“Very Nice, I'll be back”
Review of ME Cancun

ME Cancun
Ranked #38 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
puebla
“Very Nice, I'll be back”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Its a very nice hotel. Great Pool and Beach area. The Lobby is amazing. The restaurants almost all very good. The Breakfast Buffet area needs an immediate remodel, furnishing old and just not very nice. The rooms, well lets say it that way you don't spent much time there anyways... The rooms are a great size, but the doors and bathrooms also in dire need of a remodel. One can see by the rooms it was an old hotel that was just given a minor remodel.
The Bar lots of fun and very spacious.
DO NOT OVER TIP the guys bringing you drinks to the beach. No matter how much you give them the service is just not there, you give them 200 pesos is the same as giving 20, you just wait and wait...
But at the end you will have a great time and enjoy paradise for a few days

Room Tip: If you want to have a little window few to the Caribbean, pay the extra but it really is not worth i...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank marc203
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear marc203
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We truly apreciate the time you took, comments like yours are very important since they help us identify posible áreas of improvement. I am truly sorry about the service you recieved on the beach. I will definetely share your feedback with our F&B director so we make sure this does not happen again to you or to any other guest. We look forward to your future stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,202)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Manhattan, NY
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I have stayed multiple times at this hotel. Both the interior, including rooms and lobby, as well as the pool area, are beautiful. It has a great decor, and, at the same time, a warm atmosphere. I believe the welcoming atmosphere comes from the staff. At the adult pool, Pablo promotes a fun, cool atmosphere. Valeria is always smiling and positive, and has a talent for remembering details that help me, a returning guest, feel special. The waiters at the pool are all especially attentive, and I want to recognize Edgar and Erik as always pleasantly anticipating any need. The breakfast buffet is fantastic, and Julio not only recognizes me the instant I walk in for the first time each visit, but swiftly brings anything needed, with a cheerful way about him. I love the rooms and the service, as well as the party feel at the pool and RoseBar....and I am currently planning my return visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank OceanandSun
Dear OceanandSun
Thank you so much for choosing us every time. I will be sure to share your nice comments with our staff so they keep up the good work of making our guests feel as special as they are. Thank you really for sharing with tons of travelers about the ME experience. We look forward to hosting you back, the sooner the better!
Ruston, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 November 2013

had beautiful weather, topped off with a beautiful stay. the beach, the pool'S were amazing, and service was great.
couldn't have been more happier!
The all inclusive resort was perfect! Even the restaurants were amazing! couldn't decide on a favourite! but there was one waiter 'Enrique Romero Padilla' who we defiantly had a few laughs with and great service!
ME is perfection.
I've travelled around the world and defiantly one of the best.
You must go to the SPA 10/10! so amazing!
I will stay there next time!

Room Tip: Beach room view - high level or get the rooms with the balcony ( costs extra $$) but defiantly wor...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Hannah W
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Hannah W
We deeply apreciate your kind review!! I will definetely share your comments with Enrique, so he knows about the great job he is doing. I have to say the spa is also my favorite part of the experience. Thank you very much for sharing with other travelers.
Orange, California
Reviewed 29 November 2013

First I must say that the property is gorgeous, upscale and really worth the money. What made the entire stay so easy to relax and enjoy the amenities were the staff. Adrian, Manuel, and Santiago went above and beyond in every way to ensure we enjoyed every minute. It was my wifes 40th birthday and I told Adrian early in the week. To our surprise, 4 days later he and Manuel surprised her with a cake and a serenade. Amazing! The food was also great. We enjoyed fine dining every day for every meal. As i told the staff, Im coming back every year

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Bboyd75
Dear Bboyd75
I am truly glad to read Adrian, Manuel & Santiago made you and your wife enjoy in such a special way her birthday!! I will be sure to share your comments with them so they keep up the good work. We truly apreciate the time you took to share such nice review.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 November 2013

GREAT EXPERIENCE AT ME CANCUN!!!! This resort definitely went beyond my expectations after reading several bad reviews on here. I chose not to change resort locations prior to trip because I felt I needed to experience it myself. Upon arrival, we were greeted with great service from the front desk(Yeusenia). We were given a great rate, that I suggested, in which they honored to upgrade to ocean view! The remaining staff (Pedro, Cesar, and Fernando) I had contact with at the front desk during the week were professional and very accomodating with any inquiries or requests I had.

Gilberto, at the concierge desk was very friendly and accomodated some special requests we had on the menu for the barefoot dinner on the beach. We did make some suggestions to the head waiter, Carlos that evening to make the dinner on the beach more comfortable in the future for some guests. He even saw us later in the week to confirm that he communicated our suggestions to management. Our waiter, Juan for the evening was great as well and made sure our dinner experience was enjoyable.

Estella, our housekeeper for the week was so friendly and did a great job and always willing to fulfill any request we had. She even got creative with designs on our bedding...was fun! The guys also kept our mini bar well stocked all week and gave us extra water if needed.The AC for us in our room worked great and at times was too cold for us!

The pool area is amazing!! Day beds were along the edge of pool during the weekdays (at least during month of Nov.) in the main pool area at no charge but first come first serve. The bartendars at the swim up bar were always ready to take your drink order. My favorite was the infinity pool in the adult area with the most amzing view of the sea. Pablo Esteban, who oversees the entire Beach Club as well as Rose Bar and Rose Deck was always ensuring we were taken care of and provided excellent service. Even several people we met on our trip commented on how hard Pablo worked because they would also see him the same night at the Rose Bar. All of the staff at the pool were exceptional!

The food was great at all restaurants! My favorite was The Beach House for lunch during day and dinner. The Habachi grille was fun experience at Salt as well as dining in the main area for Sushi. Very good! Silk provided a great variety of food for brunch to accomodate any pallette. Very healthy choices along with great omelettes, juice bar and mexican breakfast options. Any requests we had were met by waiters always ensuring our experience was great! The Rose Bar was a fun place to stop in for drinks after dinner. Quieter during the week, I believe because it being off-season. It picks up Thursday nights and ladies night is on Friday. Service was great, Eduardo at the end of bar is exceptional with making sure we always had a drink. They made me a great kiwi muddled vodka cocktail! Pablo Esteban oversees at night(Rose Bar/Rose Deck) and is very friendly talking to guests making sure they are having a good time and have a drink or water in hand. If not, he would get right on it to get us a drink or help out with getting waters to guests.E-Space was great and open early for coffe, lattes, fruit and pastries.

Overall, I was very impressed with the service by all staff members encountered. I left with a great impression and happy the negative reviews on here were not experienced by me. I will be back next year with a big group of friends for my birthday celebration!!! I Love Me Cancun! Until next year....adios!!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to Ocean View...worth it!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Elicia M
Dear Elicia M
Thank you so much for sharing such a detailed review! and for letting us show you what the ME experience is about. We are truly honored that you enjoyed it!! We deeply apreciate your review specially because bad reviews spread faster, so we always apreciate when our guests decide to spread the good word. I will definetely share your comments with our staff so they feel encouraged to keep building our guests´ experience. We look forward to your future stay, we are so honored to have the chance to host you for your birthday.
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Our stay was incredible. The wait staff waited on us hand and foot. The food was perfection. The room incredible. The pool was first class. Everything was clean and neat. The decorum was totally cool. The sculptures were awesome. We will stay there again!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Lizlaw12
Dear Lizlaw12
We can´t wait to host you again! Be sure to let us know whenever you are coming back! Thank you sincerely for sharing your review with us
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This is a really lovely hotel, and I had a great time there. It did have it's faults, but nothing that would stop me returning.

The food was nice without being exceptional. The best restaurant by far was the sushi one, we thought. Salt or Silk it was called, one of the two. Breakfast buffet was great, lots of variety. The hotel staff were nice and friendly, calm, and willing to help. All bar the car hire people who tried to charge us $100 for the day (in Avis down the road it was $30).

Although clean and well-designed, the decor is a bit tacky, and slightly old fashioned. It’s the kinda place that would have looked really smart in about 2005, but now it looks a bit pretentious. It’s definitely a kind of more is more place. The art for example: lots of shiny blobs that we couldn’t work out whether they were meant to be fish or huge dildos. I’m guessing not the latter, but you get the point. It’s not a place in love with subtlety.

The room was nice and the view was amazing. The pools looked beautiful although there were annoyingly shallow (what’s with this only four-foot deep swimming pool thing, I like to dive in)! Walking from the hotel up to the end of Cancun beach I decided our hotel looked the best. The nicest pools and loungers, the least-tired looking beachfront. I would happily return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jrobinsuk
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear jrobinsuk
Thank you very much for your review. We deeply apreciate the time you took to share with other readers about the ME experience. We apreciate your commentaries regarding the decor. As a matter of fact the sculptures in the lobby are mermaids, and yes there are also fish banks around. I will be sure we share with our guests a lot more the storytelling behind our sculptures. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We definetely hope to host you back soon