“Just Perfect, in every way!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #7 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
White Plains, New York
“Just Perfect, in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our first vacation in 27 years and we wanted everything to be perfect and it was beyond perfect in every way! The hotel is beautiful, the beaches breathtaking and the food extraordinary! All made even more enjoyable because the staff, who are now friends, are incredibly warm, loving and full of generosity. We were greeted with a hand massage, welcome banner and balloons and treated to a chef prepared dinner and hearts and rose petals in our room in honor of our 34th wedding anniversary. We felt like both celebrities and old friends..:) So many made our trip unforgettable! Would like to acknowledge those that touched us and pampered us in so many ways...Edgar (the concierge who made our anniversary so incredible) Vanessa and Jonathan (who welcomed us with amazing Sushi and a welcome party), Francisco (who created an unforgettable 5 course anniversary dinner for us at Azure), Oswaldo (MB's latest and greatest new comer), Mario (MB's manager who made sure our nights there were better than ever), Jaime, David, Aminael (the beach staff who were so warm and attentive) and sweet Karla (who greeted us at breakfast with great warmth and joy), as I know it is always a positive motivation for each one of them to realize that their job has been recognized and very much appreciated! Cannot imagine vacationing anywhere else....thank you Live Aqua for the best vacation ever!!!

Room Tip: Center of the hotel and up high gives the best view
2 Thank Sherri T
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
It is with great pleasure I read how our staff exceeded your expectations by taking care of your needs at all times; thank you for sharing the details of what made your 34th wedding anniversary so memorable and for mentioning the names of every team member who made every effort to ensure that you wouldn’t want to leave our hotel, this kind of recognition are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member, as it is our inspiration for success and new achievements. I have already congratulated the members of our staff that you mentioned.

We appreciate your review and recommendations, we will be looking forward to welcome you back, ready to make every effort to provide you with another pleasurable experience.

Alfredo Santamaría

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,545)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sharon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I have travelled extensively over the years and I usually don't take the time to do the reviews but I feel compelled to review Live Aqua.
If you are looking for food comparable to chain restaurants in the US this is not the place to go!! As, the food at Live Aqua is truly five star dining. Each restaurant is special and unique. Chef Javier prepared a special meal for us one evening and it was amazing. Thank you Chef Javier for the great experience and for taking the time out of your busy schedule. I especially enjoyed the parade of chefs (the rock stars of Live Aqua) at the pool, with the opportunity to discuss and taste the chef's specialties. Each day something is cooked at the pool for lunch (snapper, tacos etc.) which was great. As a dietitian I say kudos for the healthy options and moderate portion sizes!!
The service we received was outstanding. One day my husband requested Limoncello at the beach bar, was told that it was not available (which was not a big deal). The next day when he was returning from a walk on the beach the bartender called him over to inform him that he had gotten a bottle of Limoncello. Now, that is service!!! David (a waiter In Siete and tequila expert/teacher) and Octavio (pool area) are 2 staff members that I need to mention in this review. As, I very much enjoyed talking and learning from them. Everyone is pleasant, helpful, and very respectful.
The pool is heaven to lap swim in, enjoyed it every morning.
Live Aqua has a very laid back, and calm atmosphere, which is what we want for vacation. Perfect getaway to relax from our busy stressful lives. This was out 5th trip to the Cancun area and our first to Live Aqua. This will not be our last trip to Live Aqua! Thank you for a wonderful vacation and we look forward to another visit.

Room Tip: We started out with a garden view room, which I felt was very dark, Next day we upgraded to ocean f...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank kdwesternpa
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Live Aqua Cancun was enjoyable and exceeded your expectations. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service, it’s very important to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will pass on your comments to my staff as they continue improving our personalized service.

Thank you for your recommendations, we are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

From start to finish, this was a fantastic experience. The staff was absolutely amazing and friendly. Not only were they helpful and kind, they gave great suggestions on the best spots in Cancun. Our favorite staff member was Fernanda who assisted us in the Deluxe Aqua Lounge on Level 5. She was so AWESOME! The pool area is breathtaking. Not only does it boast infinity pools and hot tubs, there is also a swim up pool bar which offered fantastic drinks (try the Tequila Sunrise & Agave Shots)! The food was fantastic. Typically at resorts, you don't get the best food, but from room service to the buffet to MB and Azur, I was never disappointed. I consider myself a foodie and not only was the presentation spectacular, the flavor was always there. Compliments to all of the chefs. We had the Ocean view deluxe room with the Aqua Lounge Access. The view was wonderful and the room was always clean and very nicely decorated. The hotel is located right across from La Isla Mall and next to Kulkucan Mall, so there is always something to do if you want to step outside of the resort for a few hours. They set up a package for Xcaret Park as well and they picked us up and returned us right in the hotel lobby that evening. In addition, when they say all inclusive, they mean it. Alcohol, food, room service, drinks at the pool, everything is included. I would highly recommend this hotel to ANYONE especially couples. Spend the extra penny to get the Aqua Club access. It is well worth it. Live Aqua was SPLENDID. Will definitely visit again!

Room Tip: Ocean view room with Aqua Club Access.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is a pleasure for me to know that your experience at Live Aqua Cancun exceeded your expectations; our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and unique as it can be, thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your staying with us.

It will be an honor to have you as our guest again, do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance for your next stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

It was our first visit to Mexico and Cancun, and what a trip it was! :) The ambient, the service, the people, the food.. Just perfect! A wonderful honey moon, and looking forward to visiting Live Aqua again for another unforgettable experience. :)

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Zlatan P
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stay in April 2014 with my husband for 4 nights, there were some issues and we requested to be transferred to the Coral Beach the evening of our arrival. We spoke to Tanya the Manager and she apologized for the inconvenience and fixed the issues we were having with the hotel, she asked if we would stay 1 night to give the hotel another try. She was wonderful, everything was perfect, she went out of her way to make us comfortable, Oscar the manager of the pool staff came up to us the next morning and apologized and the service was incredible going forward !!!

I went back for 5 days in May 2014 with my girlfriend and Tanya again was magnificent, I made a small suggestion in passing and she remembered it and made it happen when I came back in May. Oscar, David and German, were wonderful at the pool and made our stay there perfect.

The Aqua is my new hotel in Cancun when I am without my children, I will continence to stay at the Coral Beach when traveling them. Prior to my April and May trip, I have never stayed anywhere else and I have been going to cancun almost yearly for the last 19 years.

Tanya, Oscar, German, David and Jonathon(italian restaurant) made this my favorite hotel and we will be back because of them. Especially Tanya, if it wasn't for her, we would have stayed somewhere else!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bennett3982
Thank you for sharing your review, we really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

Thank you again for your wonderful review, our entire team is looking forward to welcome you back to your home away from home, ready to make every effort to provide you with another pleasurable experience.

Avon Lake, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The staff made everything great..... first all inclusive. Our friends at the aqua club took care of everything . Our meals were also... great swam in the ocean everyday. One thing it needs is more nite life the egos bar was ok but maybe empty out the azur restaurant from 10 pm till one and have live music or a dj wanted to visit live clubs in cancun but seemed to expensive and not worth the hassle. Great excurcions went on were dolphinus,snorkeling in Riviera maya, and ziplining,and Polaris driving at sempatica. Excellent times dave M

2 Thank davem2534
Allow me to express my sincere gratefulness for sharing with us this generous comments about many of the services we have to offer to our guests. It's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations.

We all are looking forward to welcome you back to Live Aqua Cancun.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is my second time staying at Live Aqua Cancun. For an all inclusive, I am always impressed with their service and the qualify of food. All the employees are trained to be friendly, service oriented and to go the extra mile to help and serve their guests. It is great to be at an all-inclusive, no kids property on the beach where you can relax, make friends and enjoy your vacation.

Room Tip: Every single room has a ocean view. You can't go wrong!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sarciniegas
I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this detailed review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. I have no doubts that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision to visit Live Aqua Cancun. Thank you for the warm words regarding our staff, service, food and general relaxing atmosphere, which we try to provide to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.