“WEBSITES CAN BE DECEIVING!!!!!!!”

Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #78 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel gives a bad rep for all-inclusive resorts. Let's start with service: check-in was pretty quick even though they lack a reception area. The staff did not provide information about the resort or what was happening during the weekend or the week. Waiter Service: They lacked service experience especially for couples over 60s. We witnessed these couples did not receive any attention at all. There was also a blind man in this resort who was constantly banging against the walls and the guest in the hotel we actually guiding this man rather than the staff (HORRIBLE!!!) We however, did meet some very nice staff at the resort (Marisela (waitress, pool and lobby area), Alonso and Carlos (Restaurant and lobby area), Yessenia (Sushi Bar/Restaurant) and Sarah(reception area). The drinks & food were good. Marisela overall was very attentive with everyone, she took the time to know her guest and provide the service they wanted. The bartender Juan in the lobby area, made great drinks entertained the guest and was polite and genuine. The pool looks nice in photos but it got really dirty and we addressed it to one of the staff and he indicate that they put the treatment in the pool but the filters needed to be replaced. after the second day I was there I enjoyed the beach more, thank you for the beach in CANCUN (Beautiful!!!) The one thing that was annoying was the check out process. There was no-one addressing the guest or directing them with who or where to go to check out so guest were standing around, since there was no reception area. They tried to charging us $50 (DOLLARS) for USED bed sheets since the sheets were stains from the henna tattoos we got earlier (which is pretty common). I requested to keep the sheets since I was going to pay for them I thought I could use them for my dogs. BTW (ByTheWay) there were no signs indicating that the sheets would be charged if for any reason the sheets were stained. After scrambling for a couple of minuites they told us they discarded the sheets because they where usleless and they would wave the fee this one time just for us WTH (WhatTheHeck)!!!?????? odd. They are not very informative with what is happening on or off the resort, but they do try to take all the money you have.....they do not provide discounts for any of the excursions, so be careful. I don't see myself returning there again. If you are on a budget and none of this matter to you, go for it.

Room Tip: Be specific with you room detail and your room cleaning service. Remember to ask for names that wou...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tattyvilla
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I regret that we do not meet your expectations during his time in Bel Air, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you mentioned in your valuable comments. I assure you that nothing is more important to us as comfort and satisfaction of each person who gives us the honor of being our guest, it’s a shame you feel disappointed with the quality of service. Hope gives us the opportunity to return in the future to provide the best personalized service and make your vacation in Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa a truly experience.

Kind Regards.

Roberto Díaz

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed there for 2 weeks with my husband for our honeymoon. We are both 25 and all we wanted was to eat well and relax.
Everything about this hotel was amazing but what made it for us was the staff. One in particular Juan the barman was outstanding, he was very friendly and took good care of us.
We stayed in the jacuzzi suite which was beautiful and very clean as was the rest of the hotel.
For once the photos on the website was how the hotel looked.
Pool staff were very quick with orders and always had a smile on their face.
Food was 5 star, we loved everything that we ate. The chef even came out to ask us how the food was.
I would highly recommend this hotel and we will be going back for our anniversary.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Aurora-8989
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest.

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Bel Air to celebrate their Honeymoon and leaving your kind comments on this page. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoy your stay with us and we appreciate the way in which we recommended, will be happy to have them back with us and be assured that we will do our best to make your stay very pleasant.

Best regards.

Roberto Díaz

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The NEGATIVES: Room looked clean when we walked in but as soon as I started snooping around room was gross sheets were really dirty and felt dirty( Thank God I took extra blankets) bathroom sink was dirty too toilet seat looked dirty, looks like a cheap hotel, "alcohol" drinks have no alcohol can't taste any of the alcohol The "continental breakfast" is just coffee with bread POSITIVES: staff is super nice! We loved the beach and pool but other than that we won't be staying here again!

Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank Cvh3
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Spent 5 nights at this hotel and they were fantastic. The staff here are very attentive and friendly. Yes, the hotel is small and needs a bit of remodeling but for the price you are paying compared to other hotels it is good. Their isn't a variety of food. It's better to eat at the restaurant than ordering room service. Loved that there was always enough lounge chairs near the pool and beach. The staff at the pool/beach are amazing. The beds in the rooms are really comfortable and relaxing. The rooms are always clean. A downside is that the showers need a another door added or the water spills on the floor and the elevator some times has a mind of its own. Also if you decide to do activities while staying there, Best Day agents or other agents are in the hotel to book them. Overall, if you are looking to relax in Cancun this hotel is perfect. The staff really works hard to make your stay pleasant. I would definitely come back to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank EDDIE L
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Best regards.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel on the proviso that we take part in a timeshare presentation so we got an extremely good deal on the price of our all inclusive five night stay. For the price that we paid, we could not have been happier! Met with smiles and drinks upon arrival is always a great way to start off a vacation. From there, it just got better. We were early but Bri I believe her name was, not only told us that our room was ready and we were able to check in early, but they also upgraded us from a lagoon view room to an ocean view on the top floor, without us even asking! Amazing! When we got to the very spacious room, there were rose petals everywhere (in a heart shape on the bed, trailing to the floor and in the bathroom) Lovely touch. The shower was huge and we had no problems with the water spilling out as some folks have mentioned. The view of the infinity pool into the ocean was spectacular. Best of all, included in our stay was not only all you could drink and eat but they had a little sunset corner every night overlooking the lagoon, with champagne and little cakes, right outside our room! We ate at the sushi bar two nights, the Italian two nights and the main part of the restaurant (where breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily) the other night. We enjoyed all the food. You can also get food outside from the bar menu for lunch. I had the BLT and fries which hit the spot. We found all the staff to be friendly. There drinks service continues onto the beach in front of the hotel where they have loungers and umbrellas and a few cabañas. This is a quiet hotel with a laid back pace, perfect for what we wanted which was a few days of relaxation to just read and enjoy a beautiful beach. The timeshare took two hours from start to finish, from hotel pick up to hotel drop off. We didn't feel their offer was right for us, so declined and were left to enjoy the rest of the vacation. The only blip was that our safe did not work for the duration of the stay. A chap came to look at it, said he would be back but never resurfaced. No problem! I took our passports with us and even leaving my laptop in the room (hidden) nothing was stolen. The room was very clean, we had plenty of towels and the fridge was stocked daily with water, soda and a coupe of beers. I know it is disappointing if you go on a long awaited vacation and have problems and I sympathize with people on here who encountered problems. But I cannot give anything but a positive review because we really enjoyed ourselves!

Room Tip: The lagoon is pretty but I would definitely recommend an ocean view. The higher the better!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jellybean38

Dear Guest.

First I would like to thank you for visiting Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun. Thanks for sharing your opinion with us as well as the encouraging words about our team and our work. It is a pleasure to know that your stay was satisfactory.
I would like to thank you for your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again.

Best Regards.

General manager.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Positives: it was clean and the staff was great. This is an adults only hotel. Rooms have one queen size bed. The furnishings were modern, on the funky, cheap side with flowing curtains and plastic modern seats that are very low to the ground. The advertised breakfast was only a dry roll and coffee, from 6 to 8 a.m. The free mimosa, a half glass of chablis. They serve breakfast to all-inclusive guests, not sure why they couldn't serve it to all, as meals weren't that posh.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank IJLK
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, to the Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa comments like yours are helpful to identify our areas of opportunity.
I am very sorry that your experience was not as expected and you got sick. Our main goal is continuous improvement and comments like yours help us to make this possible, we are working hard on these areas of opportunity that you mention and hope to have the opportunity to change the bad image that we have caused. If there is anything I can do please do not hesitate to contact me, I am at your service. direccion@thebelair.com.mx

Best Regards.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

overall we were very pleased with the hotel and the staff were excellent .there were too many too mention because from the time we walked through the door we were welcomed by friendy staff.
The only dis appointing part was with nolitours.If you plan to do any tours i would suggest you not prebook and make sure you check your departure times because they do change them and if you are not notified you will still be charged even though it is no fault of your own.we waited an hour for our tour bus when the bellboy checked into it and made several calls they said the time was changed to an earlier time.We were unable to reach anyone by phone and when i did reach them through e-mail they did nothing for us,by the way it took about 8weeks for a reply and had to go through trvel agency to have them contact us.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was great and great view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie Y
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear guest.