Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
US$336
US$279
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$886
Agoda.com
US$554
US$450
galahotels.com
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$497
TripAdvisor
9,868 results
All reviewshidden gardenhand massagemb restauranthabanero soupminute foot massageegos baraka barsushi stationazur restaurantmojito barrice artroom serviceswim up barocean fronta garden view roomspecial dinnerbeach bag
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Live Aqua has all ocean view rooms. Walking in to our room this first time and seeing the view of that lovely aqua water took our breath away. Rooms are clean and modern, very nice.

As opposed to most AI, the food here is fantastic. We are foodies, and this place was terrific. Lots of food you would not expect to see at an all inclusive; high quality sashimi, beef tartare, sweetbreads, etc. If you are an adventurous eater and appreciate good food, esp seafood, this is the resort for you.

Resort is a little quiet after dark, no real entertainment except for one dance bar. Mood at this resort is very quiet overall. Pools are very nice, limited chairs and umbrellas though. Need to get out early in the am to get a decent local. That said, the pools and view are great. Just be prepared for the chair hunt.

Bar service around pools is great. Servers come around often to refill your drinks and bring food. This is superior to most other resorts we have visited. They have premium liquor also!

Would highly recommend this resort. Only things I would change is ditch the zen music all through the hotel (it's kind of a downer) and more chairs around the pools. Otherwise, outstanding property!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spartygirl88
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We "were" planning on going to Live Aqua this May for a wedding... the bride and groom changed location to a different resort... we cancelled our reservation but somehow Live Aqua did not have a record of it. Upon coming home from the "other" resort we noticed that Live Aqua had charged us a sizable "no show" fee for the reservation. We were financially hurt badly by this as it caused several NSF fees with our bank. We contacted Live Aqua and long story short they credited our account the no show fee. I am writing this because they did the right thing and showed themselves to be a reputable company. Thank you Live Aqua, we will be visiting your beautiful resort in the near future.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank chawk610
Reviewed 16 May 2014

More of a party atmosphere than I previously experienced. Hotel was immaculate, sweeping views and an amazing beach. Service was still spotty. Pool area was just so-so. Service at the pool was also spotty. They added a hamburger/hot dog cook which was cool. Italian restaurant was a nice add but you will NOT see your food at night. Got a great deal on Expedia so I snapped it up. Noticed that my purchase on Expedia was reflected on the hotel's computer system (just an FYI). Upgrade prices can (and were) negotiated upon arrival. The drinks were not strong in any of the bars. Had to specify that I wanted top shelf. I was underwhelmed. It was just ok. I felt the same at CasaMagna for much, much less.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is the way to go.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 13Heart
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I decided to take a quick 4 day, 3 night getaway to Cancun. After reading the reviews and take a look at several All-inclusive resort in the area we decided to stay at LIve Aqua. The picture you will find online are pretty accurate and the hotel is beautiful. The main problem was the service it was the worse. The swin up bar is never open, there are no waitstaff serving drinks around the pool you have get up, stand in line at a bar near the pool and be waited by employees how are rude and make the worse drinks I have ever had. The drinks are weak and very small. My suggestion order a shot on the side, for example if you order a rum and coke also get a shot of rum on the side it will make you drink perfect. The restaurant were a hot mess. We waited for almost 3 hours for dinner because all the restaurants were overbooked on a Saturday night. The refrigerator in the room is cool it has beer, sodas, and water wish they had a liquor dispenser as seen in some of the Jamaican resorts but you will not find that here. The shower would not drain fast enough and the water would spill to bathroom floor. At first when you get there you will be asked to see a presentation (is for a timeshare). Its not worth your time decline it if you can or if you dont have the time to sit through it. There is no music at the pool area, there were not shows, no night club, just no fun for a resort that is adult only. It seem more like a retirement home but without the fun things to do. And the scene they put around the hallways get to your sinus after a day of smelling it.

Now for the good stuff; the beach was beautiful we actually ran into a sea turtle as we walk at night on the beach. It was very exciting to see in person out at the beach free. We also released some baby sea turtles on the beach that was a cool thing to do. We order room service which was very nice and the food we ordered was quite good. They are two Rolls Royce Phamtoms sitting at the front of the hotel I dont know why but they were pretty cool. This is all I can brag about from this resort.

I will never return to this hotel for another stay again. We should be served like Kings and Queens but instead I felt like I was at Motel 6.

Room Tip: If you must stay at this location pick a room in the 6th or 7th floor with an ocean view. Atleast you can enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank pjbernard
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was our first visit to Live Aqua (and Cancun). The service from all of the ladies and gentlemen there was impeccable. Chef Javier and is team of professionals cooked us two great meals--especially for us. Jonathan and his team at the Sushi bar made me my first plate of sushi ever -- everything was cooked, as I was too scared to go raw--thanks for the experience Jonathan! Everyone there was so kind and catered to our every need -- even an ice bucket and two wash clothes so that I could cover and sooth a little sunburn I managed to get. You must try Siete in the evening for a la carte Mexican, I can't stop thinking about the baby pork gorditas. We upgraded to a suite to have the benefit of a cabana every day -- and, it was worth every penny -- not to mention the foot massages daily.

There are three little things that I would ask them to improve upon for next time: (1) the food on the breakfast buffet was lukewarm to cold every day, (2) the a/c didn't seem to work well in Siete, I mentioned it to the YWMW people and to the workers inside, and nothing was ever done about the temperature in there. It was disappointing as it was our favorite restaurant to go to in the evenings and we would have to beg for a table upstairs where is was a [little] cooler. (3) I managed to get nearly 100 bites all over my legs from the outdoor restaurants. I know that it is a tropical environment and with that comes bugs, but perhaps the grounds should be sprayed down more diligently.

So, if you are wondering if we would return, I would give you an ABSOLUTE YES. However, I will use bug spray from hip to toe when dining outside, and will let the restaurant manager or person in charge know that I would like the restaurant cool and the food piping hot. My grade overall is an A-

Room Tip: It is worth upgrading to a suite....for sure.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple