“Perfect for romance & relaxation!”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #6 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Chester, Connecticut
“Perfect for romance & relaxation!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I chose Live Aqua for our honeymoon in the summer of 2013. We could not have been more pleased with every single aspect of our stay. The food was delicious 24 hours a day, the service was fast and attentive, and the grounds were perfection. We were especially big fans of the oil burners that came with each room - you have the ability to choose from a selection of aromatherapy scents with which to scent your room. We loved every single scent, and we were sure to bring many bottles home with us!

The beds are amazingly comfortable, the bathroom is spacious (shower and soaking tub were both inside). We enjoyed having the use of a beach bag for the pool/beach each day. We had a small issue with the air conditioning not always working predictably, but the maintenance staff was quick to address our concerns. Our room looked out over the ocean, and we woke up early just to catch the sunrise over the water.

Be sure to strategize your arrival at the pool each day - people tend to place bags/towels on chairs very early. We found that if we didn't claim a few lounge chairs by 7:30am, we would not have chairs close to the pool.

The wait staff around the pool were attentive and quickly learned our favorite orders. We also loved the swim-up bar in the hidden pool off behind the bushes.

We ate at just about every restaurant, and we were never disappointed. Our favorite, though, was the room service. It was also beautifully presented and a true pleasure to eat. I also loved the sushi bar, though its hours are limited.

You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moosh2
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your review and for mentioning so many positive elements about our hotel. I’m very glad to know that your stay with us resulted in such a pleasurable and memorable vacation. Staff members are happy to know that their efforts have been appreciated, thank you for highlighting the excellent service that you received during your stay.

Thank you for your recommendations, we are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Alfredo Santamaría

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,582)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just got back after 4 days in June 2014.
Firstly thank you to the great suggestions from the TA community.
Live Aqua was better than expected.
Beautiful grounds- A bunch of big infinity pools- Outstanding service.
I stayed on the 6th floor in an ocean front terrace room. I asked about upgrades and they were 150-200 USD a night for club suites. I decided not to.
Our room was beautiful, the terrace was almost the size of the bed room.
The only down side of the terrace room was that you could not see the ocean from your bed because of the terrace. But it was awesome to walk on there and see the ocean and feel the breeze. I did get a chance to see the ocean front balcony room. The balcony is quite small but you can see the ocean lying in your bed- I might do that one.

I did not feel the upgrade or the cabanas were worth it.
It was easy to find shaded lounge chairs on the beach and the pools.
I preferred the location of those vs the cabanas.

Food:
Great lunch/ breakfast at Siete-
Fantastic Ceviche by the pool ( the one with the swim up bar)
Dinner was Ok – MB had good appetizers, the entrees were average. Azure did not appeal to me. The Italian and Asian place were average, but great ambience- overall I still enjoyed the dinners. I don’t eat pork or beef, so maybe better choices if one eats those meats.
The sushi bar by the lobby bar next to MB was pretty good.
I enjoyed the latte and the dessert in the deli shop by the gym.

DRINKS-
Tequila Don Julio and Grey goose was available. Beer selection was lacking.
Alexis and Willberth made great drinks- and excelled at service with a smile.

Service was impeccable. They had a champagne and a romantic décor in our room one evening as I had mentioned our 10 yr aniv.

EXCURSIONS:
Snorkelling- We took a cab to Puerto Morelos form outside the hotel. I got off the center of town by the beach and decideded to use for a snokel tout.
25 USD per person. 2 reefs. It was fun- great guides Julio and Kalo.
Not the best snorkeling but worth it- Saw a 5 foot shark.
Came back and ate ath the restaurant where the trip takes off from ? same owner.
The food here was unreal and authentic Mexican.

Parasailing just outside the hotel. Fun, but they asked me repeatedly for a tip and charged me 400 pesos to take pictures with a promise to deliver a CD in the hotel lobby. The CD came but with no pictures!
SPA- fantastic- we took the couples massage, and for the price it was worth every peso!
SO in summary, I will be back in Cancun and at the Live Aqua- this was my third trip to cancun and LA was the best- No need to look further!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is the best hotel my husband and I ever stayed at. Beautiful interior and exterior. All staff are sweet and greet you with a hola even if they are walking by. All food was awesome and they made special accommodations for my vegan diet, so don't worry about staying here my vegan friends, you won't starve!! I did get really sick here, but that may not be their fault so I'm not blaming them. Fernando sent up toast to give me via my husband from the buffet everyday and the doctor who came to see me was great and tied me over until I got back to Canada. Thanks to the staff for an amazing honeymoon! I will be back one day soon to finish what I started before I got sick!!

Room Tip: Don't scrimp and get an upgraded room! You won't regret it! It will be quieter with a better...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank amethystwings
edison
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I just returned from a 7 night stay with my new husband. There are so many great things to say about Live Aqua! The outside of this resort is breathtaking! The many pools and gorgeous beaches are impeccable. So clean and the staff goes above and beyond.

Every single staff member at Live Aqua is friendly and kind. We were met with smiles and friendly faces everywhere we looked! It put us in such a great mood! Don't forget to tip these fabulous staff members, they work so hard to have a wonderful resort.

The lobby and inside of this resort is very bare and spa like. I have stayed at other resorts in Mexico and was surprised at how sterile looking this resort was. You will not be blown away by the beauty of the actual hotel. We loved the aromatherapy throughout the resort. I was underwhelmed with the rooms, but they were clean and comfortable. I just expected more from a five star resort (the room was small, the tub was for one, not two, the sheets were not soft and the minibar was definitely lacking). The hotel leaves many surprises in rooms, which is fun!

I visited the spa during my stay and LOVED it. If you can get a facial with Empara, please do so! It was so affordable (and just as luxurious) compared to the spas in the tri-state area!

The food was really hit or miss. My husband and I dined at almost all of the restaurants. Breakfast is the same every single day, there was no variety. Hidden Gardens was so charming and the food was delicious. The sushi station had some different choices, and as someone who does not eat sushi regularly, I loved it! The Italian restaurant was edible, but not a wonderful choice. The restaurant Azul was delicious with great service. We actually chose not to eat at MB, which is the upscale restaurant, because the menu didn't appeal to us. Toward the end of the vacation we actually skipped out on dinner and had snacks earlier in the day because the food lacked variety.

Some tips-

*Ocean view and ocean front rooms have the same view. Don't worry about upgrading from one to the other. Use your money elsewhere!

*Bring your own sunscreen. The resort and neighboring stores charge $27 for a small bottle of SPF 30. We went through four bottles in 7 days and had to purchase two in Mexico. Spending $50 on sunscreen was extremely aggravating!

*The resort has board games near the billiards area. I wish we would have found these before the last day, as there is no nightlife at the resort.

*Find the swing bar when you get there! If you go down the stairs to the beach by the swim up pool, there is an adorable bar with swings instead of chairs. It's tucked away, but worth finding!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank katie h
Thank you very much for sharing with us your review about our work and our services, it's a great pleasure to know that your overall experience was enjoyable. Every feedback we receive is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests’ expectations. Let me assure you that all the points you have mentioned in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can meet and even exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests.

Thank you again for your valuable review, please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Best regards,

Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was the first all-inclusive hotel I've ever stayed at and I was very impressed. We were there with a couple other friends and all had a great time.

Check in. On check in I was given a ocean front room with a king size bed. I think I was given this upgrade because I have some sort of status with expedia and made my reservation through them. We checked in around 1:00 and our room was ready and clean. Our other friends had to wait until about 3:00 for their rooms to be ready.

Rooms. All the rooms were very nice. Large comfortable beds and everyone has a balcony. The bathrooms are large and very high quality. They were always cleaned during the day and turned down at night with the mini bar being refilled. Of course everything you want to eat is free in the room.

Food. Food quality was varied at the restaurants but overall I would consider it very good. Breakfast at the buffet was probably the highlight. There is a large variety of food and all of it was excellent. We ate at the fancy restaurant (MB) the first night. The presentation and ambiance is excellent and the food was very good. Second night we ate out at the restaurant that is near the pool, in my opinion it was nearly the same quality and presentation as MB. Third night, we ate at the Asian place, my food was terrible and I didn't have a very high opinion that night. They also wanted to charge you for wine and sake, which seemed strange at an all inclusive resort. Forth night we had the Italian, was very good but really it's just salad and pizza and some pastas. It's very romantic ambiance though, Last night we tried the buffet for dinner and I was very disappointed as most of the food seemed to be overcooked or burnt that night. Lunch we mostly ate by the pool, the food there is pretty good and very convenient. We also tried the sushi station and thought that was very good. Overall I would say it's excellent, the last night buffet and Asian were just exceptions

Drinks. There are plenty of places to get drinks and we probably tried them all. The pool bars would tend to make their drinks very light in my opinion. This was probably for the best as nobody really needs to get sloppy drunk while sitting in 100 degree heat. They would also make your drinks with the cheap stuff while displaying the expensive stuff in the bar, unless you specifically asked for it. That's probably fully expected. There is a fancy coffee station by the downstairs bar where they set the liquor on fire and pour it into coffee, this was my favorite drink of the trip and I got it multiple times. There is more of a club bar by the lobby that we went into a couple times but the crowd really wasn't much of a club going type so it seemed a little out of place.

Pool. Lovely area and a wide variety of swimming options. It's beautiful as you can see in all the pictures. My only complaint is that people reserve poolside chairs early in the morning, forcing you to do the same. You have to get down there and put a towel on a chair by about 8:00 or you aren't going to get a spot in the shade. I don't think anyone can sit out in that Mexican sun for an entire day without some shade.

Overall. This was an excellent place. It was not quite as nice as some of the Hilton and Westin hotels I've stayed at in Mexico but I wouldn't expect it from an all inclusive. The staff was all 100% friendly and professional. There wasn't a single "Sir, you cannot...." heard the entire trip. Most of the other guests were of a higher class and no kids and no 20 year olds puking in the pool or anything like that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank msmont
Thank you very much for taking time and sharing your experience with us. At Live Aqua Cancun we strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction. Comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission. We really appreciate your constructive criticism and suggestions shared with us, it’s importance is priceless in an effort to provide comfort and relaxing moments to our guests.

Thank you again for your valuable review and recommendations, please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Best regards,

Ciudad Del Este, Paraguay
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We've been to Cancun before so we know some other places, but Live Acqua is just perfect.
The rooms are big, with a shower and a jacuzzi. Loved the balcony facing the ocean at sunset.
Beds were really confortable. The room has other amenities like: bathrobes and beach bags/flip flops you can use. The pools are big enough and there are palapas you can reserve on the beach (reservations made the day before)
The aromatherapy environment was great. Let me say I have scent-induced migraines, so I was very afraid of it. But it was just perfect. Light, soothing scents in ALL the hotel spaces, including your room, where you can choose the scent you like.
There's a big fitness center (considering hotel gyms) with a lot of machines and kinect equipment as well as instructors.
The hotel has several restaurants. We'd tried all and loved them. There's one inside the gardens that you will miss if you don't pay attention. Very cozy and private.
There are also shows and special dinners at night.
I'm not a huge fan of all-inclusive deal because I don't like to stay inside hotels (I like to see the place and meet with locals) but I went out just twice in a week and didn't want to leave. I would definately go there again
Important: the hotel is CHILD FREE!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Celeste A
Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments. We are looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had an amazing experience here. There's not one bad thing I could say about the resort. The lobby and grounds were well kept. Our room was very nice. The bed was comfortable. We went with another couple and we could all hang out in the room comfortably. Definitely upgrade your room to an ocean view. It was well worth it.
The resort had a little bit of everything for everyone. This hotel is everything you would want in an all-inclusive resort. The variety of restaurants were great and we went to every one of them except one. We went to the breakfast buffet every day and they had a wide selection of food. I loved the smoothie station MB was worth dressing up for. The food was really good. We liked the habanero soup and salmon appetizer a lot. I won't name every restaurant, but they were all good except the sushi station which we didn't care for.

The drinks were awesome and the service was great! Every alcohol was available and they weren't watered down. The bartenders were very friendly and waiters came by frequently to take your next order. They made some really good drinks. We were so hooked on the pool bar Azur, that we forgot to look around the rest of the resort until the last couple days of our trip. The swim-up bar is fun and the bar on the beach with the swings was cool. For those who like to stay up late like we do, they had Egos bar which stays open late. They play music. We went there every night to unwind and have some drinks. The waitresses there were really nice.
I would talk about the swimming pools, but just look at the pictures. They are as great as they look.
So much more I could say. Service, food, drinks and the variety of different restaurants and bars made this a perfect location. We will definitely be coming back here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank kellyleal
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review; it’s a privilege to know that Live Aqua Cancun lives up to your expectations in every aspect of the most relaxing vacation: food and beverage selection, facilities, comfort of your room, and certainly, the service, which is the greatest and probably the most important element of our resort.

Thank you once again for your great review; we are looking forward to your next visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.