“Magical Experience”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #5 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed at the Live Aqua for our wedding anniversary and it was a phenomenal experience all around. The hotel is beautiful. Very elegant and classy. Its definitely one of the best hotels in Cancun. It also very close to the malls as well as walking distance from the city center (Coco Bongo or Señor Frogs).
We were treated at the front desk by Samantha who was super helpful in getting us quickly setup. We had the ocean front room and the views were spectacular. The room was beautiful, very clean and tastefully decorated.
The hotel has a bunch of bars and restaurants and we visited each and every one of them. Our favorite by far was the food at mb (the italian place). Besides MB, hidden garden, azur and even the buffet food at Siete (7) was exquisite. There was HUGE variety and we never went hungry. The staff at the hotel are really there to take care of you and are always at your beck and call.
The pools are extremely well kept and clean. The water is temperature controlled and again the staff is constantly waiting on you in case you need something (drinks, towels). We've stayed at multiple hotels but the experience at Live Aqua Cancun has definitely been top notch. I would highly highly recommend it. If we ever went back to Cancun, Live Aqua will definitely be the first place we would consider staying at.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean front room.
3  Thank akshayj82
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for taking your time to write your review. All of us at Live Aqua Cancun are truly grateful for the honor you gave us to be host of such a special time as your wedding anniversary. We are delighted to know that our restaurants, pools and staff exceeded your expectations. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and desires and it's wonderful to know that it made your vacation a truly unique experience

We really appreciate your review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was our 2nd time to Cancun, 3rd time to Mexico and it was by far the best experience.
Aromatherapy is used throughout the resort and it smells amazing. The staff say, "Your wish is my wish" and they truly mean it. They were all so so nice.
They have really neat outdoor restaurants. The food was really good.
The beach and the ocean is the prettiest that I have ever seen.
Everything was clean and comfortable.
Here are the negatives:
1. You have to wear a collared shirt to MB, so be sure to bring one. They did not make that clear on their website and my husband didn't bring a collared shirt.
2. I am about 99% sure they fill their liquor bottles up with water. There is probably a little alcohol in the drinks but we drank for 2 days straight and only after staying "Very Strong" - no joke they filled the entire glass with alcohol did we actually feel like we were drinking.
I would go back tomorrow.

5  Thank GoodToGetaway1981
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Sooo many good things to say about Live Aqua Cancun. In no particular order, my favorite things: 1) The people. Great service, each and every day, every where we went. They knew us by name (which quickly grew into nicknames) by the 2nd morning. Bartenders, wait staff, hosts and hostesses all top notch. 2) The accommodations. Fabulous, comfortable, sizable rooms with beautiful decor. We didn't spring for the suites but didn't feel the need because we were only in our rooms to change for the next event or to retire for the night. Mini bar fully stocked (and included) with some of our favorite beverages (like they read our minds). Sizable soaking tubs and huge showers. 3) The food. Great choices (buffet, fine dining, cafe, beach side, and so many more choices). (Don't miss the weekly parade of chefs near the infinity pool for a nice little taste treat or the ceviche at the little gem of a place beach side. And, don't laugh, the burgers - grilled pool side - are to die for!) 4) The grounds. For a big resort - it is easily walkable and there are hidden gems everywhere you look. Gorgeous grounds keeping and you didn't feel like you were pushed into a platform of deck chairs if you wanted to be within eye shot of the beach / main pool area. 5) Atmosphere. All of the other great attributes combine to make for a relaxing, fun, "let your hair down" atmosphere without being over the top party. It has just the right feel and you will leave there wanting to plan your return. 6) Location. Not too close to rowdy bar scene (but easily within reach by cab if that's your thing) but directly across the street from an upscale shopping collective that will have you thinking that you should have spent less time on the beach and more time browsing. Well, maybe not....but it is very nice and a welcome respite from the heat of the day. Only thing I could say that might influence you not to stay here is: if you are looking for a typical, Spring-Break-esque, vacation - this won't be the place for you. Bachelor, bachelorette parties - look elsewhere. Nightlife is minimal - for a reason. You stay here to relax and catch up on some stress release. Just perfect for that, in my mind.

Room Tip: Any room choice seems to be perfect, but we stayed in ocean view, standard rooms and had absolutely...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank MORRELL_FAMILY

Thank you very much for sharing your review, we do try to take every opportunity to satisfy our guests needs and desires in order to make every vacation memorable and free of stress. I’m very proud of our friendly and efficient staff, so it is fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your stay as enjoyable as possible.

We will be looking forward to your next visit to Live Aqua Cancun, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this wonderful establishment for a week in mid June to celebrate our ten year (ten years!) anniversary. To get to the point, the resort was fantastic. I'm all about first impressions, and when you are greeted to hand massages, cold drinks, white bentleys and amicable people upon arrival- you're winning. The resort has a zen like vibe which repeats itself throughout, perfect for the relaxation you are most likely seeking. The weather, although it did not rain (which is great), was very hot. Good or bad depending on what you crave, but it's June in Mexico, so yeah. It's location is approximately 15-20 minutes from the airport and 8 minutes (by 10usd cab) to the "downtown" area. If you are fancy- there are luxury designer boutiques and a giant mall which houses stores of the Louis Vuitton kind, and beyond, literally across the street. The resort itself is wonderfully designed, seemingly spotless and brand new. The staff are wonderfully receptive and attentive as one would expect from a resort of this standard, speaking both English and Spanish. The food is excellent and with great variety, something that is historically hard to find at an all inclusive resort. The room we chose had a large patio and a vista of the blue turquoise waters and white sandy beaches- which I would recommend to upgrade to. I have been to Cancun before, but not here, and must say that this particular resort has a beautiful shoreline coupled with a bar fitted with swings entering and exiting the beach. Since it was our anniversary we were well taken care of, and were treated to a bottle of champagne, dyed red rice in the shape of hearts, and chocolate strawberries. They did a wonderful job of covering the World Cup with large air conditioned theaters serving liquor and food, and a TV out by the pool as well- Bravo! We would like to give personal thanks to some of the incredible staff including, but not limited to, Antonio, Carlos, Jimena, Guillermo, and Sara.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Francis B

Thank you very much for your review and for mentioning so many positive elements you have experienced in Live Aqua Cancun. I am pleased to know you enjoyed our personalized service, delicious food and our great location.

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back. Do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangements.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We spent 5 days at Live Aqua. The value is unbeatable! From the rooms to the foods to the employees and staff, this place greatly exceeded my expectations, having been to Playa del Carmen only 12 years ago.

The food was plentiful, fresh and readily accessible in multiple venues. The rooms were large, sparkling clean and perfectly situated, per our oceanfront request. No need for a golf cart to get around; the property was just the right size and handicapped accessible for wheelchairs. It's all easy walking and close. Never a wait for one of the 3 elevators.

The decor was Zen-like and peaceful. Never heard noises through the walls. Since it's adults only, there were no "melt downs" to be heard from tired children. All senses were heightened by their attention to detail and their deliberate effort to provide a memorable experience. Designer water features with trickling sounds echoing, aroma therapy throughout smelling of essential oils, lush landscapes with featured, colorful parrots, flying for everyones delight! A sampling of Mayan culture was included in daily yoga options. And the water! The beautiful colors of the aqua water in the sea!

The Spa was an incredible experience. Consumed by most guests (due to the daily credit given) they agreed the 80 minute massage was unforgettable! Our therapists put us to sleep a couple of times! Manicures are refreshing and completed in a hand-made, art-like way. The professional, gentle and sincere respect shown by all of the employees was heartwarming. We came back reflecting the relaxation we enjoyed.

The staff always remembers your name. They are disciplined, hard working and educated people. Due to the fact they are paid a low wage in Cancun, we can not say it strongly enough, tip often and tip well. Their job provides them their career and their families' livelihood. Be sure to budget at least a dollar a drink for every drink. And the more you tip, the more attention you get. We don't drink alcohol even when it's included, but we had our own ice bucket full of bottled water and were treated to surprise desserts brought unexpectedly to us poolside.

If you're going to Cancun, and if you can, stay at Live Aqua.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank Judy B

Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments and recommendations. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon; please do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was our 4th trip to an all-inclusive resort in Cancun. We have previously stayed at the ME, Riu Peninsula Palace, and Sunset Princess. This was the nicest resort when it comes to the whole package. Two things set this resort apart from the others, the food and the service. I'll start with explaining the food. There were so many options to choose from. I started every day with a fresh fruit smoothie and amazing omelet. The breakfast buffet wasn't as big as others, but it was much better. Not as many choices meant fresher food. Personally, lunch is a make it or break it. At the Princess and Riu, my stomach churned at the idea of eating the same buffet food every. single. day. There were so many fresh and amazing options at Live Aqua! Sea Side Tacos, Azul, and Varenna were all open and had great options! Every day they also cooked something fresh at the pool. There was fresh grilled fish, tacos, paella, and more. SO GOOD! If all that wasn't enough, they had crepe and sushi stations set up around 5:30. After the pool, we would grab a few rolls of sushi to eat up in the room for a snack. One day I tried the crepes and they were delicious. No reservations for dinner was one of the many highlights of this resort!!! There were many nights at Riu and Princess when we were stuck eating the same buffet because we couldn't get reservations. Not the case at Live Aqua! We never waited either. I will admit that the resort was absolutely not at full occupancy. So I do think we got spoiled. Hands down my favorite restaurant was The Hidden Garden. It's so hidden that we actually didn't notice it our first couple days. I wish I could remember our waiters name. He was great and brought us dumplings to try…. make SURE you order them. MB was great too. Our waiter there brought us all the desserts to try our first trip. We finished all of them..so good! We ate at Siete one night, I would skip it next time. Slow service and mediocre food. We ended up eating MB and Hidden Garden numerous times. We got room service one night and it was great as well.
Finally on to the second thing that makes this resort great… the service! It started with Dehydra (excuse my spelling). We upgraded to a suite before we got there, and she surprised us with the Aqua Suite when we got there. The room was AMAZING. It was enormous! We so enjoyed the perk of having a cabana and foot massage every day. Tip: pick an intermediate cabana. It is between the ocean and pool. Who wants to stare ate the pool when you can stare at the ocean?? Jamie was our waiter at the cabana and he was great. He worked so hard. One day I asked for chips and guac and he came back with a whole tray of food of things for me to try. He never made me feel obligated to tip but I always wanted to because of his service and attitude. Two bartenders stood out. Octavia (spelling) at pool and the main bartender at the bar outside MB and Siete. Both were creative, welcoming, and excellent at their job! I've never had better service than what we received here. The staff was so enjoyable compared to other resorts. I can't stress that enough. The Aqua lounge was a great place to get a drink and watch a sunset. This resort has top liquor!
Overall, I am so happy we payed a little extra to stay here. It was so worth it. I am so grateful that they upgraded us to the Aqua Suite because it was something we will never forget.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite, it's worth it!
6  Thank DJK112
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Once again my sister and I chose Cancun as our yearly getaway. We specifically chose Live Aqua for its 18 and older crowd. When we walked in we were greeted and taken to the check in area. Initially we did not have an ocean view but were given an upgrade. Turns out it was an amazing upgrade. The view for the 4 th floor balcony is breathtaking. Our room was ready early so we were able to unpack and begin relaxing. Upon walking into the room, the opened curtains revealed the bluest water I have ever seen. Our room was gorgeous. We had two large beds with four pillows each, a large body pillow, and a bolster pillow. There is a coffee pot, refrigerator, ironing board with iron, large closet with six drawers, room to hang clothing, an additional dresser with shelves and drawers. There are flip flops in case you forgot yours. They offer a bag to use at the pool incase you forgot yours. However, many people do this so bring something to tie to your bag so no one mistakes it for their own. They offer laundry and shoe shine service.

The bathroom has a tub and stand up shower. There are items to use incase you forgot your shampoo, conditioner, or soaps. There is only one sink ( again this was our room. Different rooms might have two).

There are ample restaurants. Only the steak house is extra ($80 USD). My sister and I ate at Siete, Azur, Sea Corner, Sushi Station, the Italian place, and ordered room service. Everything was good. Please allow me to explain the buffet. It is not a typical buffet with troughs of food. Everything is delicately displayed. All of the food is displayed beautifully. It's a buffet so you can still go up as many times as you like. There is a wonderful salad bar with plenty of toppings. Everyday at the pool area they grill different foods. There is also a hot dog stand ( and since I reside in Chicago I cringed when people put catsup on their dogs. It's a Chicago thing). The service at the pool is great. They come by enough to ask if you want food or drinks.

The drinks are good. I have been to other all inclusives where they hand out tiny plastic cups of watered down drinks. Not here. You feel like an adult drinking and not at some frat party. Speaking of drinks. You have to try the flaming Khalua drink at the bar by the sushi restaurant. Amazing to watch and drink. In the gift shop there is a place to have coffee, sweets, and a panini.

The fitness area is great. There are plenty of weight machines, free weights, six ellipticals, six treadmills, two bikes, and a yoga room. I never had a problem getting a machine. You could also run on the beach. It stretches for about seven miles in either direction.

Lastly, and maybe the most amazing part.... My sister and I happen to tell the hotel manager how amazing the hotel was. Every detail was though of. He found out I was allergic to coconut and when the staff was passing out a pineapple drink that had coconut, he had them make one for me without the coconut. Later that evening, when my sister and I came into the room, our beds where decorated with colored rice saying "Sweet Dreams." There was a UFO and sunset all done in colored rice. Describing it does not do it any justice. It was just an amazing touch that did not have to happen.

If you want a place to relax then this is it. There are no silly pool drinking games and little to none daily activities. I don't go on vacation to run around and do things. I wanted to relax and that's what I did.

Room Tip: Opt for the Ocean View. You get to see the daily sayings in the sand.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank hippomustard
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share your feedback and the valuable comments you've provided in it. I have no doubt that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision to visit Live Aqua Cancun. Thank you for the warm words regarding our team, service, food and general relaxing atmosphere, which we try to provide to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.