“unforgetable resort.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Brooklyn, New York
“unforgetable resort.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

My friend and I spend a week at the Hyatt Zilara Amazing, it was sad to leave.
The rooms are so spacious and clean and they all have an ocean view. The staff so friendly helpful and they all greet you through out the day.The hotel has some great restaurants we dine at a different one every night.There is a spa on sight to unwind whenever u like which is where I met one of the most amazing stuff member,a masseuse named Mariel very professional ,kind and told very good care of me during my two hours at the spa. Unforgettable vacation.

Room Tip: Great atmosphere for couples and adults wanting quiet time.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Elizabeth D
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Elizabeth D,

We would like to thank you for choosing Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your recent vacation and sharing your wonderful vacation experience with us.

It was an honor to host you and your friend and we are very happy to know you were truly pleased with the spacious and well-kept suite with amazing ocean view, varied dining options, relaxing spa and personalized service provided by our associates.

Thank you very much for congratulating Mariel on her professionalism and great service and be assured we will share your kind words with her, which I am sure she will find very motivating.

Once again, thank you for your preference and we cannot wait to welcome you again during your next vacation.

Alfonso Jarquin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,291)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have stayed here at least 3 times before its name got changed to the Hyatt. In the previous years everything was up to par,hotel and pool area and food. As i arrived this time as the Hyatt,I did notice a few changes but nothing too major. The hotel itself still was looking good as the previous years but the pool area was really beginning to show its age. In the previous years the pool area was cleaned early every morning and the pool itself looked great.This time i saw it cleaned once in 3 days and not sure the guy finished the whole pool. There is alot of rust and crude around the edges of pool.Some of the tiles around the pool just wasnt up to par for a 5 diamond hotel.I think the pool area needs to be completly redone.Most of waiters and workers were very friendly and always smiling.I think the food is better NOW than it was when it was the Royal. Over all I probably wouldnt return again unless they redone there pool.I visit cancan once or twice a year and I will probably give Secrets the vine cancun a try next time.Its a newer hotel with awesome pools.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chuckb70
Dear Chuckb70,

Thank you very much for allowing us to host you once again at Hyatt Zilara Cancun and for sharing your honest feedback with us.

We are truly sorry to read that you felt the pool area was not as well-kept as during your last visits.
We would like to assure you that the pool is being cleaned daily as accustomed; however we will most certainly make sure this service is re-enforced.

We are however pleased to know that you found the dining offering to have improved and that the service was still excellent.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope you will allow us another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Bergenfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We recently returned last week from our stay at the Hyatt Zilara Cancun (8/1-8/10) for our honeymoon. All I have to say is WOW. I would first like to thank Escobar for his exceptional guest service. We were to check in at the 'My Time" counter because of the agency we booked with. He was with other guests at the time but was so kind to step away quickly and let us know he'd be with us shortly and offered us a drink. He met with us in a few minutes and made the whole process quick and easy and even made all of our reservations for us for each of the restaurants that required a reservation as well as our spa appointment.
The hotel is exceptionally clean and although the main lobby is open air, it stays fairly cool and has a wonderful selection of sofas and couches. One of the unique features is that every single room faces the water. We were happy to be on the 6th floor to enjoy a view a little higher up. The rooms are also generously spacious along with a HUGE shower, nice jacuzzi overlooking the resort and a balcony with a relaxing hammock.
As far as the food, our expections were beyond exceeded. Fortunately, we got to enjoy every single restaurant once and even tried next door at the Gran Caribe Real (guests can visit that resort; however they cannot visit our resort). We ate at the Sunset Grill and the Italian place there (I believe Il Pescatore). The food there was pretty good but certainly affirmed to us why we paid more money to stay at the HZ. Maria Marie's was our favorite. Chef's Plate was AMAZING however not such a romantic setting as you are eating at one table with a big group. The hibachi at Asiani was good but certainly not as good as the hibachi back home (small and probably the only let down of our stay). We didn't have dinner at Pelicano's until the last night sadly because it was wonderful and would've like to gone there again. We ordered room service twice (once for lunch and another for breakfast). It was wonderful and a MUST if you stay here- its included.
The beach was beautiful and waiters are always around coming up to you to see if you'd like anything. They are fast and friendly. The pool was great as well as the swim up bar, only wish we had spent more time there (took a few trips and wasted a day with the "Real Club" presentation- which by the way do NOT sit through or sign up for- its a rip off and a waste of money and time). Also to be noted is that EVERY single staff member here was warm and friendly from the bell boys, to the maids, to waiters and bartenders. They are all wonderful and deserve tips! I'd rather spend a little extra to tip for good service than not feel inclinded to tip for mediocre service. Wish I remembered names :(
All in all, if you unsure as to where to stay in Cancun, you will not regret staying here. Spend the little extra and stay here (also consider the rates you get for other places start at their standard lowest grade rooms which are generally not ocean view).

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the highest floor possible. Don't waste your money for the swim up rooms which d...
      Location
Dear karen s,

First of all thank you very much selecting Hyatt Zilara Cancun for this once in a lifetime vacation and for sharing your truly positive review with us.

We are excited to read that you had an absolutely wonderful honeymoon experience from start to finish and that you were especially pleased with the luxurious accommodations with amazing ocean view, beautiful pool area, delicious dining with Maria Marie being your favorite and wonderful service provided by our associates, especially Yunuen upon check in.

Please be assured we will share your motivating words with every single one of them.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we cannot wait to have the privilege of hosting you again in the near future.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Our family had a fabulous vacation at the Hyatt Zilara. The staff was amazing, including Hector at Spice and Astrid with her assistance during our stay! Thanks for a wonderful visit that was too short!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear 2013JudyK,

Thank you very much for allowing us to host you and your family at Hyatt Zilara Cancun and we are excited to know you had a truly amazing experience.

We very much appreciate you recognizing our valued associates, such as Hector and Astrid, for their excellent service and I am certain they will be proud to know they were able to assist in making your stay a wonderful one.

Once again, than you for your preference and we cannot wait to welcome you back during your next trip to Cancun!

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Today is my 3rd day of romantic stay at Hyatt Zilara in Cancun. This hotel overpass my expectations. The staff is excellent (attention and service 5 diamonds). The food amazingly good. The buffet is exceptional. Restaurant Maria Marie superlative I show up without reservation and they fix me in less than 5 minutes (my waiter was Mateo) he took time to explain from what region of mexico were the plates and attention excellent, the chef (5 diamonds). The Spa magnificent (Lucero and Maria Josefa were our massagist) I work in the massage business in Florida and I can tell this girls were excellent, professionals, good relaxation massage. The price for the massage is expensive taking in account that you can get one in downtown Cancun for less than 1/2 the price but the experience cleanliness and professionalism is worth the money. So far everything has been perfect. I highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to Cancun.

Room Tip: All rooms face the beach. I booked in Junior Suite all inclusive and this no include the Chef Plate...
Dear EDUARDO A,

First of all we would like you to know that we are honored to have you as our guests and are excited to know that your vacation experience up to now has been exceptional.

We truly appreciate you taking your valuable vacation time to share your comments and are very happy to read that you are very much enjoying the delicious dining, relaxing spa services and great service provided by many of our associates, such as Mateo, Lucero and Maria Josefa.

Please be assured we will share your kind words with them and they will certainly be proud to have assisted in making your romantic vacation extra special.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and be assured we will carry on with great efforts in order to assure you continue to enjoy your stay until the last moment.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed 4 days/ 3 nights in a king Junior suite. We booked with our package shuttle transportation to and from. Also booked the excursion to the Explor park.

Check in to this hotel was a breeze! We were greeted with a fresh cucumber water. We were asked if we wanted to upgrade our room for an additional $200 a night. We said no.
We got our room key, we were approached about signing up for a time share. We said no.
Finally we started our vacation! Out to the pool we go. It was about 5pm. The pool area was dead. No activities or music.

First night dinner we are at Spice Restaurant at the hotel. It's buffet style. They offer any bev you like, wine, cocktail, tea. It was Indu night. Food was pretty good.

Every night they provide a show in the lobby. Get there 30 mins early to grab a sofa. They run out of seats. Bring money for tips for the waitress so she will come back for you next order ( applies for you entire stay) after the show the live band starts up. Every night the band is different. Latin, American hits.
They play for about 1.5 hours. After that this hotel shuts DOWN! Even the bar! No nightlife after 12.

I was not happy about that. The pool bar shuts down even earlier around 8pm. Also no swimming before 8am. You have to wake up before 6am to get a cabana or a nice chair. Ppl get up and put there stuff in the spots they want and it's there all day & night.

The beach in front of the hotel was the best on the strip. Had a beach bar with waitress service. Cabanas and chairs. Nice clean, raked by hand everyday.

The food was overall average. It's a lot of pulled pork meat, and chopped beef sirloin , not much option for sea food. Pelicanos restaurant serves the best food I thought. Along with Mexican food, they had pizza and hamburgers.

The Activities: they claim to have all these activities going on throughout the day. For example, Beach Volleyball, Tango lessons, aerobics, water volleyball, cooking lessons. To me.... They sucked! They were a sorry excuse to fill in the space for activities. We tried several of these activities.
1) beach volleyball, it was on the schedule, but never happened
2) cooking lessons, basically a group hibachi presentation. The they let the participates plate the food. Not really what I though they were gonna do.
Tango lessons, my husband and I were the only ppl interested in the activity. So we did it anyway. Overall, it was good because it was like we got private lessons.

Bike riding your, we showed up, the activity directer's are hard to get a hold of first of all. Then you find them and act like " oh you want to do the bike ride your".

I'm trying to say, don't choose this hotel because of the activities or night life.
If you want a beautiful room, outstanding beach, great service from waitstaff. Go to this hotel.
From what I saw, it was mostly older ppl from ages 35- and up. Couples, of course no kids allowed.

My advice,
1) pay for a taxi at the airport. It's pricy but it worth the 3 hours you will loose both trips.
2) find a authentic tour guide to take you to REAL Cenotes. Explor park was in my opinion man made, and very theme park-ish.
3) I would not go all-inclusive. Unless you can eat ALOT! aLL DAY.
4) Also, the drinks you get for the all inclusive price are the unknown brands. And the drinks are watered down, made with only sugary syrups, no fresh fruit at all.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Christina J
Dear Christina J,

Thank you very much for choosing Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your recent vacation and for sharing your detailed review with us.

We are truly sorry to read that we were unable to meet your high expectations and that you felt especially disappointed with the activities provided and that you found the bars closed too early.

Please allow me to assure you that we have communicated your concerns to the corresponding department heads, who will follow up on them appropriately.

We are however very happy to know that you were very pleased with your beautiful suite, the gorgeous beach and excellent service provided, especially by the wait staff.

Thank you again for your feedback and we sincerely hope you will allow us another opportunity to host you in order to provide you with the perfect stay you deserve.

Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hyatt Zilara is so wonderful. Every single staff member treated us so kindly. Our room was so amazing, waking every single morning to the sound of the waves watching the sun rise on our balcony! We enjoyed a really lovely dinner on the beach "Lobster and Jazz" so romantic with the live music and delicious food, again the waiters were very polite. This is only offered once a week so check with the Concierge. Speaking of the beach the sand is so soft and the water is crystal clear and safe for swimming! There are several restaurants all of which we tried except for the Chefs Plate which wasn't intentional we were running late for our reservation and when we got to the restaurant we found out they'd given our seats away. That was very upsetting especially since they never attempted to contact us. Also we weren't advised there was a dress code, gentleman must where long pants. This restaurant books up really quickly so I'd suggest you book at the beginning of your stay. Asiana is Japanese dining we set at the teppanyaki table which is always fun to do! There's a 24hr Lounge where you can play pool, ping pong and a few other activities! Hyatt Zilara is great for couples looking for a romantic getaway as well as a group of adults looking for a great time together as this is an adult only resort!

Room Tip: Every single sweet faces the ocean so you can't go wrong with the room you choose, however the r...
      Sleep Quality
Dear Crystal L,

First of all please know it was a true pleasure to have you as our guests at Hyatt Zilara Cancun and we very much appreciate you taking your time to share your wonderful experience.

We are very happy to read that you very much enjoyed the beautiful accommodations, delicious dining, especially the lobster & jazz dinner on the beach, fun activities and great service.

We are truly sorry to read that you were unable to experience Chef’s Plate due to you arriving a little late and that this policy was not communicated to your clearly as well as the dress code for this restaurant.
Please be assured we have already addressed your concerns with the corresponding department heads in order to not repeat this kind of situation in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we cannot wait to welcome you again during your next Cancun vacation.