“EXCELLENT RESTUARANT SERVICE”

Ranked #81 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Streamwood, Illinois
“EXCELLENT RESTUARANT SERVICE”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We just came back from Cancun and stayed at the Bel Air Collection it was a lovely trip, we were there to enjoy a wedding and after I was going to move to another hotel, luckily the waiters at the restaurant were amazing the supervisor Carlos, Pacheco and Jose Maria. Thank you guys for an amazing time always a pleasure going to dine with you. Maybe you can teach the registration staff to be a bit more humble and helpful, they need to loosen up. The hotel needs a little restoration, but overall very pleasant staff. I would recommend this hotel, but overall stop and see the restaurant staff....EXCELLENT!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean view, you must wake up and go to sleep with the view or sound of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest.

First I would like to thank you for visiting Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun. Thanks for sharing your opinion with us as well as the encouraging words about our team and our work. It is a pleasure to know that your stay was satisfactory.
I would like to thank you for your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again.

Best Regards.

General manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Have stayed at this hotel twice and would stay again

Situated at the quiet end of the hotel zone on a gorgeous bit of beach which always seems to be deserted whatever time of year!

the layout and design of the hotel is amazing but I must admit, it has been neglected a bit and the last time i visited could probably have done with redecorating. Love the way everything is white though with a splash of red every now and again.

The food is absolutely yummy but there isn't much choice. I stayed for two weeks all inclusive and got very bored with the selection despite all of it being very tasty. I wouldn't recommend going all inclusive in Cancun because there are so many nice restaurants and bars that you will want to try elsewhere.

Loved sitting on the top floor with a glass of champagne (ok, it was cheap sparkling wine but it made me happy!) and watching the sunset over the lagoon every evening. This is a nice touch that the hotel offer for free if you go all inclusive.

Pool always clean and never had a problem finding a free sun lounger.

We found the bar staff both by the pool and in the main bar very friendly and helpful but I must admit the staff on the front desk were quite slow and not so attentive.

You get what you pay for in Cancun and in my opinion this hotel is excellent value for money. Yes, there are plenty of hotels in Cancun which are much more luxurious but the prices can be phenomenal. There are also many budget hotels. This one is right in the middle of the road for me, affordable luxury :)

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms are lovely but you don't get a balcony :( Go for a room as high up as possibl...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hellocheekycheeky
Dear Guest:

Let me express my sincere thanks for sharing with us these generous comments about our work and our services. Thanks again for choosing us. There is nothing more satisfying as knowing that our customers had a memorable stay with us. Thanks for your recommendations and we will be waiting for your next visit.

Best Regards

Lic. Andrea Bosio
Gerente General
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is not horrible but as nice as they lead you to think. Personnel is OK not over the top. The room is just a place to sleep if you are having fun at the visiting areas. The bathroom is bad. Water flows on the floor and glass door was missing. Bad smell at night. The building was just purchased and " face lifted" like a surgery gone bad. Not enough parking. Food was great and the view of the beach was excellent. Water warm and clear. Very Windy.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Edixon M
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest:

Before I want to thank you for the comments left us, I assure you that I read and take into account our improvements. I offer my apologies for the mistakes we have made.

Please accept my apologies if you had any inconvenience . If there is anything I can do please do not hesitate to contact me, I am at your service.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We came here for a relaxing holiday, and some fun. And had a nice time. The hotel is a 10 minute bus ride from the bars, restaurants, and "malls", so going out in the evening was simple. Relaxing around the pool was made very enjoyable, by Marisela in the pool bar, who provided fantastic service, as well as lots of food and drink, with a smile. On the beach, the life guard even went diving before work to get some shells for my partner. Any questions we had were answered quickly and efficiently, by Carlos in the reception area. Overall we would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank marpal30
Dear Guest:

Thanks for sharing this review with us and for visiting us, please acknowledge the work of Marisela, and Carlos Othon our lifeguards, we have a great team that makes sure to make your stay unforgettable.

General Manager.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Excellent Customer service Samuel Arciga excellent service, Juan porfirio excellent,angel, alma, Marvin,Valerie,Karla if you want a excellent service go to them. Spa highly recommended, koollanas is the best room to stay you will have a nice view to the beach ,Excellent food get puntas ala mexicana everything is good @ the restaurant . Excellent hotel to relax with no crowd they will even let you put music , first time in cancun. Also recommend xplore,tulum and get the tour to snokle, isla mujeres get the tour, playa del Carmen fusion bar at the beach and 5th ave. xcaret ,pirates hook ship in cancun and the lagoon cruise. Didn't go to to xo himilco you need to get a car to drive everywhere sorry I forgot tortas guanatos they have live music and go to mercado 28 too obuy souvenirs

Room Tip: Get the one with jacuzzi
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ruben l
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest:

Firstly thank you has taken some of their time to write and share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to know that satisfied with are the care and service they received in our hotel. We are committed to providing the best service possible for you to have fond memories. We are pleased that also enjoyed the food and the attention of all employees. We appreciate your extensive recommendations and happy to have them back.

General Manager.
Kansas, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and it turned out I should pay more attention on the negative comments on Tripadvisor next time. When planning our trip we checked the price different hotels, took a glimpse on the first 3-5 reviews on Tripadvisor and we paid the money, seal the deal. But when we arrived this hotel after passing by so many “resplendent" resorts in Cancun we felt terribly disappointed. It's an old, out fashioned small hotel. I admit that we didn't pay for Bel Air as much as what is need for fancier resorts like Riu or Dreams, but the price-performance ratio is far lower here in Bel Air. Everything here is cheap and broken, you can tell the attitude of this hotel from every detail you can see. Some reviews says this hotel is much more quite and romantic but no, I don't think so, it's true there were definitely no entertainment except the loud random music in the lobby, nothing I can tell is related to romantic. We couldn't afford to ignore the lost if we cancel our reservation (no refund of course) so we spend 5 nights here. There's is a saying that the meaning of travelling is letting you miss home, at this point, Bel Air is best...

Long story in short:
Service is not bad, staff always smiles, but low efficiency.
Food choice is limited, and the service is super slow. The restaurant has a weird smell - probably because of the towels on the restaurant floor. The lights in the restaurant is dim and it always take more than 30 minutes for your dishes to be ready. Almost fell in asleep during waiting for dinner.
Lobby: raining completely fall onto the lobby floor so you need to be extremely careful about the slippery floor.
Pool: the water and the lights under the water looks nice, but the furniture are like bought from a thrift shop. I saw a bottle floating on the pool one night but no staff care about it.
Wi-Fi: no wifi in rooms, only in lobby but very weak.

P.S. The waiter at the sushi bar besides the lobby was nice and helpful. We were very satisfied with his smile and hard work.

Anyway, I will never come back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are definitely better than lake-view rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Charles Y
Dear Guest:

First I would like to thank you for visiting Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun. Please accept my sincere apologies for not meet your expectations.
I'd also say that our main goal is continuous improvement, and thanks to comments like yours that can make possible. Thanks for your good comments and do not hesitate in contact me if you need any assistance, I am at your service.

General manager.

Travellers are raving about these Cancun hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed overnight here before leaving on a flight out of Cancun for home. We were assigned a room on the third floor with a romantic view of the parking lot! The young woman who checked us in was obviously new at her job- it took about 45 minutes for us to check in, and she DEMANDED $1000 pesos cash for us to put down as a deposit, not a credit card as per usual procedure. The room was small, with very little space to lay suitcases. In addition, the thermostat was set so that you couldn't get it below 25oC (about 77oF). Very uncomfortable for sleeping. The decor in the room was charming, but given the small size of the room and the temperature, I was glad we were staying only one night. I had a "Strawberry" Daiquiri at the hotel bar, but the taste of the maroon liquid that the bartender added to the ?rum and lime juice was so overwhelming (and nasty), I wasn't sure what else the drink had in it.

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanfront room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeepleWatcher
Dear Guest:

Please let me express my sincere thanks for sharing with us this generous comments about our work and our services, our goal is continuous improvement, and this is possible thanks to comments like yours. There's nothing like knowing that our clients had a great time during your stay with us, please accept my apologies if you had any inconvenience . If there is anything I can do please do not hesitate to contact me, I am at your service. dirección@thebelair.com.mx