“Great Cancun Adult All Inclusive Resort”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Cancun Adult All Inclusive Resort”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was a very nice all inclusive adult resort and I would definitely stay there again. The pools were wonderful and overall the staff was very friendly and nice especially David Camera (Siete restaurant) and Daniel Jimenize (Aqua Club). The only disappointments we had were: the service in Azul was very slow, the food in Azul and Siete were lukewarm the majority of the time, the food portions/appetizers were extremely small from Azul and Aqua Club and the house wines definitely needed to be expanded to include sweeter wines such as White Zinfandel, Moscato and a Reisling. I ended up having to settle for Sangria and other watered down drinks so didn't enjoy the beverage service as much as I had hoped to especially on vacation. The property was very clean, relaxing, not overcrowded, smelled good throughout and we didn't have to wait at any of the restaurants to be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Also every day at the pool there was fresh grill service (fresh fish, tacos etc). at lunchtime and one night there was a huge buffet setup at the pool area which was very, very nice. Great workout facility and frequent pool service food/beverage attendants also. The hotel overall was very accomodating and the Concerge and Restaurant management tried hard to make up for the few bumps in the road. Great shopping at the malls directly across the street and a 10 minute walk up the street for souvenirs. I would highly recommend taking plenty of $1 US bills for tips and brushing up on your spanish speaking skills also.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher level. I was on the 6th floor towards the middle and had a wonderful view...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lisa B
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet all your expectations, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality on the food and the drinks. I was very much concerned by your review and disappointments you faced during your stay with us. I do want to ensure you that all your comments were followed up and we are working hard in order to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future.

Do not hesitate to contact us next time you plan to visit for any pre-arrival arrangements, we will be happy to have you return.

Alfredo Santamaría

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This place is first class. Food and service is exceptional. David at the pool was fantastic and all the staff is well-trained. I will definitely return. With seven restaurants, there is plenty of variety for food and six pools stretch across the property. Relax in the infinity pool overlooking the beach. I'm sure everyone will love this place as much as I did.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank John Marty N
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I went to this adult-only resort on a girls' trip in May and everything was top notch. Gorgeous property. Service is fabulous - we had four rooms among us and the staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating in moving us all closer to each other and arranging ocean views, etc. Staff at the restaurants and pool area also fantastic, circulating constantly, taking orders as well as bringing interesting food and drink to try as you lounge by the pool.

Also, for an all-inclusive, the food at all of the restaurants on the property (we ate at all of them) was really excellent. Yoga in the morning also fantastic - beautiful spot, great teacher. They also sponsor shuttles out to the downtown clubs which work out very well. What more to say? Really really nice place if the all-inclusive vacation is what you want.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Beth_T855
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you so much for this review, and especially for your kind words about our greatest asset: the Live Aqua Cancun staff, I have already passed my congratulations to my staff for the exceptional service provided to you.

It will be an honor to have you as our guests again, do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here in May. We began in a garden view room which faced the construction site. We liked it because we could get a partial view of the ocean. As someone who stays in hotel rooms 150 nights a year, our room didn't feel 417 sq.ft. More like about 370. But it was fine.

What wasn't fine was the guy and his lady next door making squealing love sounds at 3:00 a.m. in the morning. This lady was....um....very vocal. By 5:00 a.m. we both (the two of us were mother/son) fed up. I drug myself to the front desk and told them of my situation. They said they'd give us another room to move to. No help moving. No follow up call. Just gave us new keys and away we went -- to another garden view room 2 floors higher in the hotel. Thankfully, no adjacent screamers there. Not 5 star treatment. Not even 4 star treatment there. Staff I'd give a 2/5. The servers at the restaurant earned the two stars. The servers at the pool....not so much.

The pools: very nice. Pools and beach were our favorite part of this resort. I'd give the 5/5. However, i came out of the bathroom and the floor outside the mens room was REALLY slippery. I immediately lost my grip on both feet and landed on my bum. The concrete between the outside of the door and bathroom itself was uneven by about 3 inches. I landed hard. The lady in front of me helped me up and said she saw me fall. She said I landed about inch from cracking my head on the uneven concrete. Can you saw "lawsuit waiting to happen for someone soon?". There was no sign, warning of slippery area nor a mat (there should have been a mat. I watched two other people almost bite the dust after me. This was pretty bad.

The food: We were looking forward to the food, although some people on Tripadvisor boards told me to lower my expectations with LA. They said the food was about a 4 or 5 out of 10. I'd say it was about a 5 or 6 out of 10. Hidden Garden was a disappointment with inedible chicken coconut soup (it was disgusting...we both agreed) and all soups were lukewarm to cold (and none were gazpacho!). My duck had a cloyingly sweet, out of the jar, hoisin sauce on it that overwhelmed the dish. Had to send it back, as I was hungry for something edible after the soup disaster. Got the Indian chicken dish which was good, though tiny in portion. Siete morning buffet was the worst meal we had. The worst b'fast buffet of any AI i've ever visited. We sat through stale danishes/sweet rolls, lack of bacon or ham, lukewarm items on every buffet, and a long line for omelets. Oh, and the tang version of OJ was also quite an annoyance at a "5 star resort". Average all-inclusive food for the most part, although some things did stand out. Our dinner at MB was very good. Not amazing but very good. Chef Eric was a saving grace here. He was a fine representative of the hotel and really the reason my score went from 2 to 3.5 for this resort. He was amazing. Notice how I keep saying "WAS"? Well, chef Eric is no longer with the hotel. He has taken another position with another employer. Chef Eric at LA... is no more. A shame. I might have given the place another shot if Chef Eric was still around. He treated us to a fine meal and was so uber-friendly. He was truly unlike any Head Chefs I've ever met. Best wishes to him!

The drinks: The drinks, overall, were good! The mixers were of high quality with real fruit, and if you asked for high end vodka, you got it. If you asked for stronger cocktails, you got them. So, no reason to sulk about weak drinks. Although I think Absolut was the best they had outdoors. Indoors you could get Grey Goose. The cucumber martini they made me at the bar outside of MB was very very good too. That bartending staff, there, really could make good drinks. The servers at the pool weren't so great. They rarely came around. If you wanted drinks outdoors, your best bet was to choose the swim up bar.

The restaurant servers: Our servers at Hidden Garden were excellent, And the atmosphere there was superb. Too bad the food sucked when we visited. The food at Azur was pretty decent (and plentiful). The service there was excellent -- and was the view. Varenna had delicious salads and their pizzas were not bad. Not as good as the menu intimated but not bad. The only issue with Varenna was that the selection was so few. A choice of about 2 salads, 3 or 4 pizzas, and 3 pastas. That was about it! That wasn't the server's fault though. Service there was adequate. It was a casual spot, so we didn't expect amazing service. We split a salad and pizza at Varenna and were happy with our selection. Ocean Corner: good ceviche. Worst margarita I've ever tried to consume. Worst service in the resort. A bunch of 19 year old boys with no training on how to serve. It was a disaster to even get waited on -- and we only visited once. Tacos there were average. Nothing to write home about. A cute area, so quite a shame. Poolside grills: great lunch time food. Paellas were fresh and tasty with nice seafood bits. Fajitas were tasty too. This would be my choice for lunch food, if I were you. This or Azur. Service at MB one night was not bad. It wasn't great but it was OK. The food was better than the service. The service at MB the second night was abominable. We never saw our waiter and I had to keep raising my hand to get the attention of some other waiter. They looked annoyed at our waiter, cuz I kept finding them and not him! We normally left a tip at dinner and we couldn't, in good conscience, tip that guy. Sorry.

Other guests: We found the other guests, here, to be a bit snobby. At other A.I.s people seem more talkative and down to earth. Here we saw a lot of noses up in the air. But, hey, I'd rather be in a crowd that keeps to themselves than a bunch of beer guzzling rednecks who just rolled off a Carnival cruise ship. So...maybe this group was the better of the lot. haha!

Overall, the hotel had great pools and beaches, fine drinks, and hit or miss service. Mostly the service from food servers was HIT. Front desk staff was MISS. The food was also hit and miss. Nothing was excellent but we did get some very good items along the way. The night at Hidden Garden was atrocious.

My final review: 3.5 out of 5 stars. Needs work to be a 5 star resort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
12 Thank ATLconsultant
Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback, which helped us to identify the areas of opportunity encountered during your stay, I do regret that we did not meet your expectations during the time you spent with us and assure you that this is not typical of service here at Live Aqua Cancun.

I understand that the unfulfilled expectations and the negative experience during your stay, may prevent you from considering our property in the future, let me assure you that all the points you discussed in your feedback are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can meet and even exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests.

Thank you for mentioning the positive sides of your vacation with us and the services that made your stay more comfortable. It will be an honor to be your hosts in the future and change your previous unfavorable impression. I remain at your service if you require any assistance in the future.

Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

my husband and I decided to stay a this resort after many weeks of looking and reading reviews.We were so glad we stayed here.We got in early and they allowed us to leave our bags and go explore the resort and get something to eat.The first thing you notice is the aromatherapy when you enter...not overpowering but just right.Our view was the oceanfront which was spectacular.foods were amazing and room service was wonderful.This was our honeymoon that we never had.My husband told them this when we first arrived as they asked us why we were on vacation.Every night,they had something waiting on us..rose pedals on the bed and colored rice in heart shapes on the floor....a bath ran with roses in it....champagne another night with strawberries....the whole entire vacation was perfect!!!!Pools were very nice and beach was amazing with white sands that never got hot.....pool waiters and waitresses were extremely pleasant and helpful...always went out of their way to get you what you wanted.We ate breakfast in the Siete and was surprised when we werent there for a few days and the hostess Ariel greeted us by our name and even asked if we wanted our same waiter.Our waiter was Fernando who was perfect....top notch service and so very friendly.....The only bad thing is it went by tooo quick....we are already looking forward to going again next year.....All the staff here is so friendly...I can't say enough good things about this place.If you are looking for a perfect vacation...this is definetly the place to go

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Melissa D
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you very much for sharing such a wonderful review, it is rewarding and motivating at the same time to know that you have enjoyed every moment of your vacation with us. At Live Aqua Cancun we do try to give the best care to every guest and our most special attention is for those who share their unique moments such as yours. I’m glad to know that our efforts have reached its goal and you have enjoyed the excellent service provided by our staff, the restaurants and pools.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back next year.

Israel
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and i stayed there for one night in 2.8.14,
We actually really wanted to stay there when we arrived to cancun in 17th of july and to celebrate my birthday but lucky me it was fully booked so we went to fiesta americana grand coral.
We booked live aqua for out last night in mexico and we were very exited to stay there because of the rate here in trip-advisor and all of the great reviews.
We booked an ocean view room, and indeed it had ocean but also a construction site on the side (they didn't work so it was quiet) but the view was not that great.
The room was ok but after staying in fiesta americana (that has a lower rate) and other hotels our expectations for a 2# in cancun and 5 star hotel were high (and also the HIGH price).
So i excepted everything to be tidy clean and to be treated like kings. the bathtub, the shower and toilets was not so clean. The chairs on the balcony were REALLY dirty, the plants outside was dried out, and also we had a used cigar there..
As for the food and drinks - we went to eat at the sushi place but after we got only 4 pieces we went to an italian restaurant there, the food was OK nothing more.
by the sushi there is a bar so we ordered drinks and to our surprise it was served in plastic cups..
The next day we ate at a buffet by the pool and again the food was ok nothing more and we don't have high standards when it comes to food..
So looking back we are disappointed by this hotel and happy it was fully booked on my birthday..
It is expensive and you don't get a good value for the price.
But i guess that's what you get for an all inclusive hotel,
If you asked me it should be 4 stars maximum.…

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Natalie O
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. I regret you weren't pleased with your stay, and that the resort didn't live up to your expectations. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide. Although many travelers find Live Aqua Cancun to be a great place for romantic and relaxing getaway, with excellent food options, great facilities and outstanding service, I do understand that the concept of our hotel does not suit your kind of lifestyle.

I remain at your service if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future.

Cedarbrook, NJ
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I stayed, July 23 to 29.Very relaxing and enjoyable time! Our room was great [9th floor] breathtaking view. Food was fabulous and drinks delicious and plenty! Service was just amazing! There are so many people we would love to thank! They go above and beyond to make your stay more enjoyable! David from Ciete,he made our breakfast enjoyable every morning, hostess Areli who remembered our name every day!Loved Sea Corner for lunch, thanks German and Fernando!The swim up bar, lots of fun and great music, thanks Fernando and Santiago! Vanessa and Francisco, best sushi we ever ate, thanks! On our last night Chef Francisco at Azur made us a special meal that was not on the regular menu.It was fantastic! Miss everyone and want to go back soon!

Room Tip: Any room above the 3rd floor is a good view of ocean.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple