Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
galahotels.com
US$488
TripAdvisor
9,875 results
All reviewshidden gardenhand massagemb restauranthabanero soupminute foot massageegos baraka barsushi stationazur restaurantmojito barrice artroom serviceswim up barocean fronta garden view roomspecial dinnerbeach bag
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. It was very relaxing (as their wristbands state) and we felt the staff catered to our every whim. (After the staff got to know us, they would even deliver our preferred drinks without us having to ask - poolside.) The food was delicious and there were several restaurants to choose from. The spa was excellent, and again, relaxing and comfortable. We felt that the staff treated us like royalty. I highly recommend this hotel to people looking for luxury and class (and peace) and thier lodging; they really have thought of everything.

Room Tip: Do upgrade, if need be, to a higher level so that you can see the ocean rather than trees that may block it at a lower level. Our room was just off of the elevator (but it was silent because their elevators don't make a ding sound) and it was center on the eighth floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leanne S
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your review, which contributes greatly to our improvement. I’m very glad to know that your stay with us resulted in such a pleasurable and memorable vacation.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Live Aqua Cancun in the nearest future.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband and I have been to Cancun several times, but this was the best! I know I'm a very picky person, but I have nothing negative to say. When you walk through the front doors, there's this wonderful aroma and it's throughout the entire resort. The service was great. We had a fabulous ocean front room that overlooked the pool area and the beach. The food was superb. There's only one restaurant on the property that you pay an addition fee. It was worth every penny. We had the biggest and most delicious lobster tails ever. It was an excellent dining experience. The resort is located in a great location. It's across the street from the mall and there are many other stores, restaurants and bars in walking distance. It was the best!!

Room Tip: Go with the ocean front and you will have a great view of the ocean and entire pool area.
4  Thank Janice196505
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband and I went to this resort for our honeymoon. We were there in July for 6 nights. From the minute we stepped in the door, my tensions from work and our home life (we just moved and bought a new house) were released. The smell of the oils, the music and the friendly staff welcomed me to our new home for the next 6 days. Between Helen, Anna and Diego, we were greeted and made to feel special. We had delicious tea while waiting to sign in. Our room was fabulous. They had asked if we wanted to upgrade to an ocean view and we declined because we weren't planning to stay in the room much. Luckily, we ended up having an ocean view anyway. The food is so fabulous. I had lunch at Azur everyday. The absolute best tuna tartar ever! The champagne/pear rissoto-simply divine. We loved MB and had a romantic dinner and a surprise of dessert from the staff to celebrate our honeymoon. the sushi bar was a great little treat for me. Fast and delicious! All of the pool bars were a blast including the "swing bar" (swings hang down to sit in vs. chairs). We made many friends and grew fond of some of our favorite bartenders. Then there was the bar outside of MB. We went several nights just to say hi to Santiago. He was friendly, warm, and always entertaining. He took care of us and seemed excited when we would stop in. He was hands down, our favorite person at Live Aqua. We both received 1 hour massages which was even more relaxing than the atmosphere. The staff surprised us 1 night with a bottle of wine in our room and surprised us with rose petals on the floor, the bed and in a drawn bath on the last night we were there!!!! What a fabulous way of making us feel welcome, loved and for them to celebrate our honeymoon with us. Our trip was romantic, fun and relaxing thanks to Live Aqua. I have told everyone about this resort. We will definitely go back!!!!!

Room Tip: People slamming doors in the middle of the night does get a little annoying. Luckily, we took a small fan with us for the trip that helped alleviate that noise.
1  Thank Carrie D
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. At Live Aqua Cancun we do try to give the best care to every guest and our most special attention is for those who share their unique moments such a Honeymoon with us. Thank you again for all your kind comments and recommendations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Live Aqua Cancun.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at Live Aqua from 7/15-7/29 (14 nights) to celebrate our six-year wedding anniversary. We’re 33 and 39 with no kids. We travel fairly often and consider an adults-only, all-inclusive resort our ideal vacation. We work plenty and are busy enough at home so we put high value on relaxation and food. We never left the resort during our entire stay! This was our second visit to Live Aqua. We also stayed 7 nights in July 2011. I have read every review since our stay last year with high hopes that the quality wouldn’t decline. After our most recent stay, I can say the quality has actually improved over the past year. If you’re looking for even more detailed information and LOTS of pictures, you can find them on my incredibly lengthy blog post that I write for friends and family. Please message me for the link as TA will not allow me to post it in my review.

Rooms - We started the trip with a gardenview room. Although there was no garden to be seen, we could see plenty of the water. Staying 14 nights really limited our opportunity to upgrade for the entire stay, so we decided to wait a few nights. The gardenview room itself was identical to all other oceanview or oceanfront standard rooms. The view is simply on the outside of the resort, rather than the inside. After four nights we decided to move to an oceanfront room on the eighth floor. The view was great. After another five nights, we upgraded to an Aqua Club room on the fifth floor in the center of the resort. Some people may not see the advantage of the Aqua Club, but we do. We enjoyed it last year and were happy to have access during the last five days of our stay. We used the Aqua Club most often for a light breakfast, mimosas, pre-dinner snacks and drinks. Ultimately, we liked it as another convenient and comfortable option outside of our room

Pools & Beaches – This year the drink service at the pool was outstanding. Later in the day, the largest pool could be a bit warm. It was fun to hop around to the different pools, but the view from the infinity pool was hard to pass up. The beach is beautiful! Despite the heat, the sand is perfectly cool.

Food - Just like last year, the food made our trip even better than we could have expected. After our stay in 2011, we assumed the quality of the food would suffer, but we were wrong. They actually offer several more lunch options, along with a sushi station in the evening. The menus are entirely different, but the food is still great. The presentation was great and the food just as good. The portions were controlled (Note: I said controlled, not small!) and the sides minimal. We usually ordered one or two salads/appetizers and two entrees...then maybe a dessert or two.

Restaurants - MB was once again our favorite restaurant. We ate there several nights and enjoyed every single meal. The white tuna was our favorite, followed closely by the beef tail ravioli. We ate at Siete many times for breakfast, once for lunch and four times for dinner. The breakfast buffet was very extensive with tons of hot dishes, cereal, and mimosas, screwdrivers, and bloody Mary’s. We really enjoyed the made-to-order tacos, available in beef, pork and chicken. While we were there, Siete for lunch varied from buffet to a la carte. Also, most nights, they only offered a buffet with a different theme, but we ate there the few nights they had an a la carte menu. The cochonitas were amazing. Azur was our favorite choice for lunch and our least favorite for dinner. During lunch we loved sitting outside and enjoying the breeze off the ocean. In Laa’Kech is a restaurant where we had to pay an additional $60 per person to eat. My husband had a hard time committing to eat here considering we had so many all-inclusive options, but we enjoyed a very fine dining experience.. All four courses were outstanding, especially the filet and lobster. The Room Service was outstanding! It was a very convenient option for breakfast and lunch. Our favorite was the chicken with spring pasta. The Sea Corner, sushi bar, hot dog & hamburger stand and paella hut were all a nice new addition since last year. The café also offered hot and cold coffee, pastries and desserts all day as well as Panini sandwiches at lunch.

Romantic Dinner - We were lucky enough to enjoy the resort’s Romantic Dinner on the Beach. Talk about romantic! It was so nice. The setting, the personalized attention, the food, and company made this our favorite night. Our main course was the most gigantic lobster tail we’ve ever seen! I couldn’t even come close to eating it all.

Bars - The AKA Bar is where we spent a lot of our time and it’s where we met nearly all of our new vacation friends. We would just ask them to make “a drink” and they would. We met so many people at AKA and always had a lot of fun. The service was always outstanding and they kept us coming back for more. Egos Bar is the “late-night” bar which closed at 1 am. We were able to make it up there a few nights during the trip and it was always fun. They played dance music and it was pretty busy. The Pool Bar is where the pool and beach servers went for our drinks. We also made our way up there on our own when necessary. The Swim Up Bar was exactly that. It was separate from the main pool area, so we never made it there. We also never made it to the Swing Bar located on the beach.

Spa - We had a couples massage at the spa and it was outstanding! The spa experience began with a one hour steam room, cold water plunge, hot tub, sauna, foot spa sequence. We were separate for this part, but were brought to an adjoining room when it came time for our massages..

Gym – A great gym with high quality cardio equipment. One of the better gyms I’ve seen with plenty of free weights, treadmills and elliptical machines.

Other Activities - We participated in a tequila tasting, wine and cheese tasting, and cooking class where we were provided with all the ingredients to make guacamole then given chips so we could eat our creation! On Friday night there was a fire show with a buffet and grill set-up outside. It was nice to sit with all of our new friends and enjoy the display.

Staff - Overall, the staff at Live Aqua make everything better. They truly go out of their way to make each guest happy and they never turn any request down. “Your Wish My Wish” is the Live Aqua motto and the staff represents that slogan well. We consider ourselves low-maintenance people, yet we still received A+ service every day. I had an unfortunate accident where I slipped on water at the AKA bar and sprained my MCL (the diagnosis when I returned home). The staff and on-site first aid was there within seconds. They wrapped my knee, gave me ice and helped me as much as they possibly could. The doctor came to my room the following day and when I saw various members of the staff throughout the rest of our trip they asked how I was. I was shocked and touched by how many guests and staff members were genuinely concerned about me. With that kind of attention, it was impossible to get down on myself.

Overall - Live Aqua is a place where you can relax quietly or party it up, as long as you meet the right people. We managed to do both and with the help of so many great people we met throughout the weeks, we had our best vacation ever. We never could have imagined we would have so much fun with so many different people from all over the world. We didn’t get sick of the food, drinks, fun, people, beach, pool or sun. Last year, we didn’t socialize much and this year we socialized with the best of them! In the end, each individual person determines their own joy. People whine and complain about the craziest things, but in the end it’s their loss. We had so much fun with no regrets and no complaints. We have memories forever. Thank you Live Aqua! We’ll be back.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

The hotel was a great hotel for adults looking for an all-inclusive. It is very luxurious and has great service. The only complaint I would have (and it is quite minor) is that they need better shower heads in the bathroom. If you are thinking about doing the Aqua Club don't do it unless you are going all the way for a suite. The extra benefits aren't worth it for a regular Aqua Club room. If you can get a suite for a good price do that otherwise just do the general room.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank wkopp

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback, it’s great to know that Live Aqua Cancun has met your expectations in different ways, such as service, facilities and rooms. There is always a room for improvement and your suggestions are very much appreciated.

We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.