“Very affordable stay with my...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
SUPERMARKETS CLOSE MY HOUSE
MAP FROM BUS STATION TO MY HOUSE BY  RENT A CAR
MAP FROM BUS STATION BY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
FROM AIRPORT TO MY HOUSE BY RENT A CAR
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Bill S
“Lies”
Reviewed 20 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Ad didn't add up to what it stated it was, once arrived at the house it was hot as hell. We asked was there AC he stated yes up stairs once we got up stairs we noticed that there was only AC in one of the rooms, the rooms that were suppose to hold up to 2 people beds were for 1 person twin size bed. Not to remind you the junk yard next door with locals laid out in front of it.

gerald s
“DO NOT RENT FOR THIS MAN!”
Reviewed 17 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

This was a terrible place. Let's start at the airport. The first driver saw the address and refused to take us there. The second driver would take us there but would not get out of the vehicle. This was our first clue that this is not in a good section of town. When we arrived, there is a junk yard next door with a passed out local on the sidewalk. Then Abundio came out of the house and said come in. As we walked in, we were greeted with a blast of hot air. Abundio informs us the house is not air conditioned. As we go upstairs we find only one room has one small a.c. unit in the wall. The room was considered cool at 85 degrees. Abundio does not see this could be an issue when it is 95 degrees outside with 100 percent humidity. This will cause the house to be over 100 degrees if there is any cooking or work to be done. The we go downstairs, as I am touring the rest of the house Abundio informs us we will have to buy water across the street since the tap water is undrinkable. As I open the refrigerator I saw food and bottles of liquor. I ask Abundio, " why is there food and bottles in there?" He replies, " that was left by the previous renters, it should be safe." Really! As I check the cabinets they also have left over food of unknown origin. Again really!
Now lets talk about safety of the building. The back patio door has been replaced with bi-fold doors made of glass. The is a gap that I can put my hand though all around the frame. The lock is a padlock brought from the hardware store for $2.00. The front door does not have a doorknob on it. Only a deadbolt. So unless you want anyone to walk in at anytime you must have the door locked at all times.
Now let's talk about Abundio. When we asked about getting some extra fans because of the heat he told us," take cold showers and you be fine." When we asked about maybe an extra cot or air mattress since there was three of us he told us, " go buy one at Walmart." When he says there are cabs 24/7 on the street he is right. Just try and get one to stop in that neighborhood. It can not be done. The last straw was when he informed me that I would have to pay extra since there were three of us. I showed him the email that said myself + 2 would be staying there. He informed me, "I did not understand what that meant so you need to pay more." My family and I said enough we are leaving. I found a cab by walking about a mile away and came back to get my family and left. In closing, DO NOT RENT FROM THIS MAN. His ad is deceptive,his customer service is nonexistent, there are serious safety concerns, his house is dirty from all the previous renters, and his house is next to a junk yard. If there was a way I could leave a review of less than one I would.

Jrpereira...
“Very affordable stay with my boyfriend/friendly,humble neighborhood”
Reviewed 5 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

The apartment is very spacious and big, plenty of space for a family of 4. Our room had air conditioning and the second bedroom has a ceiling fan but it was just the two of us so we were very comfortable!
Great location! We got the hang of the buses by the second day. Taxi's pass 24/7 down the block but the buses are only 8pesos and can be flagged down anywhere on the main road two blocks down! There's a store/bodega right in front of the apartment to buy anything you might need. Also a nice lady did our laundry for a great price across the street!
Nice and friendly area if you want to get away from all the annoying tourists/spring breakers! Abundio the owner was very sweet and was upstairs with his mother if we needed anything. I will strongly recommend to anyone that is looking to stay in Mexico! We can't wait to go back! The buses were super convenient, we would take a bus down the street to the downtown area and from there the big buses cost only 8.50pesos! We are super impressed! We were able to see as much places in such little time such as; chichen itza,tulum,viadolid, puerto Juarez, many other beaches and isla mujeres! This is the best place cost wise and location!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
6 Apr 2015
Thanks guys
This is the right place for travelers like you
cheaper, confortable and... Discover it for yourself.
We love serving our guest

We are excellent host!
Karen L
Phoenix, Arizona
“An Interesting Experience but very Inconvenient and a little Unsafe”
Reviewed 18 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

The host - Abundio - and his wife Beatriz were very kind and helpful. Beatriz picked us up at the Airport, otherwise we never would have found it. The area is strictly residential with a lot of dogs barking and roosters crowing. The busses are cheap (8 pesos each way to Cancun Centro, plus another 10.50 each way to the Hotel Zone) but usually overcrowded. The neighborhood is safe but the stairway leading to the upstairs bedroom and bathroom (no tub, only shower) was unsafe. The cable TV was usually dysfunctional. All in all, it was O.K.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Chris S
Newnan, GA
“Ideal if you want to experience the real Cancun”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

When we decided to visit Cancun, priority #1 was to avoid the hotel zone and try to see Cancun in a way most tourist do not. That led us to Abundio through Airbnb. We spent the nights of June 4 to June 8, 2014 and could not have enjoyed our experience more. Adundio is a wonderful host. He met us at the bus station, took us to some eateries patronized by locals, helped us arrange our rental car, and showed us around town. He lives just upstairs so he is accessible and willing to help at any time.
The house is in a modest but very friendly neighborhood. It is just across the street from a market and a an elderly woman who will do your laundry for extremely reasonable prices. We were able to see Cancun the way it is lived by the locals: we ate at their restaurants, bought from their fruit stands, mingled in their street markets, and tried our best to appreciate their culture. Through all of that, Abundio was like a trusted friend.
The house is spacious. Wifi works great, the AC in the bedroom is awesome, you have access to Netflix, etc, the place is clean and charming. We highly recommend you rent from Abundio if you want to see and learn about the real Cancun. We will certainly rent from him again if we ever get back.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing