We stayed at this resort in February, and unless it was free...we would never stay there again ! We arrived about 2 am , there were two other couples checking in at this time, and we waited an entire hour to get checked in ! Completly unacceptable...We were given the "Im sorry, We are overbooked, we only have 2 rooms left ( yeah right) but for an extra $200 US per night we can upgrade you to an ocean view. " After already paying ALOT, we were not about to fall for this trick.Call me crazy, but when you book an all inclusive vacation,Your room should be available when you arrive !!
Our room was really nice, super BIG and clean ! The floors sparkled, and the bathroom was fantastic, It was split into two rooms, one in the back with a sink ,nice big shower ,and a toilet ...and another room with a double sink and HUGE counter and a closet with the safe in it. It was perfect .The bed was big and comfortable, We had a little cot in the room too, which was nice. We were on the 2nd floor and our room over looked the pool. We had a little deck , and even a hammock ! The pool was lit up at night and was very beautiful ....On the negative side, it was also overlooking the bar ! Which turned out to be a HUGE problem ..... The music at night was so loud it literally vibrated the glass tumblers across the table in our room,..which is fine..unless you need sleep !! This lasted until about 1 or 2 in the morning ... Not cool ... we put up with it for the first 3 nights, We didnt want to complain and ruin our vacation..but after a while we couldnt handle it any longer so I went down to the front desk and asked the manager for a different room. He agreed, and we were told they would put us in a room on the other side, AWAY from the lobby bar. That was great..until the next day when the bellboy took us to our new room..It was in the BASEMENT ,even closer to the bar ! So, I had to once again ask for another room ... We ended up in one of the rooms in the back , on the ocean side. It was definatly a downgrade, the room wasnt very clean, or well maintained, But the view was nice !! Beach front, we could walk down the steps from our room, and be right on the beach !
The location of this resort is really great though... Its perfect walking distance to everything. You can walk to downtown Cancun, and La Isla is also a short walk the other way. We stayed up on the end of the hotel zone last time, and found it was too far out of the way, this was much better.
The buffet at Albatros was really good, the cooks and waiters went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed, they were awesome ! The buffet by the pool, wasnt as great, not as much selection.
The drinks at the bar were pretty good, and if you tip when you order you will get a much better drink !!
Overall I would say this place falls short , It is a perfect location, but If you plan on relaxing at all..Go somewhere else, there are so many resorts to chose from !! Pick another one !!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a beautiful stretch of pristine white sands in the heart of Cancun's famous Hotel Zone stands the spectacular Gran Caribe Resort, welcoming couples, families, friends, and colleagues to relish all-inclusive luxuries, enjoy genuine hospitality, and explore the region's cultural heritage and vibrant entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Gran caribe resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Caribe Real Cancun
- Caribe Real Resort Spa
- Gran Caribe Cancun
- Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa
- Cancun Gran Caribe Real Resort
- Gran Caribe Real Hotel