Had an amazing honeymoon here in late August. Food, drinks, atmosphere, everything - amazing. The hotel had a very relaxing environment, complete with fantastic aromatherapy notes that were everywhere; loved it. Everything was gorgeous as well, the hotel, the room, the restaurants, the pool, the beach. My wife and I agree that this was the best beach we've been to. Crystal clear water that was the perfect refreshing temperature, soft sand, absolutely stunning. The weather predicted thunderstorms all week for Cancun, so we were a little worried, except we ended up having mostly sunny, beautiful 90 degree days all week, perfect beach weather. The hotel also has a station where you can buy tickets to tourist attractions. I cannot recommend Xcaret highly enough. It's an enormous nature park with so much to do (animals, ruins, interactive exhibits, beaches, underground rivers, food, amazing night show) - I could spend all day writing about it but that's not what I'm reviewing. What really sold Live Aqua (even though everything was amazing anyway) was the phenomenal, kind, attentive staff. Everyone was so friendly and eager to please you - you hear 'It's my pleasure" a lot and it's obvious they're being sincere. In just a short few days, we got to know many of the employees there because they were all so welcoming and wonderful. In the restaurant 'Siete,' we met Antonio, Jorge, Adrian, Jesus and Marco who were all wonderful. Adrian Mata was often our waiter in the morning and very quickly remembered our coffee and meal preferences and would prepare them for us without us even requesting, absolutely terrific. Marco Gama was a chef we had the pleasure of being served by, who was often hard at work at the smoothie/shake bar. He always greeted us with a smiling face and was eager to describe any of the exotic fruits we weren't sure about and prepare a smoothie exactly to our specifications. We ended up seeing Adrian and Marco most often - as we had breakfast there every morning, and it's hard to describe just how great it was to see the same welcoming, smiling faces every morning. You felt like you were going to breakfast at your friends house; they'd flag you down from across the restaurant, ask you how everything is going, and just were all around incredibly pleasant - made the morning. On the beach we had the pleasure of being served drinks by Veronica, who had somehow mastered the art of asking if you wanted another beverage just as you finished. At the 'mb' restaurant, a more formal restaurant at Live Aqua, we had the absolute pleasure of being served my Guillermo. This guy was a serious pro, I don't think I've encountered waitstaff in the U.S. as professional, courteous, and friendly as him. I wish I had a better word to describe him than just friendly because that doesn't do him justice, he clearly took a lot of pride in his job and was not seen without an inviting smile on his face at any point during our stay. We mentioned we were there for our honeymoon and when it came time for dessert, he surprised us with a beautifully decorated plate with "Happy Honeymoon" written on it, and proceeded to heat up and ignite a liquor that he then poured on it. Amazing, romantic, display - loved it. So thrilled. At another restaurant, 'Hidden Garden,' we were served by Roy. This restaurant was outdoors, hidden in a canopy, and was Asian-themed. There was very calm music and elegant decorations - very zen. Roy was the perfect fit to this theme. A very professional waiter with such a calm demeanor and warm smile, he was the embodiment of the environment of the restaurant. There's one other amazing employee who's name I regrettably can't remember. A bartender at the 'Egos' bar we met on 26/08/14, the one with four daughters, haha. As far as bartenders go, he's the best ever. Knew the drinks we preferred, and was able to have an engaging conversation while serving the entire bar. He was so pleasant and seemed truly interested in our story - a great guy to chat with while you have a couple drinks. Apparently I had too many since I can't remember his name! Overall, I highly recommend Live Aqua. I don't think we had a single complaint between my wife and myself. It's hard to go wrong with a relaxing environment, amazingly friendly and welcoming staff, and delicious food that's all included (several restaurants with different themes, 24-hr room service, sushi bar, several bars, panini/coffee shop --- All included!). I'm surprised we only gained about 3 lbs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HRS and getaroom.com so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua