“Most of the staff here are Fantastic !!!!”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #5 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Most of the staff here are Fantastic !!!!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I went here with some friends . A husband and a wife . Im single . It was a very young crowd and mostly couples . The people I went with have been to Cancun a lot and I did not know they did not want to leave the property to do anything else !! I did not feel comfortable venturing out on my own , I recently had a total knee replacement . There is not a lot of entertainment or things to do ! The restaurants are average , food presentation is above average .Javier the main chef is very nice and will do anything for you !! Breakfast at the buffet is excellent . They have a chef display everyday at the pool and sample hors d'oeuvres that are excellent , they also cook specials at the pool daily that were also very good . The buffet is the best but they do close it if the occupancy is down ! Portions and taste at the other restaurants are lacking along with how long it takes to get your food !!!
There is a bar before you get to the buffet restaurant , Florentino & Istella are the best , service is good and they are both over the top nice .Try a mini beer - 43 and Bailey`s excellent and buy 43 at the airport have not found it in the states yet ! Never heard of 43 until Andres at the pool suggested it , he is awesome !! Andres will remember your drinks waits on you quickly and makes great suggestions , try to find him and sit in his area at the pool . He goes out of his way to make everyone happy and is a very hard worker !!!! Andres made my trip to Cancun , never have met anyone as kind as him . There is a pool manager too , Oscar I can not forget him , he also goes out of his ways to help and be kind , he wears many hats and you will see him helping everywhere front desk restaurants and the pool there is nothing he does not do or would not do for his guest !!! If you want relaxation and a breathtaking ocean this is the place the beach is clean white sand and gorgeous Aqua water - breathtaking , the pools are spotless . The swim up bar is separate would like it better if it was with the main pool . The view from the infinity pool is gorgeous ! The staff works hard here and there is definitely some that stand out !! The ones I mentioned . P.S they also cut coconuts out of the trees and serve them to you , Andres opened mine after I drank the milk so I could eat the coconut - and if you like coconut ask for their coconut ice cream excellant !! Pool bathroom and grounds kept very clean !

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th floor oceanview , my view was awesome not as nice as my friends who were on the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Phyllis570

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,606)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My girlfriend and I just returned from our trip to Cancun. We really enjoyed Live Aqua. The staff was absolutely fantastic, everyone SO helpful and nice! The beach was great. Never too crowded, enough chairs for everyone. The service was great. Our drinks never ran empty, but if they did, it wasn't for long. The water was perfect. A little chilly as soon as you walked in, but you got comfortable very quickly. Only complaint I would have about the beach was maybe add more umbrellas. There was quite a few, but if you get down there late morning/early afternoon, it's going to be tough to find one. The hotel was nice, great atmosphere and always smelled great. Small complaint, elevators took a little long sometimes, but there wasn't much rush, I was on vacation. And the halls echoed so in the rooms you could hear just about everything said outside, but push a towel on the floor against the crack of the door and its an easy fix. Overall, Live Aqua exceeded my expectations. Great restaurant and bar choices, and even had a hamburger/hot dog/fajita bar set up by the pool everyday. I would definitely go again in a heartbeat! WARNING!!! If you're looking to drink ALL night long, this is NOT the place. All bars on property are closed by 1am. But again, it's adults only, so we're usually drunk by nightfall after putting them down by the pool or beach all day.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but ask for an extra towel to push under the door. Reduces noise from hallway.
2 Thank Andrew M
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your review, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. Every feedback we receive is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests expectations. Our guest's comfort during entire stay is our greatest priority, let me assure you that all the points you mentioned in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can meet and even exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests.

Thank you again and on behalf of all Live Aqua staff, we hope for the opportunity to serve you again and to do our best to make your next vacation an exceptional and memorable experience. Do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We came in on April 18th and stayed 5 days. This was a great trip and the hotel was solid. This was our first experience with an all inclusive and I think we got our money's worth.

The beach is absolutely gorgeous. Water is perfect shades of blue, sand is soft and white, and beach chairs were comfortable. Our travel agent was able to include the cabanas in our package so you should ask perk if they can throw it in, otherwise the cabanas run an extra $80/DAY. The sun is hot down there so you will need some shade, at least try to get chairs near an umbrella.

The service was also excellent. The starff really does go out of the way to make you feel special and fully satisfied. The food was good and there were lots of options. We liked the beach side taco bar and the italian place for lunches. The pear and gorgonzola pizza was awesome. Also, on our final night, the head Chef prepared us a special meal of filet and lobster which was a nice treat.

Overall, if you are looking to go to Cancun I reccommend this place. It will not break the bank and the overall enjoyment is well worth it. Our travel agent was able to get a better deal than the advertised website price so it might be worthwhile to investigate with them to get the best price.

ENJOY THE BEACH and bring some sunscreen!

Room Tip: We had a 5th floor ocean view room. I think it is worth the extra compared to the garden rooms. Th...
3 Thank JeremyS377
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review, it is rewarding and motivating at the same time to know that you have enjoyed every moment of your vacation with us. I’m glad to know that our efforts have reached it’s goal and you have enjoyed our service, restaurants and the relaxing atmosphere, which we try to provide to our guests.

Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. I will certainly share your comments with our staff.

