Hyatt Zilara Cancun
Mia Cancun(Cancun)
Great 4.5/5
Beach Palace(Cancun)
Great 4.5/5
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
Excellent 5/5
6,420 results
All reviewsmaria mariechef's platespice restaurantswim up suitehour loungehector zepedaasiana restaurantromance conciergefoam partylobby barbeach cabanahammock on the balconyour honeymoonocean frontcorner suiteturn down servicepresidential suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife and I just spent an extended weekend in celebration of our wedding anniversary at the Hyatt Zilara. Our check in experience was not great. I booked the room online and was quoted $420 per night for our room. I was told there was an error on their website and the rate would be $535 per night upon check in. Check your room rate before arriving to avoid any surprises. It took a while to work through this. We ended up paying $535 per night much to our disappointment. Had we known the price we may have stayed somewhere else.

Upon finally arriving to our room our bags were not there yet. We waited for about 30 minutes, then I walked down and grabbed them so we could change into our swim suites and go to the beach. The food at all the restaurants was great. Our favorite was Maria Maries. Our waiter Noe was great.

We read a lot of complaints about the open air lobby. We loved the design of it because of the open air beach feel. In the evening it is great with the breeze going through.

Our room was great. Very clean. Comfortable bed. Nice Shower and jacuzzi. Well furnished with all bathroom necessities.

We had a spa treatment. Very nice.

A great stay with the exception of our check in experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen B
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Stephen B,

First of all thank you very much for allowing us the privilege of hosting you at Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your recent vacation and for sharing your comments with us.

We are truly sorry to read about the shortcomings you encountered upon arrival at the resort with your room rate and the suite cases not being delivered to your suite in a timely manner.

Be assured we have communicated your concerns to our Front Desk Manager in order to not repeat these kinds of situations in the future.

We are however, very happy to know that you did not allow for this first impression to affect your overall experience and that you especially enjoyed the delicious dining at Maria Marie, relaxing spa treatments, comfortable accommodations and great service provided by dedicated associates such as Noe.

Be assured we will share your kind words with every single one of our associates and they will certainly be proud to know they were able to make your anniversary special.

Once again thank you for your preference and we sincerely hope you will allow us the honor of hosting you again during your next trip to Cancun.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We were recently married at the Hyatt Zilara and spent a week there with 35 close friends and family. Food, drinks, entertainment and location are all the best I have experienced most recently in my travels to the Caribbean.

Elizabeth Sotelo - Wedding Coordinator was excellent and I mean Excellent! She worked with us for a year to ensure that every detail was attended to and did a fantastic job with every aspect. Simply the best.

Beautiful location, beach and architecture.

I would strongly encourage making restaurant reservations in advance of your arrival as they do tend to fill up quickly. But you can walk in any of them if you don't mind waiting.

Beach is beautiful but as in most of Cancun the water is somewhat rough. A number of our guests lost their sunglasses when hit by a wave! But still fun to body surf. Just hold on to those glasses.

Some of our group played a round of golf at the Riviera Cancun Golf Club. We also rented a yacht for a four hour cruise to Isla Mujeres and back one evening.

Convenient location to the clubs, malls etc. as well as restaurants should you choose to venture off the resort for a change of pace. It's not necessary as the food, drinks and service is excellent at all resort restaurants.

In addition to Elizabeth, we received excellent service from all the staff including but not limited to Moises and Guadalupe - pool wait staff. Jerry was great at the front desk as were the valets, butlers and housekeeping staff.

As with most resorts, securing a chair at the pool becomes very strategic and often can cause some disagreement. I wish the Hyatt and others would some how come up with an equitable system so that towels aren't a means of reserving the prime locations and the guests show up hours later. And I do mean hours!

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean. We stayed in the Presidential Suite which was located on the eight floor with spectacular views. I am not sure of the need for upgrades nor do I understand what constitutes an upgrade other than to a swim up room or suite level.
4  Thank Bob G

Dear Bob G,

First of all congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you for allowing us to be part of this once-in-a-lifetime event.

We are very happy to read that your wedding planner Elizabeth assisted you with all necessary arrangements to make your wedding day and vacation truly wonderful.

Thank you also for recognizing our valued associates such as Moises, Guadalupe and Jerry for the excellent service provided and be assured we will share your kind words with them.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we cannot wait to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from the Zilara where our daughter was married on August 16th! We have such positive feelings about it all because everything was incredibly perfect! We have been planning this destination wedding for over a year, through the name change, and can truly rave about the hotel and our wedding planner, Elizabeth Sotelo. Most of our communication was done through emails, after a trip to check out the location. Elizabeth was very detail oriented and communicated with us regularly. No details were left to chance- everything was clarified so there were no surprises at all. The wedding events (Welcome Cocktail Hour for our guests, golf at a local course, bridesmaids play day, Cocktail Hour with Mariachi Band after the ceremony, Dinner and Dancing on-the-Beach reception, and Morning After Brunch were exceptional. Elizabeth oversaw the Hyatt events and ensured that each detail was carried out as planned. We could not have done it without her excellent services. Thank you, Elizabeth! We truly loved the facility excellent restaurants, beach and pool areas and watching the hatching turtles! Our entire week-long stay could not have been more perfect! We will return!

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront!
2  Thank SRreinig11

Dear SRreinig11,

It was a true pleasure to host you and your family for your daughter’s destination wedding and we very much appreciate you sharing you truly wonderful experience with us.

We are excited to know that you had the perfect stay and wedding, especially thanks to Elizabeth’s personalized and detail oriented service.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we cannot wait to host you once again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My friend and I spend a week at the Hyatt Zilara Amazing, it was sad to leave.
The rooms are so spacious and clean and they all have an ocean view. The staff so friendly helpful and they all greet you through out the day.The hotel has some great restaurants we dine at a different one every night.There is a spa on sight to unwind whenever u like which is where I met one of the most amazing stuff member,a masseuse named Mariel very professional ,kind and told very good care of me during my two hours at the spa. Unforgettable vacation.

Room Tip: Great atmosphere for couples and adults wanting quiet time.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth D
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Elizabeth D,

We would like to thank you for choosing Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your recent vacation and sharing your wonderful vacation experience with us.

It was an honor to host you and your friend and we are very happy to know you were truly pleased with the spacious and well-kept suite with amazing ocean view, varied dining options, relaxing spa and personalized service provided by our associates.

Thank you very much for congratulating Mariel on her professionalism and great service and be assured we will share your kind words with her, which I am sure she will find very motivating.

Once again, thank you for your preference and we cannot wait to welcome you again during your next vacation.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have stayed here at least 3 times before its name got changed to the Hyatt. In the previous years everything was up to par,hotel and pool area and food. As i arrived this time as the Hyatt,I did notice a few changes but nothing too major. The hotel itself still was looking good as the previous years but the pool area was really beginning to show its age. In the previous years the pool area was cleaned early every morning and the pool itself looked great.This time i saw it cleaned once in 3 days and not sure the guy finished the whole pool. There is alot of rust and crude around the edges of pool.Some of the tiles around the pool just wasnt up to par for a 5 diamond hotel.I think the pool area needs to be completly redone.Most of waiters and workers were very friendly and always smiling.I think the food is better NOW than it was when it was the Royal. Over all I probably wouldnt return again unless they redone there pool.I visit cancan once or twice a year and I will probably give Secrets the vine cancun a try next time.Its a newer hotel with awesome pools.

1  Thank Chuckb70

Dear Chuckb70,

Thank you very much for allowing us to host you once again at Hyatt Zilara Cancun and for sharing your honest feedback with us.

We are truly sorry to read that you felt the pool area was not as well-kept as during your last visits.
We would like to assure you that the pool is being cleaned daily as accustomed; however we will most certainly make sure this service is re-enforced.

We are however pleased to know that you found the dining offering to have improved and that the service was still excellent.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope you will allow us another opportunity to host you in the near future.