“Kinda tacky hotel”

Ranked #82 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Winnipeg, Canada
“Kinda tacky hotel”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went to Cancun for a couple of days and stayed here for three nights. While the service was good, the hotel was pretty strange. The lobby area has a glass stage with coloured lights underneath. There are coloured lights in other parts of the hotel too! The rooms are very average and my bath had an open hole for a drain. It wasn't very clean and the elevators had chipped flooring. Overall a pretty bad experience. The wi-if is only in the lobby and even that is sporadic. I wouldn't recommend this place or plan on going back soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank r0yalty
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, to the Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa comments like yours are helpful to identify our areas of opportunity.
I am very sorry that your experience was not as expected. Our main goal is continuous improvement and comments like yours help us to make this possible, we are working hard on these areas of opportunity that you mention and hope to have the opportunity to change the bad image that we have caused. If there is anything I can do please do not hesitate to contact me direccion@thebelair.com.mx, I am at your service.

Best Regards.

Gerente General.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Polish first
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend. It's at the bottom of the strip so very quiet. The bus runs frequently so to get to the parties downtown is easy. There aren't any shows or entertainment so that's a downside but the service is amazing. The staff are so genuine, very helpful and always willing to help. The hotel itself is a bit older and although it's maintained the place needs to be fixed up. Our shower leaked, the balcony door didn't lock but it's just a room we didn't spend much time in it. It's affordable and gets you to Cancun for cheap. The food was great but little selection as it's not a buffet just restaurant with different menus. The beds were comfy and if your on a budget the hotel is fine. Not the best but the beach, the pool, the scenery and staff make up for it. I liked it for what I paid. I wouldn't pay anymore for this hotel though. Apparently it's being totally renovated in a few months. If that's the case then I will go back here. The staff made it likeable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hamilton_Jelly
Dear Guest.

First of all I thank you for taking the time to write us and we chose Bel Air Collection Resort and Spa Cancun.

Thank you for your valuable feedback to our team, which made ​​sure you feel good during your stay.

It is true that we are in a process of improvement in the maintenance of the Hotel.
We look forward to your next vacation will be a pleasure to have you with us.

Best Regards,

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is the worst property and you couldn't pay me to stay here. Rain came through the lobby, the window sill was coming off and it was completely cracked along with the balcony. I was afraid that the room would cave in. Additionally, you could hear every single thing anyone said in any room. There was no escape. The elevator didn't work well and the entire property was eroding and cracked visibly from the foundation up in many places. The outdoor entertainment did not have a roof and the metal frame that once probably had a cover was rusted out everywhere. You could see it from 20 feet below if looking up. This was a total waste of money. Everything was booked in Cancun otherwise I would've left. Cancun is known for its bad weather and minor earthquakes. This place probably hasn't been repaired since they built it.

Room Tip: Keep looking.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank Taken2014
Dear Guest.

I regret that we do not meet your expectations during his time in Bel Air, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you mentioned in your valuable comments. I assure you that nothing is more important to us as comfort and satisfaction of each person who gives us the honor of being our guest, it’s a shame you feel disappointed with the quality of service. Hope gives us the opportunity to return in the future to provide the best personalized service and make your vacation in Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa a truly good experience.

Kind Regards

Andrea Bosio.

Travellers are raving about these Cancun hotels

St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Looking at all the photos provided by the hotel and its website, one can be a bit disappointed when you actually see the place. The entrance to the pool is quite lovely, but that's where it pretty much ends. It's a tired old hotel with a fresh, white paint job. There are many tripping hazards, you must get used to looking down at nearly all the entrances to avoid a fall, perhaps hi-visibility tape would provide some kind of warning. There is a strong smell of raw sewage that creeps up occasionally, from the shower vents and even in the middle of the atrium. That must be resolved by management, as it is a health concern. Guests could use a few more seats or benches as they are very limited.
Food is basic, nothing fancy, and not too consistent. Order the same dish for 3 days, it's different every day. Red velvet cake and the Bananna split was the best dessert. The restaurant, itself, is very hot on a sunny day so avid the window area and ask for a cool place to sit.
The hotel staff, however, make the best from what little they have to work with. Special thanks to Marisella (pool server), Fabiola (restaurant and sushi), Paty, Manuel, Jorge & Pacheco (restaurant staff), Mary and Karina (housekeeping), they really made our stay comfortable and special.
We will explore the Mayan Riviera on our next vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MisterMikeTheGreat
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Guest.

Please let me express my sincere thanks for sharing with us these generous comments about our services, our goal is continuous improvement, and this is possible thanks to comments like yours. There is nothing like knowing that our customers had a great time during your stay with us, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you had with your room. We are in a plan improvements for room facilities which are moving considerably.
Thank you for your review and will be waiting for your next visit.

Best Regards,

Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I just spent a week at this hotel. It was perfect if you are looking to have a quiet relaxing week. There is no entertainment at the hotel. Only 2 restaurants. Since it is in Cancun it was very close to shopping and restaurants. It is an older hotel and quite small. The beach and pool areas are quiet with plenty of lounge chairs and the staff is excellent, especially Josè at the pool bar and the hard working lady delivering food and drinks to everyone around the pool at at the beach (can't remember her name). The rooms were average, beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank C_Alv1234
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your kind review and recognition of our effort, which is a great inspiration to us in our work. I truly hope that memories of this vacation will bring you back to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun soon.

Best regards.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We just got back from a 7 day 6 night vacation at Bel Air Collection in Cancun, and we had a lovely time! Our room had a balcony with an ocean view that was breathtaking. The pool and the beach were perfect and not over crowded at all. Every meal after breakfast was delicious, either in the restaurant or snack bar by the pool. To clarify, the breakfast wasn't bad, just buffet style. Dinner was my favorite and was fantastic every night, plus we loved the hostess, and the waitstaff, Jesus, Gerardo and his special coffee, and Angel were all amazing! We also always had a special treat waiting when we went back to the room at night. I have read many bad reviews about this place and about booking through Dream2travel, and that is the only reason that I'm writing this review, is to make sure that I make clear that we loved our entire trip! We also took the bus a few days and we had no problems with that, either. The only thing I would recommend improving is the fact that the pool area closes at 6. We were really looking forward to the hot tub one night after a long day, at about 7pm and it was already cold. Other than that, I have nothing to complain about, we loved our stay at Bel Air Collection!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank BrianandCale
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest:

First I would like to thank you for visiting Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun. Thanks for sharing your opinion with us as well as the encouraging words about our team and our work. It is a pleasure to know that your stay was satisfactory.
Thank you for all the very good work that you give to us. We were really grateful with you and we hope have you here every single holiday, making every effort to turn each day spent with us memorable.
I would like to thank you for your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again.

Lic. Andrea Bosio
Caraquet, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I had really enjoyed my stay... staff are wonderful except for Juan at the swim up pool bar who s not a friendly barman, i didn t see him smile all week long to anyone. Not a place for him... not a Big choice for fois but great quality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for all the kind words and especially for comparing our desire to make your vacation unforgettable to a family treatment. It’s my sincere pleasure to learn from your review that our team filled your vacation with care and memories. We all are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun.

Lic. Andrea Bosio