“Awesome Girl's Week”

Hyatt Zilara Cancun
Ranked #7 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Zilara for a week. I just returned last night. The minute the car service pulled up to the resort we were treated like royalty. Many thanks to Soloman and Andrea. The check in was flawless and we were by the pool within an hour. The food was amazing. I already miss my omelet in the morning from Spice. The beach and pool were beautiful. Many thanks to David. I enjoyed the volleyball game and he was such a great guy! Also thanks to Frankie on the beach. He busted his butt making sure we were well taken care of. Thanks Frankie!!! Finally to Miriam in the lobby bar. You truly made our stay enjoyable and we miss you already!! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Mominnj820
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Mominnj820,

It was a great pleasure to host you at Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your Girl’s Week and we are truly happy to read about your fantastic experience.

We are glad to know that you were very pleased with the delicious food & beverages, beautiful pool and beach area, fun activities as well as great service.

Thank you very much for recognizing our valued associates such as Solomon, Andrea, David, Frankie and Miriam for their dedication and be assured we will share your motivating words with them. I am certain they will be truly proud to have assisted in making your stay more enjoyable.

We thank you very much for your feedback and cannot wait to welcome you again during your next vacation.

Alfonso Jarquin

Write a ReviewReviews (6,081)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

First I would like to mention how nice the beach is and the weather was perfect....
Second to none was the guest service top of my list. Really. Roberto Luigi Richard Diaz last but not least Tony. those guys went above and beyond to get us anything we wanted really great people thanks friends.
The zilara is a beauty kept very clean we stayed for 1 week should have done 2 our room was the presidential sweet very big room the best we have ever stayed in.
If you are looking for all inclusive the Zilara should be on your list.
The food was always excellent 9 out of 10
The drinks endless
The sand, like powder the water like a bathtub .Lots of activity's all adventures can be set up through best day or aqua world right at the lobby or towel cabana.
we loved our vacation THANKYOU ZILARA.
see you soon

Room Tip: Swim up suite close to beach and right by lobby great view for sunrise
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Marc J,

Thank you very much for choosing Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your honeymoon vacation and for sharing your truly wonderful experience with us.

We are excited to know that you had a great time while enjoying the upscale food & beverage offerings, gorgeous beach, fun activities and of course great service provided by our associates, especially Roberto, Luigi, Richard, Tony and Diaz.

Be assured we will share your kind words with every single one of them.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we cannot wait to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was our first trip to Cancun. The last two years, we went to Riviera Maya and were spoiled by those 2 resorts. The Hyatt was very good but they missed on some little things.

Check in was quick and smooth. Spoke with the Romance Coordinator at check-in then never heard from him again. We never sought him out for anything either so that was no big deal. He arranged the romantic dinner on the beach but the extra cost was never relayed to me until I checked out and was told there was a $275 charge on my account. It was worth it but I was surprised when I checked out.

POSITIVES:
- great view from the room
- the room was a good size
- room service was excellent and quick
- the pool was nice and never crowded
- the swim up bar was great with no wait
- service and staff were excellent
- the beach was clean and private
- they did a nice birthday surprise at dinner and sent cake to my room
- the gym was adequate for a nice workout
- shower with multiple shower heads and steam was great
- the hotel was close to lots of shopping.

NEGATIVES
- regardless of how low you set the temperature in the room it remained the same. It was comfortable but not cold the way I like it.
- the ice machine on our floor was broke the first 2 days
- the Selection at the buffet (SPICE) was limited
- the room was supposed to be decorated while we were at the dinner on the beach but it wasn't. They did deliver a bottle of champagne to the room a few hours prior to our dinner. Unfortunately we don't drink champagne.
- the soda machine in the 24 hour room didn't work for 2 days and the water was always out
- if you wanted to know what activities were going on you had to check the board in the lobby after Midnight. In the other resorts they gave you a daily calendar of events.
- if you wanted a cabana at the pool you had to be there at 7am
- the AC in the room leaked the last night
- swim up bar closed at 6pm

Overall, We had an enjoyable vacation and the staff made it fun. It was a good place to stay but we probably will not go back again. We will try somewhere else next time.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Rich W

Dear Rich W,

First of all thank you very much for allowing us the privilege of hosting you at Hyatt Zilara Cancun and for sharing your detailed review with us.

We are truly sorry to read about the inconvenience you experienced with the ac in your suite, the ice machine on your floor and soda machine at the 24 hours lounge not functioning correctly, the activities not being announced sufficiently, the swim up bar closing too early for your liking and the charge for the romantic dinner not being announced clearly enough at the moment of booking.

We would like to assure you that we have already addressed these issues with the corresponding department heads for the appropriate corrective measures to be taken and to avoid these kinds of situations in the future.

We are however pleased to read that you still very much enjoyed your overall experience, especially the comfortable accommodations, great pool and beach area, great location and personalized service provided by our dedicated associates.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we hope you will allow us another opportunity to host you in order to provide you with the perfect vacation experience you deserve.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I would like to take this opportunity to give you my feedback from my recent visit to the Hyatt Zilara. I was there from July 28 to August 4th, 2014. I am a member of the Real Club since 2006 and have introduced six families to the club and all six are now members. Since 2006 I have brought dozens of guests to the Gran Caribe and The Royal/Hyatt Zilara with groups ranging from 8 to 28 guests at a time. I’ve personally stayed at The Royal/Zilara 8 times and 3 times at the Gran Caribe. I want you to know I really know the properties. When word of the conversion from The Royal to Hyatt Zilara came about, I had concerns. In my opinion, The Royal experience “Expect the Exceptional” was the very best vacation destination for my family. Friends kept asking me “why do I keep returning time after time”.

Why: Because we are very satisfied time after time. During the conversion the disparaging remarks on Face book and Trip Advisor were disheartening, but I decided to wait and see for myself. I continued with nothing but positive posts where I could.

As for this trip: All of my reservation activity with the Real Club was perfect with no issues and a great room to go into. The Spa was great and everything by the pool was perfect.

Now let’s talk about my stay: As I said, I was concerned with the transition, so I arrived with a critical eye. Let me say this… “this certainly was my best trip ever”. I could not have imagined anything being better than The Royal of the past !

There were some very noted improvements: Regular snacks offered by the pool, overall poolside cleanliness was well maintained, rooms perfect as usual, general lobby area pristine, changing the time of the show to 8 was very accommodating, upgrades to the coffee shop with an extended variety of food choices was just what was needed to fill in the void between meals, having Spice feature a variety of different ethnic foods is a wonderful surprise and an opportunity to try foods I/we would have never had the opportunity to try, Pelicano’s choices of “build a burger” and homemade ice cream pops were a real treat, Asiana remained top notch as usual, Tapas had some really great choices and the self service appetizers were a mirror to my italian culture of “antipasto” which was so special, Chef’s Plate was great as usual and last but not least, Maria Marie’s remains outstandingly exceptional.

The few changes to the menu: Salsa being prepared tableside at Maria Marie’s, change in the beef and Tequila drinks at the entrance are all amazing upgrades/changes that made a notable difference.

Overall, Hyatt Zilara is “way above” excellent!

Service and the staff:

Alan Del Blanco is by far the very best that Zilara has to offer their guests. Year after year he continues to do a spectacular job being very attentive and “always” makes our visit PERFECT in every way possible. My family and I just cannot say enough about him – he is truly an asset to your staff, your shining star. In all of my personal and business travels, I can honestly say that no other Operations Manager in any location I stayed in can compare to him. He is OUTSTANDING !

Marcelo Peon year after year does an excellent job making sure that “ALL” details of our stay far exceed our expectations. He truly is a tremendous asset to Zilara. Very nice man.

Martin is certainly a great leader and he can be seen all over the resort making sure and directing that everything is running perfectly.

Ramon in Asiana repeatedly year after year continues with his hands on excellent approach to customer service making each visit special.

Luis and Laura in Spice provide excellent service, always gave 150% to make sure we were comfortable and completely satisfied. Every waiter did a great job.

Roberto (the Waiter in Spice) and Victor in Pellicano’s, year after year continue to provide great service with prompt seating and the updates to the menus are great.

We had the pleasure of meeting Jose Saravia. He was very proactive and spent time with us highlighting and explaining the positive changes in the transition to Zilara.

Chef Roberto Betanzos is a great addition to the Zilara culinary staff. We had the pleasure of spending some time with him. He was very attentive, informative and certainly kind hearted. My daughter had some stomach issues (too much food and sun) – he heard this at 10:30pm one evening and he sent homemade chicken soup to her suite which made her immediately feel better. The very next morning he saw my wife and immediately asked about my daughter as he was already working hard in Spice at 7:30am. *This is truly a testament of a concerned and a dedicated employee that really went out of his way (after a long days work) to personally make a pot of chicken soup in order to make her feel better.

Selene Cruzalta Carranza, she to me goes way beyond what is expected. She is very hands on as she ensures everyone’s comfort and satisfaction as evidenced as she visited the tables often during our meals. She knows we are repeat regular guests and spent time with us explaining all of the positive changes to Maria Marie’s. I cannot emphasize her professionalism and attention she paid to every detail and I feel she is one of Zilara’s “best” restaurant managers. Her waiter Noe is a familiar face and continues to really do a great job each time we were there.

Ivan, Rafael, Frankie, Eloisa, Esmeralda and Moses by the pool went out of their way to make sure we were 100% content at all times – these individuals worked very hard to ensure our happiness and comfort at all times.

Miguel Coronel does a great job leading the Entertainment Team that makes each of our visits a success. One of his staff members, David Rodriguez is truly a wholesome, nice gentlemen who single handedly made this trip for our family a memorable one. He is truly as asset to your staff !

Eugen, Gabriele and Raphael in the Real Club continue to “exceed our expectations” and certainly are very hands on making a significant effort to be sure that we were 100% satisfied at all times during our stay.

All and all, I would like to thank YOU for leading such a great team. I tried to meet you, but you were in and out of your office and very busy. Maybe next time I can have the pleasure of meeting with you and personally convey my gratitude to you and your staff for truly making The Royal and now know as the Hyatt Zilara our “home away from home”.

My family and I want to thank everyone for a GREAT VISIT, and I can honestly say that the facility and staff have continued to “exceed our expectations” and we will be back in 2015 as we have already had our annual vacation planning meeting with our family and friends. Get ready because as of now we already have a group of 25+ for our 2015 Hyatt Zilara vacation experience !

Paul Perillo
(aka “Big Daddy”)

Room Tip: All rooms face Ocean. I love rooms on any floor that are x04-x07
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Paul Perillo,

We are truly happy to know that despite your initial concerns you had your best trip to Hyatt Zilara Cancun until this moment and that you very much enjoyed the many improvements that were implemented over the last months, especially in the food & beverages department.

Please know we truly appreciate you mentioning so many of our valued associates who contributed personally to making this vacation truly special for you and your family and be assured we will share your motivating words with every single one of them.

We are all very much looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to your home away from home in 2015 and I hope I will have the privilege of meeting you personally during this stay.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

They quality of our stay in The Hyatt Zilara has been excellent, all the staff are very hard working and friendly especially Hector Zepeda who works in the Spice restaurant, who has been extremely helpful and has a good command of the English language.
The hotel is exceptionally clean and the food is very varied and of a very high quality - Janet & Paul room 530

Room Tip: High if require quiet. Low if prefer private pool.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janet G
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Janet G,

Thank you very much for allowing us the honor of having you as our guests and for taking your time to write this short, but truly positive review.

We are very happy to read that you had an excellent vacation while enjoying the well-kept suites, varied dining options and great service provided by our dedicated associates such as Hector.

Be assured we will share your motivating words with every single one of our associates.

Once again, thank you for your review and we cannot wait to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

we had booked this hotel when it was still under the Royal brand so we were a bit concerned when we found out that the hotel was changing. All of our concerns were gone as soon as we stepped into the lobby area, from the rooms, service, to food and drinks we could not fault a single thing. We tried all of the dining options available and our favourite was the show cooking at Asiana. Room service was great as well, the magic box is a good feature as well, you can just relax in your room and have your room service popped into it so your not distubed to answer the door.

The only problem we came across was on our second last day, we couldn't access our room due to construction works being carried out (These works were going on throughout the hotel during our stay but you would never have known ). We spoke to the manager who upgraded us to the Presidential Suite for our last night. WOW!!!! Now we know how the other half live when on holiday, the room was more like an apartment than a hotel. This was the perfect way to top off our honeymoon.

We hope to return Summer next year!!

Room Tip: Dont think there is such a thing as a bad room at this hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wee_larky_lass

Dear wee_larky_lass,

It was a great pleasure to host you at Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your honeymoon vacation and we are excited to read that you had a fantastic time despite your original concerns.

We are very pleased to know that you very much enjoyed your beautiful suite, varied food & beverage offerings as well as the great service received.

We are truly sorry to read about the inconvenience you experienced with the on-going construction, but we are very happy to know that you were appropriately compensated and your last night in the Presidential Suite made a great ending for this once-in-a-lifetime vacation.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we sincerely hope we will have the privilege of hosting you again next summer.

General Manage

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My best friend and I stayed at the Hyatt Zilara for 5 days in June. (40th birthday present for Kim and me from my awesome husband.)
The resort is absolutely gorgeous. Check in was smooth, and many thanks to SOLOMON, who made us feel special and comfortable immediately. Posh surroundings and an outstanding staff. Here are some specifics:
The room: we had a top floor, premium-view junior suite- beautiful! Our air conditioner did not work well at all, but the staff made every effort to fix it for us. The room was spotless, cleaned perfectly daily, and Kim pretty much lived in the hammock on the balcony any time we were in our room. Loved the wifi in our room!
The beach: The water is gorgeous! The bluest I have ever seen (nothing like Mayan Riviera, Puerto Vallarta or St. Lucia). It is picture perfect. The waves are rough, so you can't wade in too far, but the lifeguards are very attentive and don't let you get too far away. Kim got knocked down in the water and scraped her knee. I laughed all day. Thank you to FRANKIE- the ultimate beach waiter, who never let our drinks run out and came by our cabana with a smile every time.
The food: every meal was delicious and the service was spectacular. Here are the staff members who went above and beyond to serve us. These employees are outstanding: PROFILIO at Chef's Plate, NOE at Maria Marie, LUIGI and HECTOR at Spice, JAZMIN and GISEL at Pelicanos, and ALBERTO at Asiana. Also, ALEX at Asiana is a young, brilliant chef, who worked at the hibachi like a champion. Outstanding! The food at each restaurant was unique and delicious.
The spa: BOOK THIS SPA. It was wonderful. Kim and I had full body massages. It was clean and the staff were friendly and professional.
The pool at this resort is nice, but people complain about the availability of the cabanas. Kim and I chose to spend most of our reading/drinking/relaxing time by the beach, where there was never a problem getting a cabana. It is quieter by the beach as well.
We did the Jungle Tour excursion (booked through the hotel) and it was worth every cent. Kim drove our two man speed boat (she did a below-average job of driving- haha), and we snorkelled out into the ocean. It was amazing to hold a baby starfish and a sea urchin.
The only recommendation that I have is to put air conditioning in the lobby bar area. It is beautiful there, but would be way more comfortable and enjoyable with cool air, providing a break from the sun and heat outside.
Overall, I strongly recommend this resort. As two women traveling together, we felt safe and pampered at Hyatt Zilara. Thank you!

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean, but top floor is outstanding!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ShariGMiller,

First of all thank you very much for selecting Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your 40th birthday celebration and for sharing your detailed and truly positive review with us.

We are excited to know that despite the initial air-conditioning issue in your suite you had a fantastic vacation while enjoying the beautiful suite, complimentary WIFI, delicious dining options, professional and relaxing spa and excellent service.

Thank you very much for recognizing our valued associates such as Solomon, Frankie, Profilio, Noe, Luigi, Hector, Jazmin, Gisel, Alberto and Alex for their professional and personalized service and be assured we will share you kind words with them.
I am certain they will feel truly inspired to continue to work with great dedication.

Thank you very much for recommending us to friends and family and we are very much looking forward to pampering you once again during your next visit.