Thank you again for all your kind comments, we are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed at Live Aqua April 15-18 as an escape from the brutal winter months we have had in Boston but I'm sure that it was brutal for just about all of the Northern US! - This was our 4th trip to Cancun but our first here. We choose Live Aqua based on the great reviews we have read online and may I say I am going to add to the positive reviews -
The only (very!) minor issue we had was that our room was not ready when we arrived around 3 pm - We were given a quick overview of the property and a hand message upon our arrival yet had to wait only 15-20 minutes for our room - We did make use of that time to secure our transportation back to the airport , so we made the best of the down time.
We had a partial ocean view on the 3rd floor which made for dramatic sunrises. The room was comfortable. Nice King size bed - spacious bathroom and shower. In room safe to lock our valuables.
We had read of the lounge chair wars that require a 6 am wake up call to secure a seat. We found none of that - In fact I would say you could have found a shady area by the pool or beach all day long! I am not sure if that was a function of the occupancy rate or not - Never the less we got an early rise to sit at the pool club which is the smaller of the 2 major pool areas -Also to get a quick workout in - There is also a swim up bar there as well- Quick access to the ocean- where we did most of our swimming. Nothing like the warm Caribbean Ocean to lose those winter blues -
The fitness room had many treadmills,elliptical machines and free weights to get a nice workout in. We also took a yoga class. Other activities included beach volleyball and soccer and water yoga- We also got a brief chair message. We did not get any spa treatments, although we ran into a couple who said that their message was great.
There was a fire show on Tuesday which was fun and a pool party on Thursday that really didn't get too many people unless it was late crowd that i missed.
The thing that make Live Aqua so great is the service you get from the staff here. From the pools to restaurants to front desk to maid service to bartenders you get treated so well.
The food was very good - We ate breakfast at Siete buffet style - Lunches we went to Verenna for personal size pizza and Azur for the Salsa and chips and guacamole - my wife's favorite
We had dinner at Hidden Garden one night which was very good and at MB 2 nights which was outstanding - 4 course meal which absolutely great service! One thing we liked s that at the beginning of each meal we would get a specialty drink from the bar.
This is an Adults only property which worked in perfectly to our plans - We met some great people there who wanted basically the same relaxing time as we did
Another nice touch of the entire hotel was the beautiful aromas throughout the hotel and room - we had aromatherapy oils in our room -
I can see us returning here for our next vacation and highly recommend this resort.

3 Thank BillSure
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service, our selection of food and our relaxing aromatherapy. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments, we will be looking forward to your next visit to Live Aqua Cancun, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Gloversville, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We just returned from our vacation at Live Aqua on April 19th and have been continuously raving about our experience there. The service is impeccable . The staff personnel are warm, courteous, and friendly, always ready to attend to all your needs be it food or drink. The ocean views from your room or poolside are just breathtaking. The food is a cut above other all inclusive resorts. On our last night there Chef Fernando of MB Restaurant prepared my husband and I a special dinner that was just superb. Mario, the manager and Christian, the waiter made us feel like we were the only guests there. We have been recommending this resort to all our friends.

1 Thank Liz M
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 23 April 2014

LIVE AQUA will always be very special to me since I was engaged on this trip, as well as celebrated my 40th birthday. This was the 4th all inclusive I had been to in two years with another couple to celebrate the joy of turning 40. Secrets Silver Sands, Secrets The Vine, Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Jamaica were all nice but this resort was beyond fabulous. To start, the staff is lovely and have to give props to Roger and German, our pool bar friends as well as the pool staff. We were offered a Cabana for two days since we went to lunch for 30 minutes and our beach chairs were taken by two total jerks who refused to get up and threw our things on the beach (we were on the beach by 7:30 for those chairs and DID not leave for breakfast -only quick dips in the water. Jerkoffs. Anyway, the staff made sure we were taken care of as a result of this ridiculously rude behavior by two guests.
The seafood cevice bar at lunch is awesome as is Azul, and of course there are burgers and hot dogs grilled by the pool should you not want to sit down. What blew me away were the dinners at MB and Hidden Garden, I would seriously put them up against any restaurant in Chicago and Hidden Garden is just totally cool and interesting to eat within mangroves. Also there is a little sushi station outside MB which is also awesome and a great place to grab an quick bite and a drink before meeting friends for dinner.
The Activities staff was great as well, beach volleyball everyday at 11 and 3 and no one bothered us for time share stuff and the beach vendors are not at all annoying.
Above all, the beach and pool are just beautiful and they pipe in some music which beats sterile silence at other resorts. I am considering having my wedding here I loved it so much.
Only downside is the rooms are a little on the smaller side compared to where I have stayed before and my friend and fiancé tried to tell the staff to decorate my room for engagement/birthday and it was forgotten. not the end of the world . I would highly recommend this resort to anyone, and look forward to my next visit.

3 Thank aimeetravels6
Tennessee

I stayed for the second time from 15-22 April,
Overall, we had a great time but there were a few items that had us concerned.
First, Mb restaurant was absolutely too hot. We ate there 4 nights because the mosquitos were so bad at the outdoor restaurants. Add to that the dress code had changed since last year and now I was not able to wear shorts, or a silk T-shirt. I was sent to change twice. If you are going to have a dress code and require long pants, at least make sure the temperature in the room is such that the guests a comfortable. The dress code is a bit silly too when you let the long pants be blue jeans and allow flip flops with them!
The quality of the meat was lacking this year as well. We had both the filet and New York strip and they were not to the standards we found there last year. NY strip was tough and the filet was grainy.
On a high note, the Habanero Soup was and is still the best thing on the menu!!!

Second, during the whole week, every time we had breakfast at Siete, we had to ask for bacon. It was available, but the cook would have to get it for us from behind the serving counter. I have no idea why the bacon was never out and available to serve ourselves, but it was frustrating to have to ask every time.

Third, the elevators were very slow and only two of the three that were on each side worked. This was the case last year as well.

The staff was the highlight of the trip and made it a pleasure to be there.
In particular, Estrella who made the flaming coffee by the bar was simply the best!
Emanuelle at Azur was another standout and went out of his way to be helpful and was always happy!

2 Thank ilorangiv