“Worth every penny”

Ranked #6 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Glasgow
“Worth every penny”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Going home tomorrow and my partner and I don't want to. This hotel is amazing. We decided to visit the hyatt based on word of mouth information of the former royal hotel. I came to cancun with a broken leg so was hoping to enjoy the holiday as much as possible but realised it would be difficult. However every aspect of the holiday has been enjoyable and this is down to the courtesy shown by every member of staff. Everyone appears to mention lots of names however all the staff are excellent and showed great care and detail. The service We have received from Marcelo Peon was nothing short of world class. He really made this holiday for me and I was able to enjoy myself as much as I could due to Marcelo, such a gentleman and I can't thank him enough. The food is fantastic and room service and cleanliness is excellent. I also must mention the security of the hotel, when leaving the hotel the piece of mind given is great. The situation with the cabanas is far fetched, we managed to get one each and every day and had to awake early to do so. This is true with every other hotel. I cannot find a flaw in this hotel - truly perfect and we will be back in July 2015. Thank you Marcelo and thank you Hyatt Zilara!!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank MrJohnnieWright
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear MrJohnnieWright,

First of all we would like to thank you for trusting Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your honeymoon vacation and for sharing your great comment with us.

We are very sorry to read that you broke your leg prior to your stay and hope you will fully recover very soon.
We are however, very happy to read that you had a truly wonderful and memorable vacation experience and were able to fully enjoy your visit despite this handicapped, especially thanks to the great service provided by our associates, such as Marcelo Peon.

We wish you a safe journey home and cannot wait to welcome you back in July 2015!

Alfonso Jarquin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,382)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
new brighton,wirral
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel takes the 5 star approach to a whole new level. Absolutely stunning hotel..the staff in the main are fantastic. It is spotlessly clean. The attention to detail is the key. They actually listen to their guests and constantly strive to improve on perfection. There were a few staff that deserve a special mention. Guadalupe and Patricia are both genuinely lovely ladies, who work very hard and always with a smile. Also , I think his name is Tony , in the coffee house.... He makes THE best coconut frappacino's in the world. Fact.
Never had a bad meal. There is so much to choose from. I don't think it will be long before this hotel makes it back to the top spot on here...and deservedly so.

Room Tip: No need to upgrade. All rooms apart from the presidential are the same size & all have an ocean...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shellyshoo
Dear shellyshoo,

First of all we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing us the honor of having you as our guests and for sharing this motivating review with us.

We are truly excited to read that you had an amazing stay while enjoying the delicious and varied dining options, as well as excellent service received by our dedicated associates Guadalupe, Patricia and Tony.

Please be assured that we will share your kind words with every single one of them and they will certainly feel motivated to keep up the great work and assist enhancing our services continuously.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments and we cannot wait to welcome you back in the near future.

Heredia, Costa Rica
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

So if you want a cabana you need to wake at 4am because if you wake at 4:30 all the cabanas are going to be reserve with towels, magazines etc
I think the guys that work at the pool are making lots of tips reserving cabanas for people!
The food is good! And the people that works at the beach bar is super nice !
Rooms are amazing!!!!! Views are everything ! We definitely will go back but we really hope the cabanas problem gets resolved! Check what your employees at the pool are doing!

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Pia S
Dear Pia S,

First of all thank you very much selecting Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your vacation and for sharing your honest review.

We are sincerely sorry to read that about the issues with reserved cabanas you experienced and we are truly bewildered to know that you report employees receiving tips for reserving cabanas for guests.

This is most certainly not permitted and we have already communicated the concern you raised to the corresponding departments for immediate review and resolution.

We are however, pleased to read that you did not allow for this matter to affect your overall situation and that you still had a wonderful vacation while enjoying the beautiful suites, gorgeous views, delicious food and great service received by many of our associates.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we are very much looking forward to hosting you again in order to provide you with the perfect experience you deserve.

West lothian
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am on my second visit to this hotel which I gave great reviews about last year when it was The Royal Cancun. I am writing this from the hotel before I leave on the 17/07/2014. We booked last year within weeks of returning from our holiday, so there was a little apprehension when we where informed that The Royal had been taken over. My husband and I booked to arrive on our 32nd wedding anniversary and my birthday. (3rd July). When we arrived at the Hyatt Zilara to check in, we were given a room on the ground floor .when I mentioned that I had requested a room on the second floor or above I was informed that there were no rooms available,yet I was offered an upgrade? How was this possible when I had just been told that no other rooms were available?.After going to our room my husband and I went back to the reception and spoke to someone else who after 5 mins told us that he could get us a room on a higher floor the next day,which he did. It was the next morning that as we went to the pool,very early due to the time difference, that we noticed every lounger and cabana had towels on them with the odd suntan lotion or magazine in place. We ignored these and took a cabana much to the annoyance of the pool cleaner who drew us a few dirty looks,later we witnessed other holiday makers "tipping"not only the pool cleaner but the pool butler for keeping these loungers and cabanas for them.Not an issue last year!.It is obvious that the hotel is very much "sales driven" as the beach/ pool butler asked if I wanted any spa treatments he could get me these cheaper and if I wanted champagne for the beach party I should see him first,Again never an issue last year and this year the service of cleaning your sunglasses does not happen on the beach unless you are in a group of females.The biggest disappointment for my husband and I is that NOTHING was done to help us feel that little bit special on our anniversary and my birthday.......last year we felt really special and we only mentioned that our anniversary had passed weeks earlier.Positives....still a beautiful building on the beach,and some staff are still amazing.....Diaz who said he remembers us from last year not sure if he does but made us feel good,Frankie..what an asset,Hector seen him in few locations and always very helpful and never stops smiling.The girls who get you to your table in the Spice restaurant. Aby who looks new to her role but very good and friendly.Laura who makes the best omelettes with a smile in the mornings and the staff in the coffee shop.....great service.Will I be rebooking as soon as we get home? I really don't now if we will.Such a shame.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Angela K
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Angela K,

First of all thank you very much for choosing Hyatt Zilara Cancun for the second time and for taking valuable time out of your vacation to share your experience.

