“Amazing whale shark experience with friends ”

Caribbean Connection
Book In Advance
More Info
US$190.00*
and up
Whale Shark Swimming in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Caribbean Connection is one of the largest marine tour operators in the Mexican Caribbean. Home of the famous Whale Shark swimming tour along with the Contoy Island Ecoadventure (a federal reserve and bird sanctuary), Isla Mujeres all inclusive and diving.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked an adventure with Caribbean Connection to swim with whale sharks with some friends as a graduation trip and it was by far one of the best experiences of our trip. We were guided by Ricardo and Dorian, who made sure we could swim with the whale sharks as many times as we could. After that we all went to Isla Mujeres to swim at a stunning beach with turquoise water full of fish.
The staff was attentive to all our needs, explained lots of interesting things and made the whole experience an unforgettable one.
Absolutely recomendable for everyone!!!

1  Thank anna-recasens
"sea sickness"
in 14 reviews
"small breakfast"
in 5 reviews
"the crystal clear water"
"amazing experience"
in 21 reviews
"open ocean"
in 9 reviews
"wear a life vest"
"bucket list item"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What an experience! Captain (and Chef) Armando & our guide, Angel, were a true dynamic duo that provided our family with memories that will last a lifetime. Angel was amazing, patient and kind with our family of various skill levels -- even guiding along our 9 year old to "a fantastic whale shark experience".

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked via the whale shark daddy - Rodrigo who was very helpful. On the day our guide Diego and captain Joseph were both fantastic - really nice guys and yes we saw them and yes they are just awesome - we sort of planned our 3 week trip to Mexico around seeing them and we were not disappointed

1  Thank LisDanWorcsUk
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I did this adventure with Captain Julian and Guide Diego. Next time we go it will be with them! They are incredible! So attentive and helpful! I was way out of my comfort zone and Diego held my hand the entire time and got me within a few feet of the Whale Sharks... an awesome experience with the best 2 guides ever! We also saw sea turtles on our way out to the sharks and manta rays swimming with the sharks.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Since I was a child and Jacques Cousteau's show was on a television that received four channels through an aerial, I have wanted to see a whale shark. (That's a long time, by the way.) This day, we saw about 150. I don't think Diego and Julian actually summoned this many whale sharks--but, on the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they did. They ran the tour that efficiently and effectively.

It was the first REAL day after several days of closed ports (for a storm), and there was more traffic than usual. The fellows got us situated in good time, though.

Caribbean Connection runs a fine service--for rousting us at oh-dark-thirty for a ride to the port (a solid hour away), they provided as much of a breakfast as anyone would want who is about to embark on a trip into the open sea. We boarded the boat with a bit of kerfuffle because they are moored three or four deep, but there was plenty of personnel on hand to help us clamber across the other boats. (Worth noting: We came with all our own gear because we're fussy that way. But you can rent or borrow EVERYTHING onsite, and it's good stuff, Maynard.)

Once underway, it was an hour-plus to the whale sharks (with a short detour around a pod of dolphins, which was pretty cool). Husband and I sat in the back of the boat, which was nice and private but utterly without sun cover--which would be a problem on the way back (as we are old, very pasty, and largely unaccustomed to sun at all, being from Erie, PA). The process of cycling everyone in the boat through a series of short in-the-water experiences (to ensure that everyone gets to see the whale sharks before the majestic creatures give up on human beings swimming through their breakfast and retreat to the depths) was slightly exhausting ... but it DID let all of us see these critters up close. There are 750,000 words in the English language, and none of them is sufficient to describe how awesome the experience is.

The rest of the time was spent bobbing around on the surface, which was less than idea. Personally, I could have dispensed with the random hour of add-on splashing around time on Isla Mujeres, but then, I have already outed myself as old, pasty, and un-sun-savvy. On the upside, Diego's enthusiasm did not flag for a moment as he led the rest of our party off to see big fish in the snorkel zone. Meanwhile, Julian created the second-best ceviche I have tasted in a long life of tasting ceviche. So it's not like we suffered out there.

Bottom line: If the whale sharks are on your bucket list, as they should be, go out with Caribbean Connection and insist on Diego and Julian, who run an excellent program with no drama and excellent fish.