“Good value for money.”

Ranked #112 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Naxxar, Malta
“Good value for money.”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Hotel is located in downtown, in a busy street where cars can be heard from the room, but it didn't bother us since we were so tired and slept like a baby! Rooms are clean and spacious, serviced daily. Pool area is nice and quiet. Most of the staff speak in English too. Bus r1 which takes you to the hotel zone and also to the ado bus station, passes in front of the hotel very frequently.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank fefa79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cozumel
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I was just a bit leery of reserving here because of the "bad Neighborhood" Remarks. I am glad I did not let those sway me. First off the staff from the desk to the maids, to the kitchen are wonderful. Because I was having a medical procedure done and I have difficulty for walking I requested a 1st floor with 2 double beds. They only had the 1 double bed room and the slightly larger jr suite with fridge available as an upgrade.

Veronica on the desk upgraded us at no extra charge and to "please call" if I or my roommate needed assistance after my surgery. They did in fact come out to the car to help my friend to get me to our room and comfortable.

Everything is so clean, and the pool is sparkling and temp is just right. Beds are comfortable and the pillows fat and fluffy. The only down point, and it is NOT a complaint, is that mussey odor that you find even in the best hotels during high humidity seasons. Easy solution is a scented candle or the scented melting cubes that I travel with. For the price you are getting a real bargain here.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Patricia H
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 28 July 2012

we have stayed 2 nights at this hotel before we moved to another hotel close to market 28. The hotel is ok but there was too much noise in the room coming from the kitchen, they changed our room, it helped but not did not work out totally. It says the shuttle from the airport would be free of charge for 2 or more nights stay but they tried to charge if at checkout. I told them in spanish that it would be free. It was time consuming to convince them especially the manager. fortunately it worked out, but we moved to another hotel much nicer again in downtown. I think it is too expensive for a downtown hotel, it is not a beach resort anyway. The rooms are comfortable and big, there was a small pool inside the hotel with a bar nearby. The breakfast was very good and delicious. The location is good, you can walk to downtown or hotel zone (sure it is a little far from the hotel) Speaking Spanish would help to find good deals so try to learn a little bit to get good deals. For instance we were three, me the only one speaking Spanish, my friend asked the room rate of one of the hotels in Playa de Carmen close to the cozumel ferry port, the receptionist told him double room would cost 70 USD, I was not around. After a while I showed up and asked the price in Spanish, he replied it would be 550 MXN (around 50 USD at that time). I haggled and we ended up 40 USD for the room.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms above the kitchen. I dont know why but noise was coming from the kitchen. T...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Came in from airport and the hotel is a short busride away from the main busstation. It is a little out of the way of downtown Cancun (which is good) but the bus stops 2 minutes away. A direct line goes to the Hotel Strip (if you like that) and also to the Puerta Juarez ferry.
Pool is small but effective and the whole place is very clean (which I find very important). Also I slept like a baby because it is quiet. Finally the shower is the best I have had in 3 weeks of travel in USA so far.
Good value for money!

Room Tip: I had 205 which is on the second floor (there is no elevator). Had airco and a REALLY good shower.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Michiel K
Panorama, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed just one night, so I can only say that this hotel is very nice, quiet, has nice common area, is clean and has swimming pool which is good. The staff speaks english. They didnt have the shuttle to the beach club available for some reason when we were there, and they didnt say why, just some problems. That wasnt very professional. There is a bus station though where you can catch a bus to the downtown or straight to the hotel zone and the beach. There is a safe in the room and A/C.

3 Thank LucianaCZ
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This hotel is clean, safe and well situated. It is in a residential part of Cancun proper, away from the hotel zone. The hotel was very clean, with a/c and cable tv. Great water pressure in the shower and plenty of towels. That said, the bathroom was tiny. As in...the size of a closet but adequate nonetheless.

The price was right for an overnight when we were traveling through Cancun. It isn't near any beaches or tourist attraction, but you can take a cab or bus to those areas if you desire. Bus is less than $1 USD and a cab to the airport about 250 pesos,

Room Tip: Get a room in the back, with a window looking at the pool to minimize street noise.
2 Thank chictraavel
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We stayed here 3 nights on our way back from Cuba to U.S.
Extremely well-maintained, well-run hotel. Great lights in room. Everything works! Nice staff!
Perfect if you had a car or want to spend several days learning bus routes.
Wish restaurant was open in evening but "taco" place across street is great; and there is a 7/11 store near-by.
Location is a weakness, except for visiting Isla Mujeres. Getting to & from airport adds significantly to cost of staying "overnight"...$20-25 each way. And...a bit noisy/industrial.
But can't beat price, service, restaurant [when open], people who work there!