“Love GR Solaris”

Ranked #33 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Love GR Solaris”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

GR Solaris was the best resort I've ever stayed at in Cancun. The staff was so helpful and nice! We made friends with one of the waitresses, Carmen Jimenez. She was so awesome and friendly. She made us feel like family. Thank you so much!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keli L
Sol H, Social Media Manager at GR Solaris Cancun, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you so much for your review regarding your stay in our Hotel. We loved reading that you enjoyed our facilities and also, thank you for pointing out how great our staff is especially Carmen.

We are looking forward to see you soon

Best regards.
^C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,066)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I cant say enough about the staff in this hotel, they'll do anything to make you feel at home always ask if you need anything, get what you ask for right away, they are courteous, and always smiling; starting with Frank at the valet station and our servers Emilio and Gilberto who were great from the get go! The food was great on the Friday gala dinner the other days was ok. There is food by the pool and plenty of drinks. I didn't like that they served beer in the lobby bar on a plastic glass but as long as you ask they'll give you a glass one you just can't leave with it. Our flight didn't leave until 3 so they extended the check out to 1230 we were very happy about that! The hotel has tile all over it gets slippery when wet, rubber flip flops recommended. I didn't care for the smell of the bath towels but they seemed clean. Pool activities are fun, we only attended one show which was the magic show and it was very entertaining even for adults. They have a shuttle that takes you to town of you want to party this is more of a family kind hotel. But here is an adults only pool/spa area.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Debora D
It is always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. We value your opinion as we are always looking for ways we can improve the guest experience. We are happy you enjoyed the Gala Dinner, we will inform our Excecutive Chef regarding our menus to see the dishes we can improve.

Looking forward to see you soon and exceed your expectations.

Kind Regards,
Spicer, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place. When we first arrived, my daughter had left her backpack on our transfer van. She was heartbroken as she had her blanket in there, within 10 minutes the concierge had tracked it down and got it back to her, right then i knew we were in good hands. It only got better! Everyone from the front desk staff, bellboys, concierge, wait staff, housekeeping..went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We dined at the Cafe Solaris daily for almost all our meals, I need to give a shoutout to Sr Solaya..he taught my son some Spanish and always had a smile! The entertainment staff is beyond superb, Jona, Danny, Ali and Christian made my kids feel so welcome and they had so much fun participating in all the activities...you guys are amazing!! Nico, and the rest of the concierges, thanks for the golf cart rides up the steep driveway! I have been to Cancun several times and have always chosen to stay at different resorts, not anymore! This place is great for families and couples, no worries about loud, obnoxious drunk kids wrecking your trip. If there is one negative, it is the beds, yes they are kinda hard but you can get a foam topper. I can't wait to return again later this winter....thank you everyone at the GR Solaris for making my kids' first trip to Mexico outstanding!!!

Alissa, Ryan, Dylan and Emma

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lissa0816
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay ar GR Solaris. It is great to hear that you liked our service since the begining. We will inform our staff about your feedback.

Thank you for taking your time to write your comments, we will inform our General Manager about them.

We are looking forward to see you on the winter.

Best Regards,
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Have to start by saying thank you to all the staff at GR Solaris. Especially the entertainment staff. My family and I arrived Nov 7. We stayed for one week and wished we had stayed longer. There weren't many kids that week but the staff did a great job keeping my kids happy in many of there activities around the pool. Fun was had by all ages. The food was great you never went hungry. From the poolside snacks to the deli at night even 24 hour room service. Dinner themes changed nightly, which made a great variety. The nightly shows were great, If you can don't miss any of them. My family and I have traveled before and we found this hotel one of the best we have been too! This property is not so big which made it that much better guests there got to know one another and join in on all the fun and become friends. One trip I highly recommend outside the resort is Isla Mujeres. Its a small beautiful island a must see. Take the local bus for $1.00 to the ferry. Then take the ferry for $20.00 us round trip per person. Then once on the island rent a golf cart for the day for around $40.00 us and go and explore the island absolutely beautiful. Gr Solaris we will definitely be back. Thank you for a great vacation!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
SolarisHotels, Social Media Manager at GR Solaris Cancun, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Thank you for pointing out how great our staff is. Thank you for taking your time writing your review.

We hope you come back soon

Warm regards,
grass valley
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is the third time I've been to the GR Solaris, and every time has been amazing! It's location on the water is perfect.. (no seaweed issues). The rooms have always been clean, the food is great, and the drinks are even better! The bartender I really liked was Eduardo, he worked fast and kept my drinks full:) The entertainment staff all together was very fun, and kept the party going! Rolando was awesome! He took us on the club excursion and made sure we were well taken care of:) I'm actually going back to the GR Solaris very soon, hope all my favorite people are still there!

Room Tip: I suggest facing the water, much prettier to wake up to.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
SolarisHotels, Social Media Manger at GR Solaris Cancun, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at GR Solaris, especially when its your third time. We appreciate mentioning Eduardo and the entertainmetn staff.

Please let us know when you visit us again, by email (info@hotelessolaris.com) or on our facebook page /GRSolarisCancun

Best regards,
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had a great holiday at Gr Solaris. All of the staff were very helpful and welcoming, they could not do enough to ensure everyone had a great stay.

After reading some of the reviews we were concerned about the food. However there was no need to be - at all meals there is a very wide selection, all of which were delicious. The omelets in the morning were especially good. Gilberto - was particularly a great waiter to us, very attentive.

The room was very spacious and clean, bed extremely comfortable and we did enjoy the animals made out of towels. One thing to mention is that this hotel takes enormous pride in cleanliness, which is great to see, and in maintaining the hotel facilities - e.g there is always someone touching up the paint or tidying up the garden.

We did very much enjoy the shows that were put on - the best being the Circus one and also the live bands in the evening. The entertainment team were great - always something to do. We stayed over the Halloween period - the decoration of the hotel was breath taking - we could have been in a zombie movie.

The cocktails were great also - I particularly the various flavored Daiquiri's!

While at the hotel we went to see Chichen Itza - a must and did some Snorkeling - saw turtles - amazing. Also walked 5 minutes down the road to see El Ray - the local Mayan ruin - very worthwhile trip.

The Gym and Spa were great - i had a fantastic back massage. The only downside for some is that WiFi is not included, this for us turned out to be a positive because we didn't use the Internet making it a much more relaxing holiday. I would say although the hotel says tips are included, it is useful to take some money for tipping the waiters - it does help to get better service.

All in all a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday. One of the smaller hotels on the strip which made it feel friendly and welcoming. We would definitely recommend Gr Solaris to friends and family.

Room Tip: We had a room to the side of the building - this meant we could see both the sea and Lagoon, if you...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review regarding your stay in our Hotel. We loved reading that you enjoyed our facilities and also, thank you for pointing out how great our staff is especially Gilberto.

We are looking forward to see you soon

Best regards.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I give GR Solaris Cancun my highest recommendation for not only exceeding our demanding expectations, but also for going the extra mile by organizing our wedding, we way we dreamed of.If you want to have a wedding at GR Solaris Cancun, contact Magali, and you will see how great she is! She was replying in 2 minutes after I would send an e-mail. She was there for me throughout the process.

We had a wedding at GR Solaris Cancun on September 20, 2013. Our wedding reception was amazing, unforgettable, magical. At least, this is what our friends and family, who have been to many weddings over the years, have been telling us. The reception was amazing, the food was excellent. We recommend the 3 wishes lobster to everyone! Until now, our friends are remembering it. Also, we had the best Dj-Mannia Cancun. My husband is American but I am Russian and my part of the family enjoys European music. I was not sure if it is possible to have it in Cancun. After discussing it with Mannia Cancun, it was not a problem at all. I provided the list with some of the songs and during the reception I could hear the best Italian, French, Spanish and Russian Songs. During the dancing: American and Russian repertoire.

We started to discuss our wedding about 3 months prior. Magali was always there for us. We had a beach reception, photo hour and dinner in open restaurant.

As for the basics, GR Solaris was easy to work with. They worked with us in a professional, timely manner. I should notice that when we got to Cancun 5 days prior the wedding, the weather was horrific. It was raining non-stop. I had a meeting with Magali and she told me not to worry and hope that the weather will change. We had a nice talk. I could not believe that it would stop raining because everyone around us were telling us that weather will get even worse. Hotel wanted to move the wedding indoors.

When we woke up on our wedding day it was sunny! I will be always grateful for Magali who believed that it wont rain and gave me hope during the time I needed it.

Again, if you want to work with professional people, who knows what they do in organizing the best evening you would never forget, you should contact the hotel. they are not only business people, they are people who cares and who has great hearts!

Room Tip: The room we had was an ocean view with a Jacuzzi. We pay a little bit extra, but it was worth it!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay in our hotel especially on your Wedding Celebration. Thank you for pointing out how great our staff is such as Magali, she works very hard to make each Wedding a memorable one. Thank you for taking your time writing your review.

We hope you come back soon