We are truly sorry to read that you feel disappointed with this year’s visit and that you did not feel like any special efforts were made for your anniversary and birthday celebration.

We are also very sad to read about the inconvenience you experienced with your suite assignment upon check in, that you perceive some associates to be sales driven, that you noticed some services like sun glass cleaning are not provided equally to all guests and especially the situation you observed with beach cabanas being reserved by associates.

We would like to assure you that this is not a typical example of the service we aim to provide to our valued guests and that the appropriate corrective measures will be taken immediately,

Thank you very much for also pointing out the associates that did once more provide you with excellent service, such as Diaz, Frankie, Hector, Aby and Laura and be assured we will pass on your compliments to every single one of them.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your comments and allowing us the opportunity to provide you with the excellence in service you have come to expect and deserve for the remainder of your stay.

Powder Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I have been to the Hyatt Zilara Cancun 3 times and are returning for our wedding anniversary on October 15 (for 9 nights)! We can't wait. Our first time was on our Honeymoon in 2010 and we were blown away with the pool, the food, the drinks, the room, AND most importantly....the SERVICE. Everyone makes you feel welcome. A huge shout out to Baak in the Lobby Bar. It amazes me that he remembers us year after year! I'm also looking forward to the frozen grapes that Rafael provides around the pool. Last year we tried the surf and turf group dinner on the beach, there was a $49.00 charge per person, but well worth it. The ambiance and band were outstanding....not to mention the food! if you haven't been to this resort, you are missing out. I am glad to hear they have a new plan in place for the cabanas and chairs around the pool! See you in 92 days.....have the El Jimador ready! CHEERS

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and have the steam shower which I enjoy, but we are splurging (again) for th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hicks40
Dear Hicks40,

First of all thank you very much your loyalty to Hyatt Zilara Cancun and for sharing your wonderful comments about your past visits.

We are truly excited to know that you are allowing us to be part of such important events as your honeymoon and now anniversary.

We are very happy to read that very much enjoyed the beautiful pool, delicious food & beverage offerings, beautiful suites, special events like the Lobster & Jazz dinner and of course the excellent service provided by our associates.

Please be assured we will pass on your positive words to all our dedicated associates, such as Baak and Raphael.

We are all very much looking forward to pampering you again in October and to assure you have another amazing and truly memorable stay.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Every possible aspect of this hotel is superb. Food, cleanliness, standard of rooms, staff etc etc are all perfect. A real once in a lifetime place, oozes luxury yet has a charming feel of friendliness and character. The view from the pool can easily touch the soul, this hotel may be expensive but you really do feel like you're in a different world

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Tim M
Dear Tim M,

First of all thank you very much for choosing Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your past vacation and for taking your time to share your excellent comments with us.

We are thrilled to read that you had a once in a lifetime vacation, while enjoying the delicious dining, well-kept facilities, luxurious, but comfortable suites with spectacular ocean views as well as the personalized service provided by our valued associates.

Be assured we will share you truly motivating words with all our associates.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we sincerely hope we will have the privilege of hosting you again in the near future.

Sincerley,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We visited the Hyatt Zilara in June 2014 on part of our honeymoon and it was by far the best hotel I have ever had the privilege of stopping in. As many of the reviews already state the food is exceptional and with the numerous restaurants there is no lack of choice, even if you don’t fancy a full meal or would just like a snack the coffee bar has a range of fresh wraps and cakes to choose from and Tony who works in there couldn’t be any more helpful.
The rooms are amazing the cleaners work tirelessly to ensure the rooms are immaculate and the mini bar is stocked up every day with branded soft drinks and alcoholic drinks, the hot tub in the room is a great touch as is the hammock or swing on the balcony.
Some of the reviews on here mention about not been able to get a cabana I can honestly say every day me and my wife got sunbeds in the pool and a cabana without any problem and I’m not one of the people who get up at 5am to reserve a bed.
All in all I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone the staff food and all round experience is phenomenal.

Room Tip: Ask to be put on level 6,7 or 8 as you will be able to enjoy the view alot more.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Robert A
Dear Robert A,

First of all we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing us the privilege of hosting you at Hyatt Zilara Cancun and for taking your time to write this truly positive review.

We are excited to read that you had the best honeymoon vacation, while enjoying the delicious and varied dining options, beautiful and well-kept suites with luxurious amenities, the plenty available pool cabanas and the excellent service provided by our valued associates.

Please be assured we will make sure to communicate your kind words with every single one of our associates, especially Tony whom you were kind enough to mention by name.

Thank you very much for recommending us to others and we are very much looking forward to hosting you again during your next vacation.