pools and a very poor beach when compared to the family side. We found our spot, a cabana in a quit area overlooking the cove, but it wasn't the same as having a pool/bar directly in front of you where you didn't have to listen to screaming kids playing in the pool.

All-Inclusive: Again, Le Blanc include EVERYTHING but expensive wine. If you don't get the endless indulgence package, expect to pay a pretty penny for food and drinks (including bottled water.)

Spa: As you've probably noticed, we like the spa and love daily hydrotherapy. If you don't, ignore the lines about it! Le Blanc include as much hydrotherapy as you want, and the spa packages are much more reasonable. As well, many stays include a resort credit where a portion is good for spa. Nizuc packages are very expensive, however some of them are very good and unique.

I hope this review helps. I will miss my pool side amigo's Hector and Hector (yes, there are two of them.) Nizuc was fantastic. Will we be back? Like life, I guess it depends on the price/packages! available

Room Tip: If you are not with a family with small kids, go for lower number buildings. Building 1 is the main building and is very convenient. 20's is the top level and part faces the cove while part faces the ocean/sunset.
13  Thank mlbidna

Distinguished Guest,

We appreciate your comments on our property, certainly encourages us to keep improving every day.

Hoping to have you back at our Resort in the near future, please receive our warmest regards.