“Superb diving and service”
Review of Scuba Cancun

Scuba Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Cancun, is one of the first running dive centers in all of Cancun and Riviera maya, Founded in August of 1980.We are a medium size PADI 5 star dive center. We run diving and snorkel trips in Cancun, Cozumel and the cenotes of Riviera Maya. Scuba Cancun is a DAN Training Center, offering all Divers Alert Network courses to Instructor Level
New York City, New York
“Superb diving and service”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Had a fantastic experience diving with these guys, woii recommend them any day.
We where surprised with the service and the nice reefs full of marine life.
Everyone from front desk to boat captains where smiling and always eager to help.

THOMAS H, Owner at Scuba Cancun, responded to this review, 23 October 2014
We want to thank you very much for you nice review .
We hope you can visit us again.

New York City, New York
“Fantastic dives and dive team”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We dove with Scuba cancun last week and had a great time with them.
We had been referred to them by friends in Washington.
Great reefs, the staff is very friendly and knows what their are doing, the boats are big and comfortable you can walk aroung in the boats, we rented their equipment it worked perfectly.
We will be recommending them and maybe next year we will be back in Cancun diving with them.

Visited August 2014
"Muchas gracias"
San Antonio, Texas
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“best dive company in cancun”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

these guys know what they are doing. I have used them for 17 years, and they can accomodate any diving location, from cozumel, cenotes.. etc.

2 Thank luvmy32000
Thank you very much for you nice review .
Its an honor to have you come back again and again.
Kansas City, Missouri
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“True professionals”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We did a 2 tank dive with Scuba Cancun while visiting Playa Mujeres on our anniversary trip.

We did the earlier trip and it was a bit chaotic at check in and the boat was a bit full for our liking.

Once we got on our way, things calmed down a bit and Luis our dive master gave us the dive plan

We really enjoyed the first dive, but it's the second dive that earns Scuba Cancun (and Luis) 4 stars: During our dive, one of the divers in our party started to have an issue. Luis was immediately on the scene and was able to share his air and address the problem in an extremely calm and professional manner. It was like watching a training exercise of how to perform in the event of an issue. It served as a clear reminder of how much of a difference a good dive master can make on the experience.

Well done, Scuba Cancun

2 Thank jelmutiger
Glasgow, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Even for a first timer, it seemed a little unorganised.”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I carried out my first ever scuba dive last week whilst holidaying in Cancun where I visited the MUSA underwater museum near to the Isla Mujeres. The dive itself was very enjoyable and I would do one again purely based on this experience, however the experience leading up to the dive seemed pretty disorganised and excessively strung out.

I booked through Thomson and was requested to attend the dive centre by 11.30am where I asked to take a seat and fill out some medical forms. An hour later, by 12.30pm, I had been given my equipment, shown how to wear it and had attended a beginners briefing on the very basics of scuba diving, including clearing pressure in the head, blowing through nose to inflate the mask, clearing water from the mask, clearing water from the resonator etc.

I was then allowed into the dive pool to start my underwater training where I was run through each of the above techniques and allowed to swim under the water to gain comfort and experience. This all finished by 1.00pm and after another hour of idly sitting around, we eventually set sail after 2.00pm to the dive site.

There were four of us in the dive party, including the instructor. I could see that the other two divers were more experienced than myself as they were being given more in depth instruction and training than I received.

The dive itself was excellent, although at 25 minutes or so, I did feel it was pretty short and I could have easily spent another 15 minutes or so at least down there I was having so much fun. I was then brought to the surface and jumped back on the boat, and assuming the others were following, for whatever reason, they returned back down. I was annoyed at this, as even though I was a beginner level, I assumed we were all on two tank dives (one for the training and one at sea) and therefore was miffed when I was brought back up myself when the others returned without being given an explanation as to why. It was particularly annoying as unlike the other two in my party, I never once had to have assistance during the time I was down there from the instructor and undertook my debut dive without any incident.

We all eventually returned to base just after 5.15pm. So all in all, I had a 25 minute dive in nearly 6 hours of being there.

Regarding the previous comments about the state of the equipment provided,even as a beginner, I noticed some air leakage from the hose which inflates the dive jacket and queried this as I exited the training pool and was advised "that there might be some small amount of air leakage, but this was nothing to worry about".

Overall it was an enjoyable first time dive, but there was far too much unnecessary time wasted during the day sitting around for no apparent reason.

2 Thank Dougie L
THOMAS H, Owner at Scuba Cancun, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
We are very sorry about how the reviewer feels about their dive.

We are happy the guests enjoyed their dive.

Discover Scuba dive starts at 12 and finishes around 4:45 or 5 p.m.
Guests are asked to check in between 11:30 a.m. and 11:50 a.m. to fill out the standard forms that everyone fills in for safety reasons.
Then guests do theory and pool practice wit a certified Padi instructor and finish pool practice between 1:15 p.m. and 1:45 p.m., each guest is different, some guests need more practice.
At 2 p.m. we leave on the boat to the reef.
Yes the instructors take max 4 students according to international standards.
The average students dives are between 20 at 35 minutes, each person is different and an instructor will take a student out of the water when the instructor considers its time to get out, mainly it could be because to avoid running out of air, its all for the divers safety.
If a regulatos hose makes a little leak we can change it with no problem, we have lots of equipment and also it never puts a diver in danger.
We buy new equipment twice a year and we have a staff that maintains it.
If you ever consider visiting Cancun again and feel like giving us a second chance, please contact me directly and I will make things better.

Thank you for your review.

Tom Hurtado