The hotel is very grand looking and the lobby is impressive. The staff is hit and miss for good customer service. Most of them are nice, but a few are not as nice. They are not rude or anything, just don't smile much. It seems they are overworked though, that might be the issue. I noticed employees that were working late would be working early morning! The front desk people seemed to be the same ones working all time, sheesh! Anyway there are a few employees that really shined and make me want to come back. I can't remember their names since its been a couple weeks since we returned. The best one employee by far is the events coordinator, nice looking gentleman he was always at the pool coordinating events and the shows at night, he was GREAT!. Paulina (I think), she did the water aerobics in the pool the morning/afternoon of 6/24, she was also GREAT! The staff at the restaurants were nice, but much nicer if tipped even just a bit. Their is no A/C in Magnus which can make it unbearable at times to eat, its too hot! The waiter, Jose, I believe at Big Ben was terrible to my kids that went to eat there one night, they are older (18, 15 and 11) and are very polite, but I think he thought they wouldn't tip him, so he was one sore spot during the trip. Went to go ask for the manager later after I found out how they were treated, and one of the bus persons was adamant that HE was the manager, which I don't believe. Be careful with getting deceived, that can happen a lot especially if you don't know the language. Not necessarily at the hotel (except for the incident I just mentioned), but in general if you are in the city, there a people that will take advantage of tourists that don't speak Spanish, thankfully that is not my case, but beware if you don't. The common areas in the hotel are pretty clean, but the room cleanliness is lacking. We got upgraded to a suite since they were overbooked, but the shower has mold and it's pretty gross. The view from the balcony is over the top though! If you are not super picky, this hotel will work for you and you can't beat the price (very family oriented). Oh, another thing the Karaoke guy is pretty cool, sucked that their equipment was not working all the way. Another good tip, check out the gift shop, they were CHEAPER than some of the market places in town. The creperie was a bit of a disappointment, they didn't seem to have much variety oh and the Manhattan restaurant is not that great, Maguey is very good though. Marco at the pool bar does an AMAZING job!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Parnassus Family Resort is located at KM 17 on the Hotel Zone. It is an ideal hotel whether you are vacationing, celebrating or working. Ranging from fun to excitement for the whole family. With areas specialized for baby care, plus a complete children’s water park with a castle, pirate ship and water slides. Teenager club and a complete day and night time activities program. All the upbeat fun imaginable for families; snack bars, coffee and sweets at our creperie. Offering also exclusive areas for adults only. When choosing suites or club rooms for adults only, guests have access to our elite lounge restaurant for breakfast, and in-room special amenities. A variety of 7 different restaurants, 11 bars, 24 hour room service, 4 pools, mini golf plus a variety of different suites to choose from including family suites that fit up to five people. Entertainment at night, with interactive games and shows performed by our entertainers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Great Parnassus Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Parnassus Cancun