“unforgettable and warmful experiences”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #3 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is my first trip to Cancun, and my son scheduled the trip and picked LiveAqua, he was highly recommended and I always trusted what he decided. When we checked in hotel and standing for room key at the sametime we got a cool ice tea served from hotel crews, it made us feel so glad for this hospitality, and the following days with smiling services with every crews, it made me feel they treat every guest as their vip. Although I was unfortunately got fractured caused by wave by beach on 1st day, and I got immediate assistance by the lifeguards and crews and sent me to hospital emergency without delay, and I felt so impressed of their service especially I was so thankful of this arrangement by Eliud Santibanez, Guest Service Manager. The hotel located at convenient shopping area and hotel schedule daily activites; like watch baby tortoises, play beach volleyball, bbq beside pools and offer quality restaurants' meals, we will definitely come back in the near future. Thanks Eliud again on our unforgettable trip! See you soon!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank freddybear2014
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience with us, it was a pleasure meeting you. It’s truly rewarding to know that your stay with us was wonderful and that you were pleased with our food options, the facilities and specially the excellent service provided by our staff, despite the unfortunate accident that you had at the beginning of your stay.

Comments like yours, with details on what made your stay so memorable are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member, as it is our inspiration for success and new achievements.

It will be an honor to have you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

There are newer reviews for Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My girlfriend and I decided on this resort because of all the good reviews we read on TripAdvisor.This resort did not disappoint. The staff were friendly and all knew enough English to hold a decent conversation in English.The bathroom has a bath tub with a separate shower. The room has a small fridge which is stocked daily with 3 different types of beer, some cans of soda, water and some snacks. There is also coffee. The room has 24 hour room service which is included in the price.
There are 7 different places to eat and they are all good. There is a sushi bar on the ground level and the sushi there is pretty good. The sushi bar is run by Javier and Vanessa, great people, and they make great sushi. Don't forget to stop by and see them.
On the ground floor also is restaurant Siete. This is my favorite spot on the resort for breakfast and dinner. That's because its buffet style, the selection is vast and the food is always so good.
In the morning I'll stop by Chef Rafael Desagunos to have one of his awesome hand crafted egg omelets. I also want to mention my server Louis, great guy. I could mention many more names because the staff here are so friendly. They make the experience great because of the good service.

The beach is beautiful. The water is blue and clear, the waves are fun. When the beach wore us out we went to relax by the pool. The pictures of the pool does not do it justice, you need to see it in person, awesome. Also when you're by the pool or down by the beach, the staff constantly comes to you taking orders for drinks then taking it to you.

For night life the resort has shuttles that can take you downtown to party at one of the night clubs. We went downtown but took a bus for 10 pesos, about 75 cents. It's safe to walk around in Cancun, even at 2 am

If you're going to Cancun, this is the place to visit.

Room Tip: You can get a garden view room or a beach view room for $40 extra per night. I took a garden vie roo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andre H

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor readers, it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food, our great location and specially the great service provided by our staff.

We really appreciate your review and recommendations, we all are looking forward to this special honor of welcoming you back to Live Aqua Cancun.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My sister and I went to Cancun for our friend's wedding - which happened to be at Live Aqua. This resort is stunning and our suite was beautiful. I didn't want to leave! Compared to all the other resorts along the beach, Live Aqua was definitely the best.

The wedding was absolutely stunning and everyone who worked there was super accommodating and kind. All the workers went out of their way to service us (getting room service to bring me ice cream from one of the restaurants - I'm sorry I suck but you guys rock!). All you can eat and drink was pretty awesome - the Mexican food is the best there... everything else is kind of just ok. Amazing salsas and guac and ceviches.

My fave worker - Chef Marco from the Siete restaurant. He made me the best smoothies and introduced aloe and beets in smoothies to me. He was adorable and super sweet.

If I ever came back to Cancun, I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a beachfront view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lillian Z

I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. I have no doubt that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision to visit Live Aqua Cancun. Thank you for the warm words regarding our team, service, food and general relaxing atmosphere, which we try to provide to our guests. I have already passed my congratulations to Marco for the exceptional service provided to you.

It will be an honor to have you as our guests again, do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Me and a few friends came back from Live Aqua a week ago. I was absolutely amazed at the experience I had there. Everything from the food, to the service, to the view we had was outstanding. Everything you could want on a vacation was available to me.

I also have to give special thanks to the medical practitioner there was. About my second day there I cut my toe in the sea pretty badly. As soon as I got to my room, someone was sent to close the wound. I forget the name but this employee went above and beyond(female employee) to make sure I was ok.

When you are there, be sure to find Rubi and Raquel. They ensure that you always have an activity to do throughout the day and are a great joy to be around. I plan to return to Live Aqua very soon. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: We had a decent view on the first floor, but for a better view I'm pretty sure a higher floor ro...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SLGarcia

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review; it’s a privilege to know that Live Aqua Cancun lives up to your expectations in every aspect of the most relaxing vacation: food and beverage selection, facilities and comfort of your room, and certainly, the service, which is the greatest and probably most important element of our resort.

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we will be looking forward to welcome you back soon; do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My friends and I selected Live Aqua Cancun based on various reviews online and and (for me) most importantly the photos past travelers published. We hit the jackpot!

From the moment you walk inside Live Aqua, the environment transforms into a live, walking spa. The clamminess, and professionalism of the staff were far beyond my expectations (everyone speaks English, don't worry). The staff members of Live Aqua are truly important to your time in Cancun and Mexico; without their help and support, you are truly lost to the outside world. Starting with Rubi and Raquel (Daily Activity Coordinators) everyone in my group of 4 couldn't imagine our trip with them. As activity coordinators, they conducted daily morning and afternoon activities such as beach & aqua yoga, volleyball and other afternoon actives on the hotel premises. They also conducted daily trips to the local nightlife scene, including clubs such as Señor Frogs, The City Nightclub, Coco Cabana and etc. Without the assistance of Raquel and Rubi, we would have likely paid easily double or triple the amount for carfare and open bar service at each location by venturing out on our own. When I return to Cancun and Live Aqua, it would be best of those two.

The food and drink options are all 5 star. Great service all-round. You will not see kids, children or even wild teenagers taking advantage of the Mexican law allowing 18+ to drink legally; a true adults only hotel.

Don't forget to bring money for tips!

-K

Room Tip: Garden Views are literally garden view with a side look at the ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is an overdue review for my stay during the new years holiday, the staff organized a new years countdown party at the beach with champagne and lots of food/appetizers till 2-3am. The food at Live aqua was excellent in general. Our favorite was the Hidden Garden restaurant with asian flair, the plates are small, but it's all inclusive, so just order more or everything from the menu. At MB, get the habanjero soup. Azul serves great pasta. Room service was excellent, i highly recommend getting in room breakfast for one day of your stay, we had breakfast set up in our room balcony overlooking the ocean prior to our excursion to chichen itza. It was amazing. The thing that keeps me from giving it 5 star is the pool chair situation, even if you get to the pool by 8am (during high season), most chairs have been taken by people that wake up at 6am to place towels on, you have to wish there is some sort of downpour during the day so that they will clear everything on the chairs and hence free for all. The hotel needs to learn from Four Seasons at Maui where they have staff keeping track of pool chairs and if left unattended for 30mins it gets automatically cleared.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank winner
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband an I spent one week at Live Aqua for our honeymoon, this was our second stay there and it was just as awesome and beautiful as it was the first time. The food in all the restaurants, room service and by the pool are maculate, the wait staff and service is absolutely amazing. Please don't forget to tip, the wait staff work in the heat of the day and will bring whatever you want and at least we can do is tip.
We are planning out next trip with all of the kids just to hang out and enjoy the amazing food, drinks and each others company!

Keep up the awesome work LIVE AQUA, we have told all of our friends about this amazing resort.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the Ocean view, the garden few is jus the view of the palm trees and you really ca...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple