“Adventurous and Fun”

Restaurante Benazuza
Ranked #1 of 977 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Benazuza Restaurant we look to innovate through original recipes. We intend to surprise you with a different style throughout the large restaurant options in Cancun. Therefore, our Chef has developed a unique menu that allows you to experience "molecular" cuisine in an environment where the food becomes the protagonist of the evening. In Benazuza you will find a modern cuisine with Mexican influences. Pure and refined flavors offered in a degustation menu that consists of a series of dishes that will give you a broad overview of this original and fun cuisine.
Chicago, Illinois
“Adventurous and Fun”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Your eyes, nose and tastebuds are in for a treating over 20 courses of ultra-modern, molecular cuisine. Nothing is as it seems, and everything about the meal is interesting.

“Complimentary Breakfast”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Went for the free breakfast. Make sure to book upon check in! We forgot to book and were forced to take the very last 2 spots on our last day was all that was left.
The breakfast was delicious one of the best I have ever had. Its not a menu style instead it is 9 set courses which are sent to your table in sequence. It was a nice change from the regular buffet dining.
A MUST if you are staying at the Oasis Sens.

dc
“Very Unique”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Don't miss this unique taste experience. 19 different sub-courses over the 8 course meal. Each taste unique and exquisite

Quebec City, Canada
“Food very good but service very long”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I loved the food and the concept but the service is very long... be patient. Everything will be presented with tha share your plate concept.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Stephane_Bergeron
New york
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dinning experience by far!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This place is amazing!!! My fiancé and I always try new places in New York. Although not very well world- traveled New York offered so much of everything that it seems you can never finish going to a new place! And we've been to so many!

Nonetheless, the point I'm making is that this place was amazing!! I wish I would have made the reservation for earlier and for breakfast as well!! :(

We went dressed up and it totally fit the bill for the decor of the restaurant! It was very classy and quiet!! Easy on the eyes black and white patterns. We got there on time and were asked to sit by the bad and wait while our table was being prepped-- they phrased it better I'm just such a New Yorker in phrasing it this way! Lol any-who, so we sat by the bar and the Batista began her magic show. She was soo friendly and knew great English (which totally would have been fine if she didn't! You're in a new country-- embrace it!!) As she served us she spoke in pun and kind of a few riddles which was so much fun! The guy above me mentioned margaritas on a like with jello liquor! I was just explaining this to a coworker a few minutes ago LOL then we had these pineapple martinis with cotton candy that got melted with liquor yummmmmm along with "worms" and this spin off of Taquila which was like whitefish foam almost like when you boil milk. Sooo good I can't even describe the taste but all I know is everything followed a palate and you could sense you taste buds being invoked in every few item they brought out!

After about 6 different drinks, we were escorted to our table. It was so cozy and comfortable. I sat in the inside part of the table. My side was actually a long couch that other guests at other table sat in a well but far away from you-- which was nice compared to being snug with random people over dinners. It was all so clean and just pretty with some flowers on it! My fiancées chair was comfortable as well! The walls of the restaurant have amazing quotes about life and food and also have pictures of the chef and what seems like enlarged magazine and newspaper articles! They're all in black and white and just for nicely with the decor! Nice dinner lighting completed the place!

Our waiter came and was just so polite and took his job very seriously!! He inquired about any allergies etc and handed us menus. First I thought there weren't that many things to pick from because there were headlines in bold and then a list of about 2/3 things from each selection which I thought were different parts of dinner. I actually told my fiancé darn he's going to have to translate everything here because I only recognized pescado for fish and a few other things LOL but then to my surprise he didn't come to take our order but instead starts bringing stuff out! And I realized woww we're getting everything in that menu!

Now to be fair I'm a light water but fiancé whose 6'3" and weights 230 is not! And he thought because the portions were small, although it was like 15 different servings, that we'd need room service after-- but we did not!!!!!!

The food was amazing! The method which they served the different foods was great! The waiter always gave us a back story and explained how to eat it! Some of it was for tasting purposes and some was just for fun to compete! I have a whole bunch of pictures I'm going to post! I don't want to explain all the food because that was the reason why this place was spectaculous in how the food was served and what it was! All I'm going to say is that the flavors were amazing, nothing was over done, everything had is own palate that just stayed in your memory!

We both recommend this place soooo much we were hoping this chef had another one in New York! But no ;( unfortunately next time we're in cancun and if we don't stay at the Oasis Sens (which was a great resort as well-- review on their page) we're definetely coming to this restaurant!!

• Visited July 2014