Between the great location, beautiful beach, and fantastic facilities, Live Aqua has a lot going for it. Even above and beyond these compelling features however, are the staff.
We really were unable to fault any part of our 9 day stay. In fact, we found ourselves rather bemused by complaints we had read in other reviews prior to our trip.
The food choice and quality was very impressive for all-inclusive and surpassed our expectations. Breakfast could be busy at times, but we never had to wait long for a table, cooked eggs / quesadillas, or fruit smoothies (what a great addition!). Lunch was always a difficult decision between Azur and Sea Corner. We loved the outlook and vibe of Sea Corner, but the Baja tacos and desserts at Azur were also very hard to pass up. Dinner was always fresh and delicious wherever we went, and it is clear the chefs work exceptionally hard and always aim to please. Chef Eric was often seen around morning til evening making sure that everything was running smoothly and offering guests custom meal options. Similarly, the Siete Chef (whose name I can't remember, maybe Javier? - so sorry!) came around on two separate evenings to offer to make us 'whatever we like' despite the extensive menu plus buffet options!
It's true this isn't an activity based hotel, which had me wondering how we would spend our 9 days as typically very busy and easily bored people. Once we set ourselves up at the beach or by the pool, however, we didn't want to leave (lunch being the main exception) and the days almost flew past! For those who aren't as mesmerized by the ocean view for hours on end, there are 2 sport or game activities per day as well as things like guacamole lessons, tequila tasting etc a few times a week. The hotel also goes to the effort of evening poolside or beach parties (maybe twice a week?).
The pools were stunning. We found the range of temperatures to be just right. The chair game is an unfortunate actuality, but I would prefer that to an allocation system or not having a place to leave our things during lunch and a swim. The swim up bar could get pretty rowdy at times (and I admired the staff who worked there!) but it was easy enough to stay away from the area as it's not our kind of scene.
Onto the most important and impressive aspect of Live Aqua... the staff. The people of Live Aqua are what make it a truly great resort, and perhaps the biggest incentive for us to return - and it's a very long way for us to travel! Everyone was so friendly and gracious, no matter what their role, whether food service, poolside, or cleaning windows.
I am regretful I can't remember more names of great people we encountered, so will have to limit the special mentions to our main men: CARLOS, JESUS, GENARO and SANTIAGO. While we could have had our drinks brought to us by the wonderful poolside or beach waiters, we enjoyed going to see our new mates so much, we were more than happy to visit the Shore Bar, Azur Bar and even all the way inside to AKA Bar to get our drinks. These men not only made superb drinks ('skinny margarita no syrup' ;) ) but were great fun to talk to and really made our days. Also look out for Carlos' amazing fruit creations - so incredibly clever! We miss you guys!!
A sincere THANK YOU to ALL of the staff who made our trip truly memorable and special. We do hope to return as soon as we can